Author Topic: Democrats Turn to Social Security for Political Momentum: Battered over Obamacare, the party wants to refocus the argument over entitlements.  (Read 357 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Do NOT go in there.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Do NOT go in there.

Offline sinkspur

This is going to be viewed as the desperate strategy it is.  How pathetic.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Ah the old standby scare tactic....*mean old Repub's want to take away your SS*...works every time.

Support the USO

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Ah the old standby scare tactic....*mean old Repub's want to take away your SS*...works every time.

It won't work this time for several reasons.

1-Paul Ryan pushing granny off a cliff is so old and tired and no longer works.

2- SS was already cut back on current monthly incomes to pay for medicare as the prices went through the roof because of Obamacare and will continue to climb. And seniors are well aware of this. So no tomfoolery lies wil work this time.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 12:39:26 PM by Gazoo »
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Not so sure...I only have anecdotal evidence...visit a nursing home or assisted living facility and you will hear a much different story...

Support the USO

Offline katzenjammer

Not so sure...I only have anecdotal evidence...visit a nursing home or assisted living facility and you will hear a much different story...

Oh yes.  Mine is anecdotal as well, but many people that should know better, cringe at the mention... 

They seem to think like this: "Well, even if there is a chance that the GOP will take away our benefits, we better stop them."  and "At least the Dems are saying they will protect us, we can hold them to it!"

I believe that it is all borne of fear, a very powerful motivator.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf