Author Topic: Ann Coulter: I Never Believed GOP Was Racist Until I Read Marco Rubio's Amnesty Bill  (Read 1106 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/03/08/Coulter-GOP-actually-is-racist-because-of-Marco-Rubio-s-amnesty-push

by Matthew Boyle 8 Mar 2014, 11:58 AM PDT

NATIONAL HARBOR, Maryland — Appearing at a panel with Eagle Forum’s Phyllis Schlafly across the street from the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) on Saturday morning, conservative columnist Ann Coulter joked that Republicans pushing for amnesty are actually racist because increased immigration would depress the wages of black and other minority workers.

“My whole life I’ve heard ‘Republicans are racist, don’t like black people, don’t care about black people,’” Coulter said. “I never believed it until I read Marco Rubio’s amnesty bill.”

“Did you know that Marco Rubio’s amnesty bill would triple legal immigration? Triple it,” Coulter said leading up to that comment. She continued:

"Did you know that the children covered under the DREAM Act include 17-year-olds. We’re talking about giving amnesty to ‘oh the children, the children.’ They’re 30 years old. The majority of immigrants don’t care about amnesty. The Democrats know.

"In Obama’s ads to Hispanic language radio and TV stations, his ads don’t talk about amnesty. The ads were saying Obamacare is going to give you free healthcare. They know how Hispanics don’t care. In fact, I was just thinking about how you know that big line with the Democrats that ‘Republicans only care about the fetus until it is born’ because they don’t support a wrath of social service workers I guess.

"But the point is, how about flipping that around on them? Democrats only care about immigrants until they vote. On a number of 1.2 million immigrants a year, who is that hurting? It’s hurting the last round of immigrants. It’s hurting all low wage workers.”

Coulter argued that the Senate-passed immigration bill or similar proposals would result in a growing underclass in America. “This is nothing but indentured servitude,” Coulter said. “Mark Zuckerberg brings in people to run the copy machine and they’re not ‘the best and the brightest.’ They aren’t even the ones taking the top jobs. They are low level employees. But the advantage of H1Bs is they can’t leave the company that brought them in. They can’t bargain for higher wages. As if Mark Zuckerberg doesn’t already have enough money.”

Coulter said conservatives and Republicans need to focus all of their attention right on making sure amnesty and a massive legal immigration increase does not happen. “There is no point in talking about any other issue,” Coulter said. “There is no more important issue than immigration. Phyllis Schlafly’s report has demonstrated that we lose everything if we lose immigration.”

The Eagle Forum report in question argued the demographic results of an amnesty and massive legal immigration increase would permanently destroy the conservative movement and the Republican Party. Despite the significance of the issue, Coulter said the media has by and large ignored the ramifications of such policies if they even cover immigration at all.

“What’s strange about the immigration thing is I cannot think of another issue where you cannot hear the other side in the media,” Coulter said. “There is no issue that is as important and of as much interest to the American people and it is simply hidden by the media. I think they correctly suspect that the American people may not be with them.”

Coulter even took a jab at Fox News, arguing later in her remarks the Fox News has not given airtime to the drastic ramifications of these immigration proposals. Coulter said Republicans in Congress, many of whom lead conservative battles on issues ranging from Obamacare to tax reform to welfare reform to many other policy battles can’t flip Fox News on to learn about immigration.

“Even beyond not searching for the ‘best and the brightest’ the world over, once the Democrats get them here, the Democrats get them on welfare because they want warm bodies, they want the votes,” she said. “Why Republicans are going along with this is the most baffling question, other than they’re busy with other things and they certainly can’t turn on Fox News and hear the truth, you won’t even hear about immigration. It’s like their buddies in the media are promising the Republicans ‘don’t worry, we won’t write about this—only if we call you brave.’ It’s like invasion of the body snatchers. You don’t know who to trust.”

Coulter also touched on double standards for some topics in the immigration debate.

Referencing the 1965 immigration legislation from Ted Kennedy, Coulter noted that Kennedy and its other supporters “swore up and down” that the bill would not change the ethnic makeup of America. “So they’re apparently allowed to talk about ethnicity [regarding] the impact of an immigration bill when they’re lying, but if we point out using the exact [argument in reverse] that that was a lie, [they say] ‘oh no, that’s out of bounds, that’s racist,’” Coulter said. “It’s a very strange disjointedness. And to follow on this point, this isn’t natural.”

“This isn’t a natural process,” she added. “It’s like you’re being raped and the guy is telling you ‘my penis is in you, but what can you do?’ ‘No! You’re raping me!’”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
This entertainment professional, isall over the board, in her search for her soundbite of the moment.

Who do I want to hear from about the immigration issue?

--Ann Coulter, Pat Buchanan and some Militiamen goofballs or

--Marco Rubio, Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, Perry, Martinez, Romney, Walker, etc.?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Coulter said conservatives and Republicans need to focus all of their attention right on making sure amnesty and a massive legal immigration increase does not happen. “There is no point in talking about any other issue,” Coulter said.

She's correct but she is also there selling her latest book. People go on and on about how we need REAL CHANGE and no more Washington Insiders and someone like Ben Carson is mentioned and what do they say? They say, 'good for the chap, he can come back and think about the Presidency after he gets a few years of politics under his belt'. Then there are some Governors that would be qualified but they are unknowns nationally.  I want America not sold to the highest billion dollars in a spending campaign scum pit of lies, like Obama. Whoever gets nominated of either party, will spend pot loads of money and those grass roots wacko bird folks won't get the money pot. So we will be stuck with who Karl Rove picks and lose again as a party and a country. Sorry to be Debbie Downer but I am sick of it.
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Oceander

So; is Ms. Coulter planning to carry a rifle and patrol the border herself, looking for illegals to shoot?

BTW, this is exactly the sort of sh*t that will hand Congress to the democrats this November.

Let me put it this way:  there are 8 months left until the Nov. elections; there is no more time left for this sort of sophmoric teenage existential angst.  It's time to close ranks, agree on the candidate in each race who has the best chance of success in Nov., and start pimping that candidate hardcore.

That means two things in particular:

(1) MODERATES MUST BEGIN TO SUPPORT THE CONSERVATIVE/TEA PARTY CANDIDATE WHO'S THE MOST VIABLE, and
(2) CONSERVATIVES/TEA PARTIERS MUST BEGIN TO SUPPORT THE MODERATE CANDIDATE WHO'S THE MOST VIABLE.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 11:49:59 pm by Oceander »

Offline truth_seeker

So; is Ms. Coulter planning to carry a rifle and patrol the border herself, looking for illegals to shoot?

BTW, this is exactly the sort of sh*t that will hand Congress to the democrats this November.

Let me put it this way:  there are 8 months left until the Nov. elections; there is no more time left for this sort of sophmoric teenage existential angst.  It's time to close ranks, agree on the candidate in each race who has the best chance of success in Nov., and start pimping that candidate hardcore.

That means two things in particular:

(1) MODERATES MUST BEGIN TO SUPPORT THE CONSERVATIVE/TEA PARTY CANDIDATE WHO'S THE MOST VIABLE, and
(2) CONSERVATIVES/TEA PARTIERS MUST BEGIN TO SUPPORT THE MODERATE CANDIDATE WHO'S THE MOST VIABLE.
The whole bunch of entertainers, from Limbo to Levin, to Coulter and Beck make their living, from keeping the controversies swirling.

There is no market for unity programming. Doesn't stir up enough adrenaline and anger.

Oceander

The whole bunch of entertainers, from Limbo to Levin, to Coulter and Beck make their living, from keeping the controversies swirling.

There is no market for unity programming. Doesn't stir up enough adrenaline and anger.

you mean there's no percentage in keeping the outrage against Obama and the democrats going?

Offline katzenjammer

Yes, if that whole bunch of entertainers would just pipe down, all would be well in the world.  None of what they talk about has any bearing in reality, they are just making up fictional stories everyday, yeah!!  That's the ticket!!  They're all just making stuff up and lying!!

"Unity programming" would be the true fiction at this point, there is no unity because there is a huge chasm across the Republican party.  Covering one's ears and shouting "I can't hear you" doesn't make it go away.

Oceander

Yes, if that whole bunch of entertainers would just pipe down, all would be well in the world.  None of what they talk about has any bearing in reality, they are just making up fictional stories everyday, yeah!!  That's the ticket!!  They're all just making stuff up and lying!!

"Unity programming" would be the true fiction at this point, there is no unity because there is a huge chasm across the Republican party.  Covering one's ears and shouting "I can't hear you" doesn't make it go away.

and that chasm will guarantee the democrats a win come November, unless republicans are willing to man up and close it themselves.

Offline truth_seeker

you mean there's no percentage in keeping the outrage against Obama and the democrats going?
At some point there ought to be no market for Republican infighting, and to turn it on Obama and the democrats.

I am tired of the term GOPe. I'm pretty much tired of professional political entertainers.

We ought elevate them no higher than journalists. "If it bleeds, it leads" is their game plan.

Sadly the audience cheers them.

Offline katzenjammer

I can't speak for all of the "entertainers" but Levin does a nice job of talking about (hence keeping his listeners informed) both 0bama and the democrats as well as the GOPe.  Both segments have caused massive problems for the country, so he speaks honestly and openly about them both.  I see no problem with that, and actually see it as a positive to have some speak truthfully about reality.  I also never view it as a problem that he, nor any of the others, happen to earn a living while informing millions of people at the same time.  I've never understood that line of reasoning that infers that because they are making a living by doing their shows (and writing their books), it somehow degrades the impact of their messages and content.

Offline katzenjammer

and that chasm will guarantee the democrats a win come November, unless republicans are willing to man up and close it themselves.

No argument from me on that.  But at this point, I honestly don't see it going away.  I don't believe that either side is willing to just concede to the other.  It may not be what we like, or want to see happen, but I do believe it is the reality that we are stuck with.

Oceander

No argument from me on that.  But at this point, I honestly don't see it going away.  I don't believe that either side is willing to just concede to the other.  It may not be what we like, or want to see happen, but I do believe it is the reality that we are stuck with.

There's no call for conceding one way or the other; there is, however, every reason for a recognition of reality, a sense of priorities, and an artful compromise.

Offline katzenjammer

There's no call for conceding one way or the other; there is, however, every reason for a recognition of reality, a sense of priorities, and an artful compromise.

This may prove to be the real point of resistance: "a recognition of reality."  I'm not sure that a common view of that "reality" exists across the chasm.  So the sense of "priorities" and ensuing "compromise" may well remain out of reach.  It is another one of those, "I'd love to be proven wrong" things.  But at this point, I just don't see it happening.

Offline Rapunzel

Palin took Obama to the woodshed in her speech........ actually if anyone bothered to listen to the CPAC speeches most of them took it to him......
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776