Author Topic:  (Read 611 times)

Offline Rapunzel

« on: March 08, 2014, 02:54:16 AM »

Offline happyg

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 04:41:22 PM »
We only use a small portion of the brain, so it's hard telling what it (or we) are capable of. One of these days, scientists will be able to tap into it, and amazing things will result.

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 05:42:46 PM »
We only use a small portion of the brain, so it's hard telling what it (or we) are capable of. One of these days, scientists will be able to tap into it, and amazing things will result.

I think it's a little more complicated than that.  I think the statements about how much is being used are based on comparing a brain to a computer and the two couldn't be further apart.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 05:44:35 PM »
I read about a hospital operating room somewhere where the surgeons are conducting an experiment on out of body experiences.  They placed some item on a high shelf in the operating room, and they informed patients as to its existence.  They tell them to look for the item if they have an out of body experience.  So far, no one has been able to identify what the item is, in spite of some claiming to have had "out of body" experiences.  This suggests that the event is actually happening inside the brain, and not an actual spiritual transformation.
"She only coughs when she lies."

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 05:49:45 PM »
I read about a hospital operating room somewhere where the surgeons are conducting an experiment on out of body experiences.  They placed some item on a high shelf in the operating room, and they informed patients as to its existence.  They tell them to look for the item if they have an out of body experience.  So far, no one has been able to identify what the item is, in spite of some claiming to have had "out of body" experiences.  This suggests that the event is actually happening inside the brain, and not an actual spiritual transformation.

Richard Feynmann played around with out of body experiences, first using ketamine and a sensory deprivation tank, and later on just the tank itself.  He writes about it in his book 'Surely You're Joking Mr. Feynman!'.  It was something he could cause and could play around with.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf