Author Topic: Candy Crowley wins award for ‘excellence in journalism’  (Read 494 times)

Offline happyg

Candy Crowley wins award for ‘excellence in journalism’
« on: March 07, 2014, 02:44:39 am »
Katie McHugh

CNN host Candy Crowley received the Goldsmith Career Award for Excellence in Journalism award on Thursday.

Crowley, host of CNN’s “State of the Union with Candy Crowley,” gave a boilerplate acceptance speech about social media elbowing in on traditional media coverage.

“I think [the internet] is an amazing tool that we now have in front of us that opens up so much information and so many forums for people to talk and speak and discuss. But I think as far as journalism is concerned, I worry that so far the internet has mastered us, rather than us mastering the internet,” she said, The Crimson reports.

“I worry that the speed of social media is pressuring daily news into putting something out before it actually passes what used to be really stringent rules,” added Crowley, who famously heeded President Barack Obama’s command to “get the transcript” during a 2012 presidential debate in a spontaneous demonstration of mainstream media obeisance. (RELATED: Romney breaks silence on Candy Crowley’s debate interference)

Crowley is the 23rd recipient of the award, which is annually handed out by the Shorenstein Center on the Media, Politics, and Public Policy.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/03/06/candy-crowley-wins-award-for-excellence-in-journalism/#ixzz2vF0hkVa8

Offline Carling

Re: Candy Crowley wins award for ‘excellence in journalism’
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 02:45:55 am »
Perhaps the most biased moment in any presidential debate in our history.  Crowley should have been disgraced for clearly strategizing with the Obama team on this loaded question.  If I ever see her in person, I won't spit in her face, but I will say what she did during that debate was the most disgusting and partisan moment I've seen in a presidential debate. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmzGuswNDhE
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 02:47:48 am by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline happyg

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 02:49:14 am »
Nearly everyone who posts here are better journalists than Candy. The criteria to be a journalist is to be a liberal.

Offline Carling

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 03:00:34 am »
Nearly everyone who posts here are better journalists than Candy. The criteria to be a journalist is to be a liberal.

I hate the major media.  I dislike Obama.  The difference is that Obama is what he is, and really doesn't hide it.  His media hides his liberalism, incompetence, and idiocy.  There are news' sources that illustrate what a disaster this guy Barry is, but it doesn't crack the LIV media, so we get stupid hacks like Crowley winning prestigious awards, which add to their credibility in the simple minds of LIVs. 
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline WAYNE

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 11:13:52 am »
That's like rewarding your dog for not crapping in the house.

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 04:46:58 pm »

CNN host Candy Crowley received the Goldsmith Career Award for Excellence in Journalism award on Thursday

and she promptly ate it

Offline Relic

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2014, 04:48:45 pm »
Yeah, she played nurse maid to the overwhelmed, under prepared, stoned man child Obama.

I hope karmic justice finds this nasty pig that is Candy Crowley.