Author Topic: Romney looks right Howie Carr  (Read 372 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Romney looks right Howie Carr
« on: March 09, 2014, 01:09:38 pm »
http://bostonherald.com/print/news_opinion/columnists/howie_carr/2014/03/romney_looks_right

Romney looks right
Saturday, March 8, 2014
    Howie Carr

Sunday, March 9, 2014

“I told you so.”

Those have to be four of the most satisfying words in the English language. And Mitt Romney has earned the right to speak that short sentence, over and over again, whenever he chooses.

Not that he would — it would be “unbecoming,” to use one of Romney’s old-fashioned words that in 2002 had the mandarins of Political Correctness harrumphing about his “sexism,” I believe the charge was that time.

But these days, Mitt looks more and more prescient, and his critics ever more deluded. First of all, Russia has become “our number one geopolitical foe,” as he put it in the 2012 campaign. Back then, Barack Obama derided him, saying “The 1980s are calling to ask for their foreign policy back.”

Now, not so much.

As a Republican, Romney understands the double standard in the lapdog media. When Mitt says “tar baby,” he’s a racist. When John Kerry says “tar baby,” nothing to see here folks, move along.

Barack Obama admits eating dogs — crickets in the press. Mitt puts one on the roof of his car in a crate — David Letterman demands his arrest.

Speaking of which, Mitt’s net worth is a reported $230 million, and Letterman’s is $400 million. Yet Letterman spent 2012 joking about how loaded Mitt was, once saying Romney was taking a weekend off “to hike to the top of his money.”

Remember Mitt’s “binders full of women”? What a misogynist! The Huffington Post huffed that Romney had to be prevented “from having the power to make the war on women the law of the land.”

Since then, how many Democrat politicians have enlisted in that same war on women — Alan Grayson, Mel Reynolds, Bob Filner, “Carlos Danger,” Carlos Henriquez, Eliot Spitzer, Robert Menendez. ...

Here’s another word that in 2007 got Mitt into hot water with the PC Police — “un-American.” That’s how he described the Democrat bigots who were attacking his Mormon faith. How dare he use such a McCarthyite word, the moonbats fumed.

Why, it’s a code word, a “dog whistle,” a throwback to the bad old days of the House Un-American Activities Committee (chaired by a Democrat named Martin Dies, but again, nothing to see here folks, move along.)

Besides, as one bumkisser said in Slate, the founder of Mormonism, Joseph Smith, was nothing more than a “con man.”

Last week, though, the Democrats were tossing around the word “un-American” with such abandon that you would have thought they were, well, speaking truth to power.

Congressman Elijah Cummings blurted it out at a House hearing, and it’s how Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid described the Koch brothers — “un-American.”

You see, when George Soros or the pinky-ring unions funnel millions to the Democrats, they’re exercising their First Amendment rights, their freedom of speech.

When the Koch brothers do the same thing, they’re un-American. Not only that, Reid said, but they’re also trying to “subvert” democracy.

Hey, Harry, the 1950s are calling to ask for their code words back.

Harry Reid, by the way, is a Mormon. Did you ever hear any late-night comedians joking about his “magic underwear,” or how many wives he has?

Anyway, this week, when some foolhardy D.C. pundits risked their status as Beautiful People by criticizing the sacrosanct Reid, he shot back by quoting Adlai Stevenson:

“If the Republicans will stop telling lies about me, I’ll stop telling the truth about them.”

Brave words from a hack who less than two years ago was falsely accusing Romney of income-tax evasion.

“Let him prove that he has paid taxes,” Reid said on the Senate floor, “because he hasn’t!”

In other words, guilty until proven innocent. Isn’t that ... un-American?

The famous senator Henry Clay once said, “I’d rather be right than president.”

Who knows if he meant it? Mitt should probably start thinking about borrowing Clay’s old line, although I’m not sure he believes it either.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Lando Lincoln

Re: Romney looks right Howie Carr
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 01:18:10 pm »
Good points here...

I can accept that the left wing of the political world is as hypocritical as they are.  That the media are such willing enablers is the real outrage.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline aligncare

Re: Romney looks right Howie Carr
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 01:25:20 pm »
I love irony. Carr uses sarcasm like a kitchen cleaver. I nearly cut my finger clicking the link.