Author Topic: Memorial to mark where Anders Breivik ‘left a scar on humanity’ by carving three-metre channel through island where he slaughtered 69 youths  (Read 210 times)

Offline flowers

A Swedish artist has won the bid to create the three memorials for the victims of the 2011 Utøya tragedy in Norway.

The July 22 terror attacks killed eight in a bombing at the government headquarters in Oslo and 69 people, mostly teenagers, were murdered by Anders Breivik in a shooting spree at a youth camp organised by Norway’s social-democratic Arbeiderpartiet.

Artist Jonas Dahlberg's Memory Wound will be a 3.5metre (11ft 6in) channel cut in the mainland facing Utøya, creating a 'physical wound' in the landscape.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 04:37:32 PM by flowers »

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • SMOD 2016
I won't vote for Clinton, but I cannot vote for Trump.  How could I explain to my daughter why I supported a man who sees her as nothing more than a piece of meat, a piece of a$$ for him to grope for his own private pleasure.

"Trump supporter" - the very definition of an SFI

Offline happyg

The comments were interesting. Some were for the artist's interpretation, while others hated it. The guy killed 77 people and only got 21 years. What's with that?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo