Author Topic: Poll: 30% of Republicans Won't Vote for Christie, 50% of All Voters Reject Jeb Bush  (Read 570 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/03/08/Poll-30-of-GOP-Won-t-Vote-for-Chris-Christie-50-of-Americans-Reject-Jeb-Bush

by Tony Lee 8 Mar 2014, 10:03 AM PDT

A new poll suggests Republican New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie will have problems with Republican primary voters should he choose to run for president in 2016, while Jeb Bush will face steep barriers in a potential general election.

A Washington Post-ABC News poll released on Thursday found that "three in 10 of all Republicans say they would not vote for" Christie in 2016. Among voters who described themselves as "conservative," 35% said they would not vote for Christie.

Since the beginning of Christie's Bridgegate scandal, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush has been considering running, but the poll found that 50% of registered voters “definitely would not” vote for him in a general election, putting into doubt the GOP establishment's claim that Jeb Bush is one of the most electable Republicans.

As the Post noted, the overall findings also "underscore the degree to which the contest for the GOP nomination in 2016 is as wide open as any in the modern era." After Christie, Republicans and conservatives were most dissatisfied with former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee.

The poll was conducted February 27-March 2 and has a margin of error of +/- 3.5 percentage points.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

I will end up voting for whomever is the GOP nominee in the general election, be that person Christie or anyone else, even Huckabee (barf); but I will not vote for Christie in any primary and I sincerely hope that he isn't the nominee for the general election.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
[[ I will end up voting for whomever is the GOP nominee in the general election ]]

Not me.
I'm not going to be made a fool of again.

A long time ago, I was a democrat, mainly because I was dumb enough to believe that the rat party "was for the working man".

Well, even dummies like me come around, eventually. I will NEVER vote for a democrat again. Never, NEVER, N-E-V-E-R. I hope I'm making myself clear.  :)

I became a Republican and conservative because I realized -- as a white male of Euro-Christian background -- that perhaps the Pubbie party might better represent my beliefs, mores, and interests.

As I mentioned above, I'm a slow learner.

The Republicans -did- seem to represent those interests, at least for a while. But within the past 10 years they, too, no longer impress me as being a party that has any intention of preserving and maintaining an "America of our forefathers". They'll throw that right out the window with the democrats, so long as they can live a comfortable life as "the minority party".

They won't fight any more.
Dole wouldn't fight.
McCain wouldn't fight.
Romney wouldn't fight.
Immediately after the 2000 election, when the chads were hanging, it looked for a while that even Bush wouldn't fight, till he made a short speech on tv. I thought G.W. Bush was a decent enough guy, and he tried after the World Trade Center attacks, but in the end even he did little to further conservatism or traditionalism in America.

I certainly don't see Chris Christie, Marco Rubio, Paul Ryan or Jeb Bush (ugh) furthering such causes, either.

Why in heck should I vote for them?
Hint: I'm not going to.

If withholding my vote from such losers damages the GOP-e, well, too damned bad.
They deserve what they get.
And -- they're going to get it!

Offline katzenjammer

[[ I will end up voting for whomever is the GOP nominee in the general election ]]

Not me.
I'm not going to be made a fool of again.

A long time ago, I was a democrat, mainly because I was dumb enough to believe that the rat party "was for the working man".

Well, even dummies like me come around, eventually. I will NEVER vote for a democrat again. Never, NEVER, N-E-V-E-R. I hope I'm making myself clear.  :)

I became a Republican and conservative because I realized -- as a white male of Euro-Christian background -- that perhaps the Pubbie party might better represent my beliefs, mores, and interests.

As I mentioned above, I'm a slow learner.

The Republicans -did- seem to represent those interests, at least for a while. But within the past 10 years they, too, no longer impress me as being a party that has any intention of preserving and maintaining an "America of our forefathers". They'll throw that right out the window with the democrats, so long as they can live a comfortable life as "the minority party".

They won't fight any more.
Dole wouldn't fight.
McCain wouldn't fight.
Romney wouldn't fight.
Immediately after the 2000 election, when the chads were hanging, it looked for a while that even Bush wouldn't fight, till he made a short speech on tv. I thought G.W. Bush was a decent enough guy, and he tried after the World Trade Center attacks, but in the end even he did little to further conservatism or traditionalism in America.

I certainly don't see Chris Christie, Marco Rubio, Paul Ryan or Jeb Bush (ugh) furthering such causes, either.

Why in heck should I vote for them?
Hint: I'm not going to.

If withholding my vote from such losers damages the GOP-e, well, too damned bad.
They deserve what they get.
And -- they're going to get it!

I'm done voting for anyone that I don't see making a dimes worth of difference.  I agree, too damn bad.

Offline sinkspur

If you don't vote, you lose the right to bitch. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.