Author Topic: Airline Passenger Leaves Nasty Note for Pilot  (Read 527 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Airline Passenger Leaves Nasty Note for Pilot
« on: March 07, 2014, 01:46:13 am »
http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/airline-passenger-leaves-nasty-note-pilot/story?id=22784067

Airline Passenger Leaves Nasty Note for Pilot
March 5, 2014
By GENEVIEVE SHAW BROWN

via GOOD MORNING AMERICA

Carey Smith Steacy posted this photo to her Facebook of a note she reportedly found after a flight. Carey Smith Steacy/Facebook

Sexist. Passive-aggressive. Rude. These are just a few ways a note left by a passenger for a commercial airline pilot could be described.

"To Capt. / WestJet," the note, written on the back of a napkin reads, "The cockpit of airlier [sic] is no place for a woman. A woman being a mother is the most honor not as "captain" Proverbs 31 (Sorry not P.C.) P.S. I wish WestJet could tell me a fair lady is at the helm so I can book another flight! Were [sic] short mothers not pilots Westjet.

Carey Smith Steacy, the pilot for whom the note was left, posted the note on Facebook. It since appears to have been taken down.

Travelers are using social media to support Steacy.

One passenger tweeted the airline "Dear @WestJet, I'm flying to Vegas May 24th. I'd like Carey Smith Steacy as my pilot. A) She's a great pilot. B) She's an ass-kicker." Another wrote "@WestJet if this is true it's the best thing I've ever seen. Carey Smith Steacy, you are fantastic!"

WestJet is a Canadian airline based in Calgary.

Attempts by ABC News to reach Steacy were not successful.

In a statement to ABC News, WestJet said, "We are enormously proud of the professionalism, skills and expertise of our pilots and we were disappointed to see this note."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

Re: Airline Passenger Leaves Nasty Note for Pilot
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 02:15:26 am »
at least the antediluvian a-hole used environmentally friendly paper!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 01:43:18 pm »
at least the antediluvian a-hole used environmentally friendly paper!
And no harmful chemicals in the ink!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Relic

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 02:10:55 pm »
I note the hysteria more than the act. There's an a-hole in the world... that's news? Not really. But when someone, even a verifiable a-hole crosses a PC boundary, well, then it's national news.

We, as a society, are so stupid.

Offline SouthTexas

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 03:22:50 pm »
They used to throw things like this in the trash, now it plastered all over social media.

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 05:44:09 pm »
I note the hysteria more than the act. There's an a-hole in the world... that's news? Not really. But when someone, even a verifiable a-hole crosses a PC boundary, well, then it's national news.

We, as a society, are so stupid.

I wonder if this Neanderthal was miffed that they still called the cockpit the cockpit even though there was a female pilot at the helm? 

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2014, 07:18:28 pm »
They used to throw things like this in the trash, now it plastered all over social media.
Good point. When stupid people say stupid things, no one should care. Instead, we post the comments online and try to make political hay of them.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline SouthTexas

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2014, 09:31:12 pm »
Good point. When stupid people say stupid things, no one should care. Instead, we post the comments online and try to make political hay of them.

The dumbing down of America.