Author Topic: Dem Rep. Explodes at Republican Chairman in Lois Lerner Hearing After He Has His Mic Cut  (Read 702 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/03/05/dem-rep-explodes-at-republican-chairman-in-lois-lerner-hearing-after-he-has-his-mic-cut/

Dem Rep. Explodes at Republican Chairman in Lois Lerner Hearing After He Has His Mic Cut
Mar. 5, 2014 10:13am Becket Adams   

Shouting to be heard after having his microphone cut, an incensed Rep. Elijah Cummings exploded at Rep. Darrell Issa during a committee hearing Wednesday, accusing the House Oversight Committee chair of running a “one-sided investigation” into the IRS’ targeting of conservative groups.

Cummings (D-Md.) is the committee’s ranking Democratic member and has repeatedly accused Issa (R-Calif.) of politicizing the investigation.

“You cannot run a committee like this. You just cannot do this,” Cummings declared. “We’re better than that as a country. We’re better than that as a committee.”

Ignoring the fact that Issa had gaveled the session out, Cummings continued with his remarks even after Issa ordered his microphone turned off.

Issa adjourned the hearing after Lois Lerner, the former IRS official at the center of the agency’s targeting scandal who invoked her Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination, went before the committee but again refused to answer questions regarding her role in applying additional scrutiny to conservative groups.

Lerner responded to each of Issa’s questions by invoking the Fifth Amendment.

The California congressman eventually explained that there was “no point going forward” with the session and gaveled out the hearing.

But Cummings protested, explaining that he had a “procedural question.”

“The meeting is adjourned,” Issa told Cummings.

“I don’t care. The fact is that I’m a asking a question. I am a ranking member of this committee and I want to ask a question,” Cummings said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDJ5hIxTWVY

Issa took his seat.

“What are we hiding? What’s the big deal?” Cummings asked.

“You’re all free to leave,” Issa said, “we’ve adjourned. But the gentleman may ask his question.”

Cummings thanked him for the opportunity to speak, eventually leading Issa to ask: “What is your question?”

“Let me say what I have to say. I’ve listened to you for the last 15 or 20 minutes! Let me say what I have to say!” Cummings said. He then announced he had some “brief points” he wanted to make, prompting Issa to say, “we’re adjourned. Close it down.”

A furious Cummings continued with his remarks, shouting to be heard.

“Mr. Cummings,” Issa said, “where is your question?”

“If you will sit down and allow me to ask a question! I am a member of a Congress of the United States of America! I am tired of this! We have members over here, each who represents 700,000 people! You cannot just have a one-sided investigation. It is absolutely something wrong with that and it is absolutely un-American!” Cummings shouted.

“We had a hearing. The meeting’s adjourned. I gave you an opportunity to ask a question. You have no question,” Issa said.

“Mr. Chairman, what are you hiding?” Cummings said as Issa exited the hall.

This post has been updated.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
I watched this live this morning, and Cummings was engaged in full-roar Kabuki Theater.  Lois wouldn't testify, so Elijah decided to testify for her.

He is an obstructionist on this whole issue and has been from the very beginning.  Cumming has been pulling stunts like this one during all of the hearings on this, so this is nothing new.

Did you see that Lois sat quietly with that smug look on her face and listened to every word Cummings said??

I'd love to see her in jail.  Gen Pop someplace remote...

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members

That has got to be the most shameful embarrassing thing I have seen. This is what we, America have become.

Lerner plead the fifth and Cummings screams her innocence and lies. He then had another breakdown in front of reporters afterwards outside the hearing room. I have seen democrats all leave other hearings involving Obama and only return when a liberal expert used the 'I" word regarding Obama.

It is no longer right v left, it is no one or nothing will stop them from dictating America into a full blown progressive, marxist, fascist state. It is beyond partisan politics. It is the desperate attempt to provide aid and comfort to Obama and those that corrupt and plead the fifth.

I watched all of it and it made me sick to my stomach.
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
I watched this live this morning, and Cummings was engaged in full-roar Kabuki Theater.  Lois wouldn't testify, so Elijah decided to testify for her.

He is an obstructionist on this whole issue and has been from the very beginning.  Cumming has been pulling stunts like this one during all of the hearings on this, so this is nothing new.

Did you see that Lois sat quietly with that smug look on her face and listened to every word Cummings said??

I'd love to see her in jail.  Gen Pop someplace remote...

As I just re watched it. I saw Lerner sitting there all smug while Cummings was talking. I watched her leave after her defender had a meltdown. I saw the capitol police and thought they should have her handcuffed and carted off to the non existing capitol jail. After Obama, we need a jail back in there.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 11:14:05 pm by Gazoo »

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline katzenjammer

What a maroon!!

:silly:

Offline R4 TrumPence

Wonder if Cummings remembers how Republicans were treated when it was Speaker Pelosi's house? :pondering:

Oh right, we are the only ones that have to place nice  :banging:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members

Offline evadR

You know, I can't figure out what's being accomplished in this cluster f*k that Issa is running but if he can't do better than this, he might as well close it up...permanently.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline Rapunzel

08: Waxman to Issa "I will have you physically removed if you don't stop"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhvK9CkjL9g&feature=youtu.be&app=desktop
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776