Author Topic: CPAC 2014  (Read 5709 times)

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Re: CPAC 2014
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2014, 03:57:55 am »
All flash, no bang: Mitch McConnell brings RIFLE on stage at conservative conference, but can't fire up thousands of political activists | Mail Online
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2575197/All-flash-no-bang-Mitch-McConnell-brings-RIFLE-stage-conservative-conference-fire-thousands-political-activists.html
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Oceander

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2014, 04:01:17 am »
The GOP is in a lot of trouble for the elections this Fall.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2014, 02:56:40 pm »
http://www.politico.com/story/2014/03/rick-perry-brings-cpac-crowd-to-its-feet-104409.html?hp=r1

Rick Perry brings CPAC crowd to its feet
By: Katie Glueck
March 7, 2014 09:37 AM EST

NATIONAL HARBOR, Md. — Texas Gov. Rick Perry delivered one of the best-received speeches so far at the Conservative Political Action Conference, bringing the audience to its feet and eliciting loud cheers Friday morning as he outlined a small-government vision and praised the accomplishments of fellow Republican governors.

Perry, whose 2012 presidential campaign crumbled amid a series of missteps —including the infamous “oops” moment, in which he forgot one of the three federal agencies he wanted to abolish — is weighing another go-round in 2016, and his allies insist that this time the campaign would go differently. At CPAC, he offered a preview of what his message might look like.

“There is a price to be paid for policies that destroy the economy and embolden foreign enemies,” he said. “I am here today to say, we don’t have to accept recent history. We just need to change the presidency. It’s not too late for America to lead in the world, but it starts by leading at home.”

Perry, who has long argued that the best solutions are found in the states, took swings at liberal New York and California, and nodded to several of his fellow GOP governors: Nikki Haley of South Carolina; Rick Scott of Florida; Bobby Jindal of Louisiana; and Scott Walker of Wisconsin. Conspicuously absent from his list was New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, who spoke to CPAC the day before and had long been considered a leading presidential contender before a traffic scandal rocked his administration earlier this year.

“It is time for Washington to focus on the few things the Constitution establishes as the federal government’s role,” said Perry, who is not seeking reelection this year but has been the longest-serving governor in Texas history.

As the audience cheered and stood up, he continued: “Defend our country, provide a cogent foreign policy, and what the heck, deliver the mail, preferably on time and on Saturdays.”

To thunderous applause, an energized Perry boomed: “Get out of the health care businesses, get out of the education business … Create prosperity again. My fellow conservatives, the future of this nation is upon you, it belongs to you! You have the power to change America.

…You are the path to the future, a light on a distant shore. And you represent the renewed [hope] that America can be great again!”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2014, 03:00:43 pm »
“I’ll remind you of just one simple truth in this democracy: we don’t get to govern if we don’t win, so please, let us come out resolved not only to stand for our principles, but lets come out of this conference resolved to win elections again.” - Chris Christie

http://dailycaller.com/2014/03/06/christie-cautions-cpac-we-dont-get-to-govern-if-we-dont-win/#ixzz2vHzlVjmg
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2014, 03:01:22 pm »

:bigsilly: :bigsilly: :bigsilly: :bigsilly: :bigsilly:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2014, 03:06:55 pm »
:bigsilly: :bigsilly: :bigsilly: :bigsilly: :bigsilly:

Bigun, I was assuming Oceander meant they are in trouble because McConnell tried the gun stunt and failed?  :shrug:
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 04:22:29 pm by Gazoo »

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2014, 03:13:27 pm »
I can't find Rand Pauls actual 2014 CPAC speech.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P6k8pnWncY

Offline Relic

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2014, 03:14:36 pm »

We agree on that.

In spite of the optimism by people like Rush Limbaugh, and the concern displayed by Democrats, I see the Republicans doing what they do best, screwing it up.

Republicans can't agree amongst themselves. Just look here for an example. When a voter casts a ballot for a Democrat, he or she can be pretty confident the vote is going for a big government leftist who will support the DNC agenda.

If a voter votes Republican, what does that voter get? Hmmmm... hard to say.

Offline Relic

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2014, 03:16:17 pm »
“I’ll remind you of just one simple truth in this democracy: we don’t get to govern if we don’t win, so please, let us come out resolved not only to stand for our principles, but lets come out of this conference resolved to win elections again.” - Chris Christie

That's the problem. If they win, they do get to govern, but just exactly how will they govern?

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2014, 03:34:50 pm »
That's the problem. If they win, they do get to govern, but just exactly how will they govern?

At this critical stage of the progressive communist caucus getting so much power in this country, call me names, call me lukewarm but even Christie would do better than Obama. The ship is sinking I surely hope the person to grab the helm can turn it around right. How far right (away from marxism) is the question. The progressive left has advanced so far, I will take anything to advance it back so it is not too late. Anybody but a democrat is all I can hope for at this point.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2014, 03:36:23 pm »

It's an undeniable fact.

We can't govern if we don't win elections.

I say that we should win elections and brawl about how to govern while we are in power, rather than splitting ourselves up over how we will govern if we win the elections to the point that we don't win elections because we are all pissed off at one another.

I'll take 30 Ted Cruzes and Rand Pauls battling 30 John McCains and Lindsey Grahams about how to govern over watching 45 Republicans bitch about how 55 Democrats are governing 10 times out of 10.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2014, 03:38:06 pm »
It's an undeniable fact.

I say that we should win elections and brawl about how to govern while we are in power, rather than splitting ourselves up over how we will govern if we win the elections to the point that we don't win elections because we are all pissed off at one another.

I'll take 30 Ted Cruzes and Rand Pauls battling 30 John McCains and Lindsey Grahams about how to govern over watching 45 Republicans bitch about how 55 Democrats are governing 10 times out of 10.

P.S. And I'll vote for a $#&^%# tuna sandwich in the GOP ticket over a Democrat 10 times out of 10.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 03:38:27 pm by Luis Gonzalez »

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2014, 03:46:39 pm »
P.S. And I'll vote for a $#&^%# tuna sandwich in the GOP ticket over a Democrat 10 times out of 10.

I vote for that $#&^%# tuna sandwich as well, but now I know what to expect from the $#&^%# tuna sandwich!!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2014, 03:52:28 pm »
It's an undeniable fact.

But then you get those 30 McCains/Grahams teaming up with those 40 Democrats to get a 70-30 supermajority.

At least that's what happened for years here in New York. Whenever faced with any resistance, the Republicans always caved. In the end, it's pretty much the same as if the Democrats held the majority.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2014, 04:04:12 pm »
But then you get those 30 McCains/Grahams teaming up with those 40 Democrats to get a 70-30 supermajority.

At least that's what happened for years here in New York. Whenever faced with any resistance, the Republicans always caved. In the end, it's pretty much the same as if the Democrats held the majority.

I don't think so Jimmy.

Not all 30 are that stupid.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2014, 04:07:46 pm »
http://foxnewsinsider.com/2014/03/07/huge-cpac-ovation-chris-christie-ann-coulter-reacts-hannity

Ann Coulter Not Buying Into Christie's Comeback With Conservatives

BY
FOX NEWS INSIDER
 // MAR 07 2014 // 8:21AM AS SEEN ON
HANNITY

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie got a surprisingly positive response from the conservative base as he delivered a speech to CPAC on Thursday. Ann Coulter weighed in on Hannity, assessing whether this marks the beginning of a political comeback for Christie in terms of support from conservatives.

Coulter believes the loud ovation for Christie was more about a "screw you to the media" by conservatives, rather than new "love" for Christie. She highlighted the continuous coverage on MSNBC of the "Bridgegate" scandal.

"If you turn on MSNBC at any moment, their coverage is: 'and what if he committed a murder?!'" she joked.

Beyond that, there's one issue that Coulter believes "separates the mice from the men" in the Republican Party and Coulter will be speaking on it at CPAC on Saturday.

"The only thing that matters is amnesty," she said, noting that you won't be hearing from any other "anti-amnesty" speakers at CPAC.

"It's the only issue for anyone that cares about America," said Coulter.

video at link
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2014, 04:19:24 pm »
CPAC Immigration Debate Stacked 3-to-1 with Pro-Amnesty Panelists

Rep. Lamar Smith (R-TX), a former chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, has apparently had enough of what he sees as the pro-amnesty mentality at the Conservative Political Action Conference.

In response to a panel which includes four proponents of comprehensive immigration reform and one critic, Smith ripped the American Conservative Union, which hosts CPAC, in a press release.

“You have to wonder when a self-described conservative organization stacks an immigration panel with amnesty advocates,” Smith accused. “For the second year in a row, CPAC has featured a panel where all but one speaker supports the agenda of liberal Democrats and the liberal national media. ‘Truth-in-advertising’ would require CPAC to drop the word ‘conservative.’”

There is only one panel discussing immigration at CPAC this year, scheduled for Thursday at 3:30 PM and titled “Can There Be Meaningful Immigration Reform Without Citizenship?”

The moderator, Mercy Viana Schlapp, is a principal at Cove Strategies. Helen Krieble, the president of the Vernon K. Krieble Foundation, will join Esperanza’s Rev. Luis Cortes, Jr. and the executive director of the Latino Partnership for Conservative Principles, Alfonso Aguilar, to debate the Heritage Foundation’s Derrick Morgan.

All of the panelists except for Morgan support various forms of comprehensive immigration reform, including granting legal status to illegal aliens in one form or another. They have publicly expressed those positions, as has the debate’s moderator, Schlapp.

That imbalance peeved Smith enough to issue a press release condemning CPAC.

(more at link above)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 04:20:14 pm by katzenjammer »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2014, 06:46:20 pm »
Rick Perry to CPAC: 'A Little Rebellion is a Good Thing'

by Kristin Tate 7 Mar 2014, 6:58 AM PDT

NATIONAL HARBOR, MARYLAND--"A little rebellion is a good thing," an energetic Rick Perry told a crowd at CPAC this morning. The Texas Governor immediately stressed that our economy is weakened and the road to prosperity lies within conservatism. "It's time for a little rebellion on the battlefront of ideas," he said.

Perry said free-loving Americans should look to the states, where we find the "laboratories of innovation."

He pointed out that in blue states, the government plays an increasingly large load in peoples' daily lives. But then, he said, there is the "red state America," where the freedom of the individual comes first and government is limited. In these states, opportunity and jobs are on the rise, Perry said.

The freedom of power lies within the power of the states -- Perry used several examples to argue that red states produce prosperity more effectively than blue states.

He pointed out that Texas has presided over the nation's largest economic boom in a generation while liberal utopias like California and New York are economically hurting.

The future of our nation, Perry said, depends on our states and returning to the founding principles of democracy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFvwVi93wRs
Support the USO

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2014, 07:43:20 pm »
CPAC 2014 LIVE

FRIDAY

9:00 a.m. Texas Gov. Rick Perry
9:16 a.m. Texas Sen. John Cornyn
10:23 a.m. Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee
11:15 a.m. Ralph Reed, founder of the Faith and Freedom Coalition
2:26 p.m. Former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum
2:40 p.m. Al Cardenas, chairman of the American Conservative Union
2:51 p.m. Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul

SATURDAY

12:45 p.m. Newt Gingrich, former House Speaker
1:12 p.m. Jim DeMint, president of the Heritage Foundation
5:23 p.m. Straw poll
5:45 pm. Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin

Rand Paul on after Santorum in about 10 minutes after the guy speaking now.

WATCH LIVE

http://patdollard.com/2014/03/watch-live-cpac-2014/

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/03/06/watch-live-cpac-2014/
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 07:46:10 pm by Gazoo »

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2014, 07:54:55 pm »
Rand Paul on LIVE  :laugh:
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 07:55:35 pm by Gazoo »

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2014, 08:02:55 pm »
I am watching the next President of the United States. 20 year olds want this man to win and so do I.

Offline happyg

« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2014, 08:15:41 pm »
I notice a lot of young people in the audience, maybe even half of them.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2014, 08:21:02 pm »
Rand has quite a following with college aged kids. His speech was very good, with a very libertarian and conservative appeal.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2014, 09:12:18 pm »
I don't think so Jimmy.

Not all 30 are that stupid.

They have been playing us for saps for all too long. Most of the 30 you refer to don't give a crap about us all they care about is who is padding their pockets.  Take McCain as a prime example.. he was the swing vote that killed drilling in ANWR...... 
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2014, 09:13:59 pm »
CPAC Immigration Debate Stacked 3-to-1 with Pro-Amnesty Panelists

“You have to wonder when a self-described conservative organization stacks an immigration panel with amnesty advocates,” Smith accused. “For the second year in a row, CPAC has featured a panel where all but one speaker supports the agenda of liberal Democrats and the liberal national media. ‘Truth-in-advertising’ would require CPAC to drop the word ‘conservative.’”
(more at link above)

Amen to that..............   CPAC has jumped the GOPe shark.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776