Author Topic: Wendy Davis' Primary Disaster.  (Read 895 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Wendy Davis' Primary Disaster.
« on: March 05, 2014, 11:53:47 pm »
Davis' primary turn out doesn't bode well for Dem prospects to 'Turn Texas Blue'. LOL

Of non-Texas Democrats in places like New York City and San Francisco, Wendy Davis is perhaps among the dozen or so most popular figures in political life today. Her fundraising from liberals in liberal bastions bears that out. Ronan Farrow and the rest of the MSNBC crowd love her.

In Texas, though, not so much.

The Texas Democrats' primary performance Tuesday was an unmitigated disaster, and the performance of Wendy Davis was particularly abysmal.

The Austin American-Statesman set up a few benchmarks the day before the primary:

"So is all the hoopla around Wendy Davis and Battleground Texas just so much hype, or are Democratic prospects truly better than four years ago?

"A first test will be whether the party primary draws more than the 680,000 voters who participated four years ago, and if Davis exceeds White’s 517,487 votes in a seven-person field. One would assume that a healthy number of new voters registered by Battleground Texas’ 5,700 volunteer deputy registrars would want to take advantage of their first opportunity to exercise their franchise."

At last count, with 8,742 of 8,745 (99.97%) reporting, Wendy Davis had just 432,025 votes, or 79.05% of the primary vote in a two-person race. All told, 546,480 Democrats voted in the 2014 primary.

Failure, in other words.

If you're someone who has given millions of dollars to this effort, you're fuming and/or depressed today. Send in the auditors. Send in the adults. Double down. Or retreat entirely.

Compare the Democrats' figures to the Republican nominee Greg Abbott's numbers. Abbott received 1,219,831 votes, or 91.50% in a four-way primary race. 1,333,010 Republicans voted in the 2014 primary. Those figures may change ever-so-slightly, as 8,825 of 8,829 (99.95%) of precincts are now reporting.

But what is really astonishing is that Wendy Davis lost 26 mostly-South Texas counties and tied in two more

http://www.willisms.com/archives/2014/03/wendy_davis_pri.html

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Wendy Davis' Primary Disaster.
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 11:56:25 pm »
Love it.........
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline ABX

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 11:59:01 pm »
Something interesting. Most of the counties Davis lost was to a Pro-Life Democrat, Reynaldo “Ray” Madrigal who has not had any media attention and just had a word-of-mouth campaign in SW Texas.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 12:01:42 am »
Something interesting. Most of the counties Davis lost was to a Pro-Life Democrat, Reynaldo “Ray” Madrigal who has not had any media attention and just had a word-of-mouth campaign in SW Texas.

Hispanics are not so pro-choice as blacks so this doesn't surprise me.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline evadR

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 12:02:05 am »
So, this is a disaster because of.....???....
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline ABX

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 12:08:45 am »

Democrat voting numbers in the State are way down in spite of their 'super star'. 1.3 Million Republican primary voters versus 500K Democrat primary voters. They are way down in primary voters versus prior elections.

Offline ABX

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 12:09:29 am »
...and Republican primary voters are way up.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2014, 12:11:47 am »

Democrat turnout was abysmal.  Abbott had about 3 times the number of votes as the Democrats did.

Also, she does not poll nearly as well with Hispanics due to her abortion positions.  No matter what she does, she will always be Abortion Barbie.  Some will simply stay home rather than vote for her.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline evadR

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2014, 01:00:38 am »
E X C E L L E N T

That's what I thought but I wanted to hear it confirmed by the people that know.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2014, 01:25:30 am »
And today I got an e-mail from my location TV station, from the guy who runs the website since I am one of the top 20 most active members.

We are no longer allowed to post "disparaging" comments about Abortion Barbie.  So, because of that, he went and purged all of my previous comments calling her that.

However, the libs on there refer to Abbott as things like "2 Wheeler" and other insults regarding his disability, and those are still up and being posted.

I asked him why she is now protected and he was told that the order came "from management."
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Oceander

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2014, 02:26:13 am »
And today I got an e-mail from my location TV station, from the guy who runs the website since I am one of the top 20 most active members.

We are no longer allowed to post "disparaging" comments about Abortion Barbie.  So, because of that, he went and purged all of my previous comments calling her that.

However, the libs on there refer to Abbott as things like "2 Wheeler" and other insults regarding his disability, and those are still up and being posted.

I asked him why she is now protected and he was told that the order came "from management."

Send the correspondence in to the FCC along with a letter of complaint.  No doubt they'll do nothing because the station has a pro-liberal bias; nonetheless, it might be worth the effort.