Author Topic: Rand Paul to GOP rivals: Sell your own ideas and stop mischaracterizing mine  (Read 529 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.kentucky.com/2014/03/07/3126568/rand-paul-to-gop-rivals-sell-your.html

Rand Paul to GOP rivals: Sell your own ideas and stop mischaracterizing mine
BY SAM YOUNGMAN
syoungman@herald-leader.comMarch 7, 2014 Updated 9 hours ago

U.S. Sen. Rand Paul has noticed that some of his would-be rivals for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination are using this week's Conservative Political Action Committee meeting to portray him as a foreign policy isolationist.

"I think people ought to spend their time trying to sell their own ideas instead of trying to mischaracterize mine," Paul said Friday.

Hours before Paul was set to speak at CPAC, a conference that is in many ways the first audition for Republican presidential candidates, Kentucky's junior senator told the Herald-Leader that his position on what is happening in Ukraine is in line with what most Americans are thinking.

Paul said neither Republicans nor Democrats are calling for military intervention in the region, where Crimea is attempting to secede from Ukraine amid a heavy Russian military presence, drawing sharp rebukes from the United States.

"So I'm definitely within the mainstream of opinion that I'm not proposing we send soldiers to the Ukraine," Paul said.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2014/03/07/3126568/rand-paul-to-gop-rivals-sell-your.html#storylink=cpy
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rapunzel

As The New York Times reported Friday Florida Republican Sen. Marco Rubio and other potential candidates have used the CPAC conference not only to stake out hawkish positions on Russia but to portray Paul as outside the mainstream of the party, following his father, former U.S. Rep. Ron Paul, on a policy of nonintervention.

Paul has repeatedly called such comments a mischaracterization of his positions, saying there "is no more important priority for government" than protecting the United States and its interests abroad.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2014/03/07/3126568/rand-paul-to-gop-rivals-sell-your.html#storylink=cpy
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

Uh......... huh........ and who else?  Bet it was someone like Huckabee or Santorum??????
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776