Author Topic: CPAC 2014  (Read 5728 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Re: CPAC 2014
« Reply #75 on: March 08, 2014, 11:06:39 pm »
http://www.mediaite.com/online/rand-paul-wins-the-annual-cpac-straw-poll/

Rand Paul Wins the Annual CPAC Straw Poll
by Josh Feldman | 5:59 pm, March 8th, 2014

Rand Paul has won the annual CPAC straw poll, with 31 percent of the vote, followed by Ted Cruz and Dr. Ben Carson.

Paul gave a strong, libertarian-minded speech at CPAC this year talking about standing up for people’s individual rights and railing against President Obama on issues like NSA surveillance and executive power.

Paul topped the straw poll results last year. Mitt Romney took the top spot in 2012, while the elder Paul took the victory the two previous years in a row, which means that the Paul family has topped the CPAC straw poll four out of the past five years of the event.

[photo via CPAC]
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #76 on: March 08, 2014, 11:07:50 pm »
Sarah Palin getting ready to give the closing speech of the conference.

BTW this year 98% voted Obama is doing a terrible job and over 50% voted all of congress is doing a lousy job.. worst result ever for O and C.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #77 on: March 08, 2014, 11:09:22 pm »
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/coulter-mocks-obama-magic-slams-gop-cowardice-on-immigration-at-cpac/

Ann Coulter Mocks ‘Obama Magic,’ Slams GOP Cowardice on Immigration at CPAC
by Josh Feldman | 3:54 pm, March 8th, 2014 video 70

Ann Coulter appeared at CPAC today for a panel discussion, and she spent most of her time emphasizing how important the immigration issue is to the GOP and how caving on amnesty for illegal immigrants would basically be game over for the conservative cause, calling out Republican “cowardice” on the issue. She said, “I just don’t think Republicans have an obligation to forgive lawbreaking just because the Democrats need another 30 million voters.”

Moderator Jonathan Garthwaite asked, “What’s the over-under of number of years before it’s illegal to criticize a Democratic president?” Coulter predicted that the liberal fawning will calm down “once the Obama magic is gone,” and then liberals will stop being so defensive of the Democratic line all the time and “we’ll have free speech against Democrats again.”

But she kept hammering on amnesty as the big issue everyone should worry about, saying any Republicans who support it are basically telling people, “Screw the country! We want our low-wage workers!” She said she liked Mitt Romney in 2012 because he laid down the line on immigration. She compared Republican leniency on amnesty to Invasion of the Body Snatchers, remarking, “You think, oh, he’s so good on taxes, so good on national defense, wants to give the Democrats 30 million new voters.”

She did, however, acknowledge Obamacare as another important issue for the GOP to focus on, because voting for Republicans, she said, is the “only way to repeal Obamacare.”

You can watch the full panel below, via C-SPAN:

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2014, 11:11:26 pm »
Crowd waiting for Palin (she is speaking now)

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #79 on: March 08, 2014, 11:15:39 pm »
Sarah is giving a great speech....... aimed right at the young people in the audience.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #80 on: March 08, 2014, 11:19:44 pm »
 :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:   She brought up the Ted Cruz Green Eggs and Ham and said this is how I read to Trig:  "I do not this Uncle Sam...".........  this is great!!!!

Offline happyg

« Reply #81 on: March 08, 2014, 11:21:52 pm »
:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:   She brought up the Ted Cruz Green Eggs and Ham and said this is how I read to Trig:  "I do not this Uncle Sam...".........  this is great!!!!

I love her speech! She certainly has the attention of the audience!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #82 on: March 08, 2014, 11:27:23 pm »
I love her speech! She certainly has the attention of the audience!

People love to mock her speaking style, but it works........ they are eating out of her hand...

Offline happyg

« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2014, 11:30:50 pm »
People love to mock her speaking style, but it works........ they are eating out of her hand...

I love, "I shouldn't be so hard on the president, but who could see this coming?" in reference to Russia and her past quote! The audience roared.

Offline happyg

« Reply #84 on: March 08, 2014, 11:43:46 pm »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #85 on: March 09, 2014, 12:03:14 am »

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #86 on: March 09, 2014, 12:56:03 am »
For those that missed this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO6C5UwwJTA
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #87 on: March 09, 2014, 01:09:46 am »
I got in to see the last half and she was great! She is the best cheerleader we have. She can energize the base that is for sure. ( Well aside from a few people here) :tongue2: :silly: :silly:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #88 on: March 09, 2014, 01:17:16 am »

« Reply #89 on: March 09, 2014, 01:19:30 am »
The OFFICIAL CPAC Straw Poll Results were just announced......... BTW 20% of the voters this year were in the 50 - 60+ age range - this is a first

1) Rand Paul
2) Ted Cruz
3) Ben Carson

6) Marco Rubio at 6% (vs 23% last year)

True hope springs eternal!!!    :patriot:

« Reply #90 on: March 09, 2014, 01:20:32 am »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #91 on: March 09, 2014, 01:24:17 am »
Gazoo, you are the best! Thanks for posting Palin speech. (Some of us don't have TVs)

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #92 on: March 09, 2014, 01:26:13 am »
Although I like Rand Paul personally, why don't we all just admit that CPAC is nothing more than a vehicle for promoting the Paul family?   

What's his slogan?  "I'm not as nutty as my old man"?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #93 on: March 09, 2014, 01:40:06 am »
CPAC is bridging the gap between conservatives and libertarians and Republicans, and between dinosaur establishment Republicans and Young Republicans. So I can't quite agree with you that it's all about promoting the Paul family.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #94 on: March 09, 2014, 01:41:37 am »
CPAC is bridging the gap between conservatives and libertarians and Republicans, and between dinosaur establishment Republicans and Young Republicans. So I can't quite agree with you that it's all about promoting the Paul family.

They gave the breakdown of the voters this year and they were pretty well spread across all age groups in all 50 states.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #95 on: March 09, 2014, 01:47:28 am »
Although I like Rand Paul personally, why don't we all just admit that CPAC is nothing more than a vehicle for promoting the Paul family?   

What's his slogan?  "I'm not as nutty as my old man"?

Don't lie. You don't like Rand Paul personally. If you did you would not have gotten in that pure hateful dig.
And you call the tea party nuts, while you think CPAC is the Paul family?

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #96 on: March 09, 2014, 01:49:21 am »

:silly: that right there is funny!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #97 on: March 09, 2014, 01:49:53 am »

CPAC bridges nothing. CPAC is a self-selected group of far-right zealots who save their biggest applause for any mention of weed.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #98 on: March 09, 2014, 01:52:30 am »
CPAC bridges nothing. CPAC is a self-selected group of far-right zealots who save their biggest applause for any mention of weed.

Wow, you don't know much about CPAC... far right?  Hardly... they are mostly libertarian-leaning and all that implies.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #99 on: March 09, 2014, 01:53:43 am »
Don't lie. You don't like Rand Paul personally. If you did you would not have gotten in that pure hateful dig.
And you call the tea party nuts, while you think CPAC is the Paul family?

Oh, I do like Rand.  He's a saner, more tactful inclusive version of Ted Cruz.

I like him and would vote for him, but haven't we had enough of first term politicians thinking the country just can't live without them in the White House?