Author Topic: Go into hospital for hernia susrgery; get grabbed by the state  (Read 490 times)

rangerrebew

Go Into Hospital For Hernia Surgery; Get Grabbed By The State

Posted 9 hours ago by Mark Horne filed under Government Control, Healthcare, Tyranny

Charlie Fink is an 85-year-old man in North Texas who had to have surgery for a hernia. That was two weeks ago. He hasn’t been home since. He thought he might never get home—a story that seems familiar.

From Fox 4 Dallas-Fort Worth:

An elderly North Texas man may be able to go home soon after a hearing took place on Thursday to decide whether or not he should remain in the custody of the state.

For more than a week, FOX 4 has been covering the case of 85-year-old Charlie Fink.

Fink is the man who made a call to FOX 4 asking for help after he went to a local hospital for hernia surgery, then was placed in the psych ward and told the state was taking custody of him.

Fink has been in state care since last week. He went to Richardson Methodist almost two weeks ago to have hernia surgery.

A doctor there (an internist -- not a psychiatrist or psychologist) contacted Adult Protective Services because Fink wanted to go home and not to rehab.

Fink was then placed in the psychiatric unit of the hospital. 

Adult Protective Services got a temporary protection order and put Fink in an Arlington nursing home with his wife, who was removed from the home Feb. 5 over concerns regarding Fink's ability to care for her.

The state wants to keep custody of Fink and seek guardianship.

And they did so without even bothering to get a psychiatric evaluation. They testified that Fink had made dire threats. But the threats were outbursts from Fink when he learned that his wife was being abducted from their home and that they were never to return.

The good news here is that a judge was fair and impartial and that Fink had loving neighbors.

State testimony did not produce any doctor that said Fink lacked the mental capacity to take care of himself, and the state has not done a psychological evaluation of fink since he had been in its custody.

That bothered attorney Geoff Henley, who was observing the hearing

"I was astounded that you could be placed in custody against your will with only the word of a single internist," he said. "One physician. The statute is very clear about this -- you got to have a physician and another physician and at least one of them has to be a psychiatrist."

Fink's neighbor, Kenny McIntosh, was at the hearing Thursday. He testified he and his family have already started cleaning Fink's home, and that he would look after Fink if he returned home.

After a nearly five-hour hearing, the judge ruled that if Fink passes a psychological evaluation Friday, he can return to his home.

Fink's attorney said the ruling was fair.

It is great living in a political environment where the rule of law is respected. But the only way to keep totalitarianism at bay is by not relying on politics alone. Without neighborliness, society degenerates into tyranny.

Read more at http://politicaloutcast.com/2014/03/go-hospital-hernia-surgery-get-grabbed-state/#K6kcXYOcqsmCQ5mM.99

Offline mountaineer

Re: Go into hospital for hernia susrgery; get grabbed by the state
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 03:59:14 pm »
A doctor there (an internist -- not a psychiatrist or psychologist) contacted Adult Protective Services because Fink wanted to go home and not to rehab.

Fink was then placed in the psychiatric unit of the hospital. 
This brings to mind what happened when my mother had hip replacement surgery. After her release from the hospital she, of course, needed physical therapy. Because she lives alone, I told the hospital social worker that she'd be staying with Mr. M and me and we'd get her to whatever therapy sessions she needed. Next thing I know, a few days later, the social worker insisted that I told her my mother wasn't coming home with us and therefore the social worker was making arrangements to put her in a nursing home. I practically screamed at her, "That's not what I said! I said she'd be staying with us!"

I guess they hear whatever they choose to hear.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline happyg

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 04:32:49 pm »

They think they know more about a patient than someone who knew him most of his life. I prefer a nursing home to a hospital for an elderly sick person in many cases. I have seen many elderly patients leave nursing homes after TLC and therapy.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 04:57:53 pm »
Oh, this is reassuring with upcoming procedures.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

rangerrebew

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 05:58:42 pm »
If he had said he was an illegal alien they wouldn't have turned him in.  Another advantage under the Obama administration. :whistle:

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 08:50:40 pm »
This brings to mind what happened when my mother had hip replacement surgery. After her release from the hospital she, of course, needed physical therapy. Because she lives alone, I told the hospital social worker that she'd be staying with Mr. M and me and we'd get her to whatever therapy sessions she needed. Next thing I know, a few days later, the social worker insisted that I told her my mother wasn't coming home with us and therefore the social worker was making arrangements to put her in a nursing home. I practically screamed at her, "That's not what I said! I said she'd be staying with us!"

This is what CPS in Texas did to my niece after she had her baby and a OBGYN decided because she suffered from extreme morning sickeness the entire pregnancy (runs in our family like Duchess Kate) she had mental problems and was not safe to care for her newborn baby after she refused to eat a roast beef sandwich immediately after giving birth (she is a vegetarian)..... he called in CPS and it took a year for her to be allowed to be alone with CJ............ either her husband or mother-in-law had to be present at all times or the state of Texas was goign to take the baby.   CPS bullied them like the family in MA and said if they went to the media the baby would be removed from the home permanently... finally her husband, who is a business owner in town, went to their local senator who he knew personally and the senator got involved and then and only then did CPS back off...   they never had a second child because this experience was so traumatic for the family.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776