Author Topic: The Constitutioin does not guarantee public safety, it guarantees liberty  (Read 362 times)

rangerrebew

The Constitution Does Not Guarantee Public Safety, It Guarantees Liberty

March 4, 2014, by Ken Jorgustin

the-constitution-does-not-guarantee-public-safety-it-guarantees-liberty

Robert Steed from Vernon, Connecticut, testified during 2013 at the state capital in Hartford CT in opposition to his state legislature’s reactionary gun legislation after the Adam Lanza shooting in Newtown.

Although the following video took place in March, 2013, it’s message will ring true regardless of the date. Watch as Steed makes his argument against more gun control in his passionate testimony…

“This is the third day I’ve taken off of work to come here to, like so many of the rest of us, to plead with you for us to keep our guns because of some wing-nut in Newtown, Connecticut,” “If that isn’t inherently wrong, I don’t know what is. That these bills are even in proposed form is scary enough. That any of you could possibly be undecided is scary enough. What are you looking at?”

“I can’t for the life of me understand how this state can have as many gun laws on the books as it does and have members of its Legislature need to take firearms 101. And as far as what I felt were potshots taken at the NRA, they’ve done more for gun safety– they’ll do more for gun safety this weekend than this committee will do in your careers.”

“Adam Lanza commits a crime, and I’m here to grovel and plead for my rights and explain to you that my firearms are kept safely?”

During a response back to a state legislator at the gun control hearing who said their jobs are becoming difficult, Steed said “The reason that your jobs are becoming so difficult is because you’re coloring outside the lines of constitutional parameters,” “That’s the bottom line. You are trying to marriage up public safety with constitutional rights. The Constitution did not guarantee public safety, it guaranteed liberty. And sometimes what comes with liberty is tragedy, unfortunately.”

http://modernsurvivalblog.com/government-gone-wild/the-constitution-does-not-guarantee-public-safety-it-guarantees-liberty/
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 12:14:06 pm by rangerrebew »