Author Topic: Ted Cruz Grills Chuck Hagel: Why is the Pentagon Funding Algae Fuel, Wind Turbines, But Not More Combat Troops?  (Read 910 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/03/05/ted-cruz-grills-chuck-hagel-why-pentagon-funding-algae-fuel-wind-turbines-not-more-combat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYrUDyGlhOY

Texas Republican Senator Ted Cruz grilled Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel on his department's budget during a Senate Armed Services Committee hearing:

"The Department of Defense continues to spend billions of dollars unnecessarily on alternative energy research programs at DoD. The Navy recently spent $170 Million on algae fuel, that costs four times as much as regular fuel," Cruz said.

He continued by describing other similar projects in contrast to cuts in the funding for additional combat troops in the United States' armed services.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rapunzel

one more reason why I REALLY, REALLY like Ted Cruz!  For shame McCain and others who have not tried to stop this insanity.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
one more reason why I REALLY, REALLY like Ted Cruz!  For shame McCain and others who have not tried to stop this insanity.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

That is the proper place, and use, for Cruz' loose-cannon act.