Author Topic: CPAC 2014  (Read 5727 times)

Offline sinkspur

Re: CPAC 2014
« Reply #100 on: March 09, 2014, 01:55:31 am »
Wow, you don't know much about CPAC... far right?  Hardly... they are mostly libertarian-leaning and all that implies.

It implies "weed."  There are more doobs being rolled right now at CPAC celebrations  than in the entire state of Colorado.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #101 on: March 09, 2014, 01:59:22 am »
Oh, I do like Rand.  He's a saner, more tactful inclusive version of Ted Cruz.

I like him and would vote for him, but haven't we had enough of first term politicians thinking the country just can't live without them in the White House?

How about Mattis 2016? You'll bitch that he needs to be a politician for 28 years beforehand so there is no pleasing you.
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #102 on: March 09, 2014, 02:01:59 am »
It implies "weed."  There are more doobs being rolled right now at CPAC celebrations  than in the entire state of Colorado.

I'm not a youngster by any means, but I am pretty much agnostic on pot........   I have become much more libertarian in my old age - less government....
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #103 on: March 09, 2014, 02:04:02 am »

Why because college kids are there? Even if there was, (which I highly doubt) why do you care? It does not represent anything. There is a crap ton of Kentucky bourbon in the limos of your guys you adore. Or is it the Cocaine crack heads of the democratic party that wets your whistle? Who are you, a purist priest or something?

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #104 on: March 09, 2014, 02:13:58 am »
How about Mattis 2016? You'll bitch that he needs to be a politician for 28 years beforehand so there is no pleasing you.

No.  He needs to be someone somebody--anybody--has heard of.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #105 on: March 09, 2014, 02:17:47 am »
Why because college kids are there? Even if there was, (which I highly doubt) why do you care? It does not represent anything. There is a crap ton of Kentucky bourbon in the limos of your guys you adore. Or is it the Cocaine crack heads of the democratic party that wets your whistle? Who are you, a purist priest or something?

In that, they are exactly like CPAC.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #106 on: March 09, 2014, 02:27:19 am »
I'm not a youngster by any means, but I am pretty much agnostic on pot........   I have become much more libertarian in my old age - less government....

At think that most of us have, at least those not wed to a political party.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #107 on: March 09, 2014, 02:28:49 am »

Whatever happened to that quaint question, "name your poison?"

I don't see that it makes any difference to one's political philosophy whether they want to party with weed or with booze. Libertarians revere the Constitution. I should think a good, rock-ribbed, conservative Republican would agree with that position.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #108 on: March 09, 2014, 02:35:50 am »
No.  He needs to be someone somebody--anybody--has heard of.

He is well known in the Washington circles you seem to revere. He is well known by military and families and he will be well known in one second plastered all over the news if he runs. If he runs he will be well-known and respected after the debates.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #109 on: March 09, 2014, 02:37:46 am »
Whatever happened to that quaint question, "name your poison?"

I don't see that it makes any difference to one's political philosophy whether they want to party with weed or with booze. Libertarians revere the Constitution. I should think a good, rock-ribbed, conservative Republican would agree with that position.

My point exactly. Sinkspur is the one stuck on people being labeled at CPAC as potheads. It is nuts.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #110 on: March 09, 2014, 02:39:25 am »
He is well known in the Washington circles you seem to revere. He is well known by military and families and he will be well known in one second plastered all over the news if he runs. If he runs he will be well-known and respected after the debates.

Do you even know if Mattis is a conservative?  Maybe he, like Petraeus, thinks Hillary would be a "wonderful President."

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #111 on: March 09, 2014, 02:41:04 am »
My point exactly. Sinkspur is the one stuck on people being labeled at CPAC as potheads. It is nuts.

If it's not cool to be a "pothead," why should you care?

Let's all toke.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #112 on: March 09, 2014, 05:02:27 am »
Judge Janine - Amb Bolton on his CPAC speech

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RDdvdVmyjk&sns=tw
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776