• Owner
  • Administrator
« on: March 08, 2014, 09:38:34 AM »

Support the USO

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 09:50:20 AM »
I don't see any movement on this case until after the Midterms.  And if the Republicans really do take a majority in the Senate, thanks to Harry Reid they will only need 51 votes to pass anything, and that includes over-riding an Obama veto.

Gonna be a whole new ball game.....

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 09:54:07 AM »
I don't see any movement on this case until after the Midterms.  And if the Republicans really do take a majority in the Senate, thanks to Harry Reid they will only need 51 votes to pass anything, and that includes over-riding an Obama veto.

Want to bet that somewhere between November and January, the nuclear option gets rescinded?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 10:02:58 AM »

There likely won't be any real movement in the case ever! The ITB bastards have no intention of getting to the bottom of it regardless of which political party they belong to!

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 10:41:43 AM »
There likely won't be any real movement in the case ever! The ITB bastards have no intention of getting to the bottom of it regardless of which political party they belong to!

Sadly, I'm fairly certain that you are correct about that.

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 10:45:25 AM »

unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on one's views), the Constitution requires a vote by 2/3ds of each house of Congress for a veto to be overridden.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf