Author Topic: Rachel Canning on Facebook: teen sues parents, begs for likes  (Read 416 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://buzzpo.com/rachel-canning-on-facebook/

Rachel Canning on Facebook: teen sues parents, begs for likes
By TH on March 6, 2014 in Just for Fun, Welfare
Sociopath or merely spoiled?

Rachel Canning on FacebookRachel Canning is the girl you have heard about on radio, seen on television and about whom you shake your head in disgust. Now, she has a Facebook page and wants you to endorse her cause of forcing her parents to pay for her education. According to her Father, Rachel refused to live by the house rules when she was there. According to the Daily Mail, she wrote the following to her Mother in a note, copied here, courtesy of The Gothamist.

“Hi mom just to let you know you’re a real f**king winner aren’t you you think you’re so cool and you think you caught me throwing up in the bathroom after eating an egg frittatta, yeah sorry that you have problems now and you need to harp on mine because i didn’t and i actually took a s*** which i really just wanna s*** all over your face right now because it looks like that anyway, anyway i f***ing hate you and um I’ve written you off so don’t talk to me, don’t do anything I’m blocking you from just about everything, have a nice life, bye mom”

Nice little thing, isn’t she? And you thought we were kidding about asking if she is a sociopath.
So, do people like Rachel on Facebook? The Wall Posts say …

Judging by the comments on her wall, public sentiment is running roughly 88,018  to 1 against Rache
l. Here are few messages people have kindly dropped off for her on her site which she calls—and this is ironically funny, given what you are about the read—”Education for Rachel.” Roll the educational comments and make sure to read all the way down for the medal winners!

This one seems sincerely well meant and, no doubt, will prove prescient: “I urge you stop this right now. Hire your attorneys and just live life. You are an insult to all those who worked hard to pay for their own education. You are an insult to all those children who were abused, yet decided to move forward and never sued their parents. You will live to regret this.”

“Get a job!!!!!!!” A popular refrain, since most people pay their way thr0ugh college by—not to frighten you—working.

This sisterly advice came from another young woman who doesn’t seem much older than Rachel. We edited one word. Can you guess what it said? “Education for Rachel? it’s called getting a job and earning it. Stop being a self entitled little b**ch. You’re 18. By law, YOU are responsible for YOURSELF. You’re an a”adult”. Clearly an immature one.”

This one struck us as one of the most motherly and well said. “Let’s assume your parents are the worst. Abusive, drunk, bums, negligent. You are 18 and you left your house. OK, let’s assume they kicked you out. At 18, you should be able to go to a free high school, or a state college, and get a student loan to pay for it. You clearly HATE your parents, and there is no doubt about it. So, forget them, and have a life like most other people do. Your lawsuit is BS, but you are only 18, so you probably can’t see it. But your lawyer should be disbarred!! And BTW, you don’t need a page to get money. Do the right thing and people will try to help you. As far as I am concern, I can use that money in a lot of other ‘charities’.”

Rachel was not without her supporter—singular, as near as we could tell—who offered up the interesting observation that parents who pay for your room, board, food, clothes, insurance, healthcare, medicine, sports, school, cheer-leading uniform and much more, should not have any concern about who you, as a seventeen to eighteen year old, date.  In a remarkable twist of logic, this poster opined that life is gray, not black and white … except for the next point she made, which was a binary declarative. “im amazed how judgmental and nasty some of these posts are over something we do not know all the details of…life is gray not black and white. Who you date should not be a condition of living somewhere….”
Now, for the medal winning comments to Rachel Canning on Facebook:

The Bronze Medal goes to this winning piece of career advice (and attempt to save the world): “We would all be better off if you didn’t have an education, especially in bio-engineering. It’s like handing a gun to a murderer. But, if you must, it’s called Public School and Community College. When you meet the financial aid officer to apply for your student loans, tell ‘em we said hello.”

The Silver Media is awarded to this comment to Rachel Canning on Facebook, from a boy who appears to be about eleven years old: “Rachel, you attend a Catholic school. Grab your Bible and turn to 1 Corinthians 13:11. ‘When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things.’ It is time to put away childish things and be the woman God wants you to be.”
And, the Gold Medal in education for Rachel Canning on Facebook goes to this post, which we copy here in its entirely.

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Oceander

Re: Rachel Canning on Facebook: teen sues parents, begs for likes
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 03:39:15 am »
This child really doesn't deserve or, quite frankly, need this sort of attention.  At some point it will turn very ugly, I am afraid, and she may end up being assaulted, or stalked online.