Author Topic: McCain: Cruz 'Crossed Line' by Mocking GOP Presidential Losers  (Read 9983 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: McCain: Cruz 'Crossed Line' by Mocking GOP Presidential Losers
« Reply #150 on: March 09, 2014, 11:11:14 pm »
I think that we can agree that we certainly "fundamentally want the same thing," it is just a matter of seeing how the players on the field in DC go about deciding if the majority of them do as well.

It is clear to me that the majority of the players on the field in DC do not want the same things we do! That is why we have a TEA party movement in the first place!

I would also add that those of us on my side of the argument have been FAR to accommodating of those types in the past and I, for one, am done with that!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #151 on: March 09, 2014, 11:16:57 pm »
Agreed.

Look at what the GOP tried desperately to do to Reagan.  If we'd had these boards back then we'd have been having these exact same discussions.  Reagan had to fight the elite in party and they hated him for it...   As soon as he left office his VP could not wait as the new president to move the party back to "their" more comfortable position.  Had he continued to steer the course of Reagan there likely would never have been a successful Ross Perot challenge and he would have been a two-term president - saving us from Clinton.

That is all to true and I think history will record it just that way. Reagan rocked boats that the elites decidedly did not want rocked and that had to be "fixed" quickly.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #152 on: March 09, 2014, 11:25:24 pm »
Okay a series of hypotheticals with a common theme:

Is there anyone here who will vote for Hillary if Cruz is the nominee?

What about Christie?

Or Rand Paul?

Or Palin?

You see, we have far more in common than not.

(I know, I know... there are some who would choose not to vote in some cases.  Frankly, they have nothing to say as far as I am concerned.)

In the end there is no one here who will vote for Hillary over whoever gets the Republican nomination but I will assure you that this time around I'm going to work harder than ever before to see that the person who gets that nomination will be someone I can vote FOR instead of just casting a vote against Hillary!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #153 on: March 09, 2014, 11:29:49 pm »
That is all to true and I think history will record it just that way. Reagan rocked boats that the elites decidedly did not want rocked and that had to be "fixed" quickly.

and, they were too wedded to their progressive philosophy to actually look at all the good Reagan did in his 8 years of office... I love how people who were still in diapers when he was president like to tell us how it was before and during and immediately after Reagan.  Did I agree with everything he did?  Absolutely not.  But compared to Carter he was a total hero and what he did vis-à-vis facing down the former Soviet Union was brilliant. 

I also vividly remember day in and day out the same crap we read now about Cruz, etc. being reported as gospel on the hourly news reports.  I was so sick of hearing about Nancy this and Nancy that... and who can forget the news media going wall-to-wall on every single Iran Contra hearing - the same media who today pretents there isn't a single hearing on Capital Hill re: IRS, Benghazi, NSA.....
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #154 on: March 09, 2014, 11:41:00 pm »
and, they were too wedded to their progressive philosophy to actually look at all the good Reagan did in his 8 years of office... I love how people who were still in diapers when he was president like to tell us how it was before and during and immediately after Reagan.  Did I agree with everything he did?  Absolutely not.  But compared to Carter he was a total hero and what he did vis-à-vis facing down the former Soviet Union was brilliant. 

I also vividly remember day in and day out the same crap we read now about Cruz, etc. being reported as gospel on the hourly news reports.  I was so sick of hearing about Nancy this and Nancy that... and who can forget the news media going wall-to-wall on every single Iran Contra hearing - the same media who today pretents there isn't a single hearing on Capital Hill re: IRS, Benghazi, NSA.....

I remember all that as well but the thing most imprinted on MY memory is the fact that the Mullahs in Iran, who had held 52 Americans captive for 444 days under Jimmah Caata suddenly decided that the release of those hostages would be in their best interests just days before Reagan took office!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #155 on: March 09, 2014, 11:42:33 pm »
I remember all that as well but the thing most imprinted on MY memory is the fact that the Mullahs in Iran, who had held 52 Americans captive for 444 days under Jimmah Caata suddenly decided that the release of those hostages would be in their best interests just days before Reagan took office!

Yep... I remember that, too. 
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #156 on: March 09, 2014, 11:59:25 pm »
It is clear to me that the majority of the players on the field in DC do not want the same things we do! That is why we have a TEA party movement in the first place!

I would also add that those of us on my side of the argument have been FAR to accommodating of those types in the past and I, for one, am done with that!

Totally agree!

I have come to the conclusion that when we tolerate bad behavior from within our ranks, then we can expect bad behavior.

I now have Zero Tolerance for people like John Wayne McCornyn or Juan McLame.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline xyno

« Reply #157 on: March 10, 2014, 12:01:04 am »
Relax....not going to happen.

I know.  I have observed enough to know that.  But, he had "no doubt". 

The ad hominem shots are very subtle.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #158 on: March 10, 2014, 12:03:31 am »
I know.  I have observed enough to know that.  But, he had "no doubt". 

The ad hominem shots are very subtle.

Given the hatred some people have for Cruz, there will be at least one who would vote against him out of spite.  Who?  You can figure that one out for yourself.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Howie66

« Reply #159 on: March 10, 2014, 12:03:40 am »
In the end there is no one here who will vote for Hillary over whoever gets the Republican nomination but I will assure you that this time around I'm going to work harder than ever before to see that the person who gets that nomination will be someone I can vote FOR instead of just casting a vote against Hillary!

Nailed it, Bigun!

If I have to locate that woman who was the little girl that kicked Roves a$$ as a kid and hire her to do it again, then that's what I'll do.

No more Guaranteed LOSERS like Romney, McCain or Dole are going to be acceptable. That include Jeb Bush. What a tool!
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #160 on: March 10, 2014, 12:09:37 am »
How many of the current crop of people currently representing the GOP fit the template the Founders imagined when they created this  Republic.  I'd say only three or four... in the senate and maybe 70 max in congress. 

Offline Howie66

« Reply #161 on: March 10, 2014, 12:17:27 am »
How many of the current crop of people currently representing the GOP fit the template the Founders imagined when they created this  Republic.  I'd say only three or four... in the senate and maybe 70 max in congress.

I believe that your estimate is pretty much spot on.

Then again, the current Congress-pukes would be hard pressed to simply shine the shoes of one of our Founding Fathers.

Or the boots of the lowliest Marine recruit for that matter.

If they think that Eric "The Red" Holder is in Contempt of Congress, they need to touch base with me. I'll show them what real contempt is, with extreme prejudice.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #162 on: March 10, 2014, 12:36:35 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=R-lMAoS5-3s

I don't always agree with George Will but when I do it's when he says something like this!

He couldn't be more right!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 12:45:45 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #163 on: March 10, 2014, 12:41:55 am »
Given the hatred some people have for Cruz, there will be at least one who would vote against him out of spite.  Who?  You can figure that one out for yourself.

You said that the person would either not vote or vote for Hillary.

THAT ain't gonna happen, IMO.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #164 on: March 10, 2014, 12:45:26 am »
Thanks for posting the video, Bigun.........   good reminder that this "infighting" is nothing new

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #165 on: March 10, 2014, 12:47:35 am »
Thanks for posting the video, Bigun.........   good reminder that this "infighting" is nothing new

infighting is a major indicator of health in ANY movement!  When everyone moves in lockstep the end isn't far down the road!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #166 on: March 10, 2014, 12:49:50 am »
infighting is a major indicator of health in ANY movement!  When everyone moves in lockstep the end isn't far down the road!

I agree... one reason I think all the hand-wringing over these discussions is just trying to shut us up so they don't have to know we even exist and THAT isn't going to happen.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #167 on: March 10, 2014, 01:16:09 am »

said the man who uses the 'ignore' button proudly.     :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #168 on: March 10, 2014, 01:21:20 am »

said the man who uses the 'ignore' button proudly.     :laugh:

You are wrong about the proudly part! Anything but in fact but when someone continues to LIE regardless of the fact that he has been proven to be lying many times what else can one do?

His hatred of Ted Cruz has consumed him!

« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 01:22:17 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #169 on: March 10, 2014, 01:57:58 am »
You said that the person would either not vote or vote for Hillary.

THAT ain't gonna happen, IMO.

Just in case anybody thinks that's me, you lose.  I'd vote for Cruz over Hillary any day of the week. I voted for him in the General last time.

What, you think I'm crazy????
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline xyno

« Reply #170 on: March 10, 2014, 02:04:18 am »
Just in case anybody thinks that's me, you lose.  I'd vote for Cruz over Hillary any day of the week. I voted for him in the General last time.

I don't.  I find there are peculiar views here.  No, it's not the views.  The righteous indignation of some seems over the top. 
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 02:05:31 am by xyno »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #171 on: March 10, 2014, 02:05:04 am »
You are wrong about the proudly part! Anything but in fact but when someone continues to LIE regardless of the fact that he has been proven to be lying many times what else can one do?

His hatred of Ted Cruz has consumed him!

Nope.  But your hatred of ME has consumed YOU.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #172 on: March 10, 2014, 02:16:11 am »
Are you talking about Cruz, or someone else?

Ha!  Interesting question.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #173 on: March 10, 2014, 02:56:34 am »

Thanks for confirming that which isn't a surprise to many of us here, Sink!  :laugh:

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #174 on: March 10, 2014, 02:18:40 pm »
Quote from: sinkspur on March 09, 2014, 11:57:58 PM

What, you think I'm crazy???

Thanks for confirming that which isn't a surprise to many of us here, Sink!  :laugh:

Cruz ran in the general election? When?

:sword:                
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?