Author Topic: Officials plan town hall to update New Mexico community of radiation release at nuclear dump  (Read 487 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 07:29:02 AM by rangerrebew »
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
They have been preparing to go find out what happened for weeks, and there still is no clue as to what happened.  This article is the first one I've seen that said plutonium was in the air...that is a very serious problem and leads me to wonder if they had some kind of criticality accident in high level waste....not a nuclear explosion, but a nuclear reaction that got hot enough to generate a steam explosion perhaps.  Hard to speculate without more facts, but the radioactive debris they are finding is very troubling...

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
They have been preparing to go find out what happened for weeks, and there still is no clue as to what happened.  This article is the first one I've seen that said plutonium was in the air...that is a very serious problem and leads me to wonder if they had some kind of criticality accident in high level waste....not a nuclear explosion, but a nuclear reaction that got hot enough to generate a steam explosion perhaps.  Hard to speculate without more facts, but the radioactive debris they are finding is very troubling...

I wonder why there has been virtually no mention of this in the media?
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

It's under federal control. You know Libs have the vapours whenever nukes are mentioned.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
It's under federal control. You know Libs have the vapours whenever nukes are mentioned.

Are you talking about the dump site, the media, or both? :silly:
George Washington

Benjamin Franklin

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
 :silly:

Obviously, the Media. A dump site has a certain dignity about it.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
:silly:

Obviously, the Media. A dump site has a certain dignity about it.
000hehehehe
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 09:19:53 AM by rangerrebew »
George Washington

Benjamin Franklin

Offline flowers

I would have thought the media would be all over this story. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf