Author Topic: Lois Lerner stays silent to protect someone outside the IRS  (Read 1020 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Lois Lerner stays silent to protect someone outside the IRS
« on: March 08, 2014, 02:09:02 pm »
http://washingtonexaminer.com/examiner-editorial-lois-lerner-stays-silent-to-protect-someone-outside-the-irs/article/2545145

Examiner Editorial: Lois Lerner stays silent to protect someone outside the IRS
By Washington Examiner | MARCH 6, 2014 AT 7:54 AM

So, Lois Lerner still won't talk about her role in the illegal targeting and harassment by the IRS of conservative and Tea Party groups seeking 501(c)(4) tax exemptions. Lerner appeared for a second time Wednesday before the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform and claimed her Fifth Amendment right not to incriminate herself. It isn't hard to figure out why Lerner's lips are sealed.

First, she knows the House of Representatives can cite her for contempt of Congress, but Attorney General Eric Holder would decide whether she is prosecuted on that charge. Lerner need not worry since President Obama has already told the world there wasn't “a smidgen of corruption” in the IRS actions, and Holder allowed a major Obama campaign contributor to have a role in Department of Justice's faux investigation of the scandal.

The second and far more revealing reason Lerner is being what the Mafia calls “a good soldier” is seen in the questions posed to her by Rep. Darrell Issa, the California Republican who chairs the oversight panel. For example, Issa noted that Lerner told a Duke University group in October 2010 that “everyone is up in arms” over the Supreme Court's Citizens United decision and that “the Federal Election Commission can't do anything about it. They want the IRS to fix the problem.” Lerner refused to answer Issa's request that she explain who was the “they” to which she referred or how they made clear their desire that the IRS “fix the problem.”

Similarly, Issa asked about her statement in a September 2010 email to subordinates in which she directed them to begin “a c4 project” and warned them that “we need to be cautious so it isn’t a per se political project.” Lerner refused to explain why she was worried that the project could be viewed as political. Then Issa asked her about a February 2011 email in which she said “Tea Party Matter very dangerous.” Lerner refused to say either what the Tea Party “matter” was or why she viewed it as “dangerous.”

Finally, Issa told Lerner that another IRS executive had told the oversight panel that she had ordered that Tea Party applications be subjected to a “multi-level review.” She refused to explain why she singled out Tea Party applications for such reviews.

These simple questions – each based on indisputable facts – establish that somebody outside of the IRS told her they wanted the tax agency to “fix” something involving groups seeking 501(c)(4) tax status, that she directed subordinates to begin a (c)(4) project she feared could be seen as “political,” that she viewed Tea Party groups as “dangerous,” and that she ordered that such groups be subjected to “multi-level review.” Those are the four essential points of the IRS scandal: Who ordered the tax agency to get involved, who in the tax agency responded, who they targeted and what actions they took. She cannot answer these questions because, as she herself has claimed, that would be incriminating. Lerner and others must hope Issa doesn’t already have the answers.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: Lois Lerner stays silent to protect someone outside the IRS
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 02:14:35 pm »
Quid Pro Quo

Lois kept her mouth shut, and Elijah Cummings testified for her, and turned this into another racial attack by Republicans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhvK9CkjL9g

:smokin:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 02:31:17 pm »
I would make a sizable wager as to who that someone is!

Ultimately it was Barack Hussein Obama who only follows one rule! By any means necessary!

The situation perfectly illustrates why we cannot be a FREE people and have an IRS at the same time!

As the author of the article correctly points out , even if Issa's committee completely gets to the bottom of the matter NOTHING OF CONSEQUENCE will happen to any of the malfeasants because that has to go through Eric "The Red" Holder in order to happen!

« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 02:37:04 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 02:51:47 pm »
I would make a sizable wager as to who that someone is!

Ultimately it was Barack Hussein Obama who only follows one rule! By any means necessary!

The situation perfectly illustrates why we cannot be a FREE people and have an IRS at the same time!

As the author of the article correctly points out , even if Issa's committee completely gets to the bottom of the matter NOTHING OF CONSEQUENCE will happen to any of the malfeasants because that has to go through Eric "The Red" Holder in order to happen!

Holder is on his way out, and a Republican controlled congress will be an entirely different kettle of fish....

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 03:05:26 pm »
Holder is on his way out, and a Republican controlled congress will be an entirely different kettle of fish....

Again I sincerely hope that you are right about this and I am wrong!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 03:37:53 pm »

And if the paper and e-mail trails have been sufficiently wiped?  This criminal's delay may be precisely for the purpose of giving others still moled away in the IRS the time needed to "clean" things up.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2014, 03:45:31 pm »
And if the paper and e-mail trails have been sufficiently wiped?  This criminal's delay may be precisely for the purpose of giving others still moled away in the IRS the time needed to "clean" things up.

Yes, I never expect any smoking guns to appear in anything turned over.  They were probably smart enough to not let anything ever get into the evidence in the first place, and if anything ever did, it is likely to have been destroyed months ago.  These people aren't fooling around, they play for keeps.

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2014, 03:52:40 pm »
Yes, I never expect any smoking guns to appear in anything turned over.  They were probably smart enough to not let anything ever get into the evidence in the first place, and if anything ever did, it is likely to have been destroyed months ago.  These people aren't fooling around, they play for keeps.

I think there is a trail - most likely in emails (the White House has failed to turn over for about a year emails that it promised would be turned over immediately) - and that it's being wiped as we speak.  Why?  Because everyone, and I mean everyone, ends up putting into emails things they would never have put into a written letter.  I just read about a suit against Dewey Lebouf - a law firm that imploded after the 2008 financial crash - that's being sued for defrauding its creditors.  The evidence in the case against the firm?  Emails between its partners talking about using accounting tricks to hide the fact that the firm had breached its loan agreements; those tricks allowed it to hide this fact from its creditors for a long time, leaving the creditors holding an empty bag when the firm imploded and landed in bankruptcy court.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2014, 03:56:00 pm »
I think there is a trail - most likely in emails (the White House has failed to turn over for about a year emails that it promised would be turned over immediately) - and that it's being wiped as we speak.  Why?  Because everyone, and I mean everyone, ends up putting into emails things they would never have put into a written letter.  I just read about a suit against Dewey Lebouf - a law firm that imploded after the 2008 financial crash - that's being sued for defrauding its creditors.  The evidence in the case against the firm?  Emails between its partners talking about using accounting tricks to hide the fact that the firm had breached its loan agreements; those tricks allowed it to hide this fact from its creditors for a long time, leaving the creditors holding an empty bag when the firm imploded and landed in bankruptcy court.

Could be...  I always figure they are smart enough to use email accounts & services outside of the official channels for their "really good" stuff!!

Oceander

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2014, 03:57:56 pm »
Could be...  I always figure they are smart enough to use email accounts & services outside of the official channels for their "really good" stuff!!

even that is discoverable; it was discovered a while back that certain Obama tools were using outside email accounts for precisely that.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2014, 04:36:24 pm »
even that is discoverable; it was discovered a while back that certain Obama tools were using outside email accounts for precisely that.

Well let's hope in this case more than a few left more of trail than they may have realized!!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2014, 03:59:16 am »
[[ Who ordered the tax agency to get involved... ? ]]

My guess:
Some gal named Valerie...

Offline olde north church

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2014, 10:56:35 am »

The recent "hospitalization" was a tell, a message, a signal, whatever vernacular you prefer.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.