Author Topic: Teen suing parents rages at ‘spoiled’ baby boomers  (Read 640 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Teen suing parents rages at ‘spoiled’ baby boomers
« on: March 08, 2014, 05:38:47 pm »
http://nypost.com/2014/03/07/teen-suing-parents-baby-boomers-are-the-spoiled-ones/

Teen suing parents rages at ‘spoiled’ baby boomers
By Tara Palmeri and Jeane MacIntoshMarch 7, 2014 | 9:01am

Rachel Canning (left) and her mother, Elizabeth.

The New Jersey parents being sued for tuition by their entitled teenager were excoriated in a Friday rant on her new Facebook page as “spoiled” baby boomers who would rather feather a retirement nest than pay their kids’ college bills.

“I have been stunned by the financial greed of modern parents who are more concerned with retiring into some fantasy world rather than provide for their children’s college and young adult years,” a poster — presumed to be Morris Catholic HS senior Rachel Canning or a supporter — wrote in the pre-dawn web screed.

“Suburban baby boomer types are the spoiled lot, they make massive amount of money a year, they are used to flying to luxury destinations when they want, and buy things that they don’t need, people should be inclined to see things my way.”

The post appeared on the “Education for Rachel” Facebook page, which Canning previously told The Post she set up to support her cause.

The venomous Friday message suggested that, if Canning’s parents don’t foot her education bills, she’ll have no future unless she joins the armed forces.

“In today’s economy there are no more meaningful jobs and without family help it’s usually military or bust,” the poster gripes.

“I see parents like this every day, children were always an accessory to them and nothing more, once that accessory grew up and went out of fashion, much like a marriage that people allegedly commit to, the child becomes a throwaway, that’s just how it is.”

The Facebook post went up just hours after a report that the man bankrolling her lawsuit allowed the teen to get boozed up and throw wild ragers in his home.

Powerful attorney John Inglesino, who took Rachel under his wing, let her get drunk on vodka in his Rockaway Township house when she was 15, according to a report in  the Daily Mail.

Parents Sean and Elizabeth Canning claim in court documents that Inglesino provided their daughter with not only a home but a place to drink and party.

Rachel’s dad claims she had once been so hung over from a night of drinking, she puked all over a sidewalk and into a garbage can, the Mail reported.

Rachel’s parents also claim the Inglesino family hosted parties and paid for rides in limousines filled with wine coolers.

“Rachel was angry because we would not host an alcoholic party,” her dad said in court papers.

“Rachel’s first time drinking alcohol was at the Inglesino house.”

Rachel Canning wants her parents to fork over money for tuition, room, board, transportation and other expenses.

Inglesino — whose daughters are friends with Rachel — fired back in court papers that Rachel deserves an opportunity to realize her goals.

“Rachel is likable, communicates exceptionally well and is highly motivated,” Inglesino wrote in a court filing. “That is why my wife and I have decided to fund [her] lawsuit.”

In a response, Rachel’s parents said the politically connected lawyer has helped tear the family apart. “The Inglesinos, while purporting to help, have actually been a tremendous hindrance in family healing,” Elizabeth Canning said in a sworn statement.

In a Morristown court Tuesday, after Rachel filed for an emergency order to get $600 a week from her parents, Judge Peter Bogaard blasted the young woman, referring to an obscene voicemail she left for her mother.

“Have you ever seen a young adult show such gross disrespect to a parent in a voicemail?” he asked. “The child thumbs her nose at her parents, leaves the house and turns around asking, ‘Now you have to pay me money every week.’ ”

Sean and Elizabeth said their eldest daughter refused to obey basic household rules and left on her own.

For Rachel to get money from her parents, she’ll have to show at the next scheduled court hearing that she was thrown out of their Lincoln Park house or feared physical danger, legal experts said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Oceander