Author Topic: McCain: Cruz 'Crossed Line' by Mocking GOP Presidential Losers  (Read 9973 times)

Online Lando Lincoln

Re: McCain: Cruz 'Crossed Line' by Mocking GOP Presidential Losers
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2014, 04:21:15 am »
Yes, Obama and Reid did shut it down, you are 100% correct.  I applauded Cruz trying to stop congress from funding Obamacare, and I still think he was correct... when someone is drowing - as this country is currently - then it is no time to play nice.

I agree with you totally.  In my view, Senator Cruz needs to develop better savvy and craft.  His message is right, but his delivery and tactic ruins it at times. A lot of times.  He did not need to call out a man such as Bob Dole by name in the way that he did, for example.  He simply didn't.

I will say, as I have said before, it seems to me that Rand Paul has that savvy.  But still... so unseasoned.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2014, 04:22:55 am »
I posted half a page of 'facts regarding Obama, the election and cheating to Sinkspur before. He is just trying to argue for the sake of arguing and get your goat. Hold onto your goat  ^-^  You know he is near losing the argument when he corrects spelling, grammar, mouths off the word ad hominem and asks repetitive questions.

Yes.  I must be wrong.  Of course Romney won the election.  EVERYBODY KNOWS Romney won the election.
'
What parallel universe do you live in?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Oceander

« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2014, 04:24:26 am »
I have to side with those who think Sen. Cruz did something really stupid.  I don't agree with those folk on a lot of other things about Sen. Cruz - and they know it - but on this point I am in complete agreement.

Not only is this a direct violation of the 11th Commandment, it's dwelling in the past and ignoring the future.  Let's assume just for the sake of argument that his statement was true.  So what?  How does that help us craft a new message for today, tomorrow and, most importantly, the Nov. elections?

Sorry, but conservatives/tea partiers who bi*ch about the moderates trashing them have absolutely no excuse for turning around and trashing the moderates.

Here's the thing, when moderate republicans sh*t on conservative/tea party republicans and conservative/tea party republicans sh*t on moderates, all we end up with is a party that smells from stem to stern like sh*t.  Is that any way to persuade the unpersuaded, the fence-sitters, and the low-info voters to agree with us and vote republican in November?

What's the campaign slogan going to be?  Vote for us because our sh*t doesn't smell as bad as their sh*t?

Right now I'd take a Mitt Romney over a Ted Cruz, thank you very much.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2014, 06:38:05 am »

Right now I'd take a Mitt Romney over a Ted Cruz, thank you very much.
I believe if an election was held today Romney would defeat Obama.

But if an election was held today, Obama would defeat Cruz.

Those magical true conservatives that will materialize, but only for a true conservative, are a magical myth.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2014, 11:32:08 am »

Very nice. Very cogent and well thought out response. Wonderful. You have exposed your irrationally and outright hate with that statement. There is no talking to you. You are a fanatic and are not rational.

Are you being paid? Who is funding you to get on sites like this and defend the old, old, status quo from the 1950's?

:nometalk:
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 11:49:59 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2014, 12:03:02 pm »
:nometalk:

I saw it before the edit and a few things come to mind

"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2014, 12:32:45 pm »

LOL!   

I had just seen Lando's post saying he was leaving the thread and thought...."Now that's a much better idea!" 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2014, 01:01:37 pm »

LOL!   

I had just seen Lando's post saying he was leaving the thread and thought...."Now that's a much better idea!"

Looks like I didn't leave based on the comments afterwards.  Dang.  :shrug:
John Steinbeck

Offline aligncare

« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2014, 01:14:57 pm »
Bob Dole said Nixon had ideas. Here's one of Nixon's ideas:

The EPA was proposed by President Richard Nixon and began operation on December 2, 1970, after Nixon signed an executive order.

Hey, establishment Republicans. How's that idea working out for you?

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2014, 01:20:32 pm »

The EPA was proposed by President Richard Nixon and began operation on December 2, 1970, after Nixon signed an executive order.

Oh, they have bungled their way through a lot, to be sure.
John Steinbeck

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2014, 02:07:03 pm »

LOL!   

To be fair, you can now post the *supposed* battleaxe estrogen clique coffee ping list emoticon. It is silly it is the *supposed battleaxes v. the *supposed* bromancers.   It is called an early primary and few are in love with the GOP-sorry .:nometalk: :silly:

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2014, 02:11:50 pm »

The EPA like the DOEduc/Energy, IRS, HLS and so on and so on all need downsized or closed-down. The dilemma seems to be that any career politician would not truly do this (but MAYBE Rand Paul/Cruz AKA the tea party) Yet, when an outsider of Washington comes along- people seem programmed to say, 'wait until he/she has been a governor/politician for 28 years.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2014, 02:21:06 pm »
Just for the record I care just about as much about anything that old fossil McCain might say as I do about what Sinkspur says on this forum!

Nadda! ZERO! Nothing!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2014, 02:36:38 pm »
Waters are calming down and here comes the cannonball!!
John Steinbeck

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2014, 02:46:18 pm »
Waters are calming down and here comes the cannonball!!

We are in a battle for the heart and soul of the Republican party and our county as well! That being the case,  anyone who thinks I'm about to shut up and let the establishment LOSERS win the battles has another think coming!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2014, 02:56:34 pm »
Such principle to make your comment needlessly personal. Noble, even.
John Steinbeck

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2014, 02:58:22 pm »
I'm logging out.
John Steinbeck

Offline xyno

« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2014, 03:13:29 pm »

Are you talking about Cruz, or someone else?

Offline rustynail

« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2014, 03:18:24 pm »
John McCain: Bless his heart.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2014, 03:45:22 pm »

I'm done with trying to play nice with the few of Sinkspur's ilk around here!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2014, 04:04:20 pm »
McCain feels the clock ticking and is flailing as a result.  I also think he is growing senile or has grown senile - his angry outbursts are typical of some cases of senility.   If we can get rid of Light Lindsay then perhaps McCain will retire in 2016, however won't hold my breath as he has no life other than his job as senator.

Juan McLame is trying to become relevant after the poll that listed him as the most disliked member of the Senate this week. He knows that he's lost any and all credibility and thinks that he can ingratiate himself with the State Run Media by attacking Senator Cruz.

He, Dole and Romney were rammed down our throats by the GOP Establishment and were rejected by the conservatives for a very good reason. I regret deeply that I held my nose and voted for the "lesser of two evils" in their respective campaigns.

I sincerely believe that his 5 years in the Hanoi Hilton had a more severe effect on his psyche than what we could have ever imagined. He really does need to retire, but he won't.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline xyno

« Reply #71 on: March 09, 2014, 04:24:17 pm »
I agree that McCain should be eating from a bag of oats out in a pasture somewhere.  But if you look at his very narrow point in this case, he has a valid comment regarding Ted Cruz' remarks.  What was Cruz' calculus here when all he needed to do was take issue with with what those candidates were trying to sell and how it failed?  Why did he make it personal and risk chaffing some veterans?  Poor calculation, I think. 

And red herrings abound here.  Nixon's EPA is germane?  What Dole said in 1970 is somehow pertinent to a dart thrown at him now as he sits in a rocking chair with a blanket on his lap? 

What was Cruz' calculus?  What did he achieve?  Maybe he got a cheeky grin and a "you betcha" from Sarah!  See, another cheap shot!  They're easy.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #72 on: March 09, 2014, 04:32:32 pm »
I'm done with trying to play nice with the few of Sinkspur's ilk around here!

How will we know?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #73 on: March 09, 2014, 04:37:05 pm »
I agree that McCain should be eating from a bag of oats out in a pasture somewhere.  But if you look at his very narrow point in this case, he has a valid comment regarding Ted Cruz' remarks.  What was Cruz' calculus here when all he needed to do was take issue with with what those candidates were trying to sell and how it failed?  Why did he make it personal and risk chaffing some veterans?  Poor calculation, I think. 

And red herrings abound here.  Nixon's EPA is germane?  What Dole said in 1970 is somehow pertinent to a dart thrown at him now as he sits in a rocking chair with a blanket on his lap? 

What was Cruz' calculus?  What did he achieve?  Maybe he got a cheeky grin and a "you betcha" from Sarah!  See, another cheap shot!  They're easy.

Cruz believes, in his heart, that he is so damned much better than Bob Dole, John McCain, and Mitt Romney.  He's unique, you see;  there's been no one like him in the conservative movement, ever.  He's way better than you and me. 

He's a man of principle.  There are no other men of principle in the conservative movement, let alone the Republican party.  Or so Ted Cruz would lead you to believe.

He's heroic.
He's courageous.

He's messianic, even.

Sound like somebody else who came on the scene ten years ago?

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #74 on: March 09, 2014, 04:37:13 pm »

I see your point I really do but go back in the thread and read the Cruz quote. He never dissed their military service. Possibly he could have done this without naming names but way too big of a deal is being made of this. It was not a 'you betcha; from Palin- point. That characterizes it in the wrong vein. We will have to agree to disagree.  :laugh: :beer: