Author Topic: FEEL GOOD STORY! Code pinko Hamas supporter, Media Benjamin, jailed and roughed up in Egypt, begs US Embaassy for help, gets zip  (Read 678 times)

rangerrebew

FEEL GOOD STORY! Code Pinko Hamas-supporter, Medea Benjamin, jailed and roughed up in Egypt, begs U.S. Embassy for help, gets zip

codepinko4-viTrying to make her way into Gaza from Cairo, notorious Jew-hating Judenrat, Medea Benjamin of Code Pink, claims she suffered a dislocated left arm and severe trauma after being detained on arrival in Egypt. According to Benjamin,

“They dragged me and they threw me on the floor. They pulled my arm out of its socket, then dragged me across the tarmac.” “My arm is traumatized and swollen and torn, and I am in excruciating pain from the nape of my neck down to my waist.”

MedeaBenjaminAP

Yahoo News  (h/t Subramanian K) Benjamin tweeted her ordeal, including photos of the airport prison cell she said she shared with four other women, one of whom lent her a power cord for her telephone when the battery ran down.

Benjamin is a well-known American troublemaker famous for wearing her group’s signature color and disrupting events in Washington and around the nation. She has protested inside congressional hearings and political conventions. She rose to prominence protesting the Iraq War, but in recent years has widened her group’s campaign to include opposition to America’s use of drones.

Screenshot 2014-03-03 at 10.34.03 PM

Benjamin's jail cell in Cairo
Benjamin’s jail cell in Cairo

Benjamin said she traveled to Cairo to begin a journey to Gaza, which shares a border with Egypt, for an international women’s day event. She never left the airport, where she was detained shortly after stepping off her flight at 8:30 p.m. local time Monday.

After hours spent in the cell, “five very scary-looking men came for me,” she said. Through contacts with friends in the United States and Egypt she had learned that American diplomats were just 10 minutes away, so she resisted going with the men, who removed her by force, she told Yahoo News.

They grabbed her, threw her to the floor, and put two sets of handcuffs on her, she recounted. In the scuffle, “I heard the ‘pop’ of my shoulder, and I started screaming. They wouldn’t stop.” ”They stomped on me,” she said.

Medea_Twitter

The men dragged her to a Turkish Airlines flight bound for Istanbul. The airline initially argued that she was in no shape for a flight. An Egyptian doctor agreed, but in the end she boarded the plane and ended up in a middle seat with an Egyptian security officer on either side. “I was between two of the same guys who beat me up,” she said.

She said she was speaking from the clinic at the Istanbul airport, waiting for staff there to fix their MRI machine, having just received her third shot of painkiller for what doctors have described as a torn ligament. “I’m shaking like a leaf here, I’m in extreme trauma and I can’t get my embassy to come and help me,” she said. “I’m in no shape to travel, but I’ve got to go home.”

1-code-pink-gaza

A State Department official, who requested anonymity to discuss the situation, said in a statement that U.S. “consular officers in Egypt were in contact with the U.S. citizen and provided all appropriate consular assistance.”

“In regards to the allegations that the Cairo police broke her arm, we would refer you to the Egyptian police for further information,” the official said. “Questions regarding Ms. Benjamin’s deportation or Egyptian visa should be referred to the government of Egypt.

“That’s such a lie,” Benjamin upon hearing the statement. “They never made contact with me. Never, ever. My friends were calling them from the U.S. and from Cairo. They told my friends they were on the way over. They constantly lied. I was on the tarmac for an hour. They never showed up. That’s just a bald-faced lie.” (Could this story get any better? LOL)

“I don’t know what I did and can’t get an explanation,” Benjamin said.

http://www.barenakedislam.com/2014/03/05/feel-good-story-code-pinko-hamas-supporter-medea-benjamin-jailed-and-roughed-up-in-egypt-begs-u-s-embassy-for-help-gets-zip/
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 10:01:32 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Rapunzel

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
“I don’t know what I did and can’t get an explanation,” Benjamin said.

You'd never understand it in a million years, no matter how it was presented to you.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

rangerrebew

You'd never understand it in a million years, no matter how it was presented to you.

Just like any other liberal.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
What a shame this happened to such a fine Citizen.......

:smokin:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
What a shame this happened to such a fine Citizen.......

:smokin:

Actually - you just nailed it. 240b commented about it on another thread, about Americans going to Israel and suggesting a drive to Cairo, Lebanon or Jordan.  :shrug:

America is not the world, and the world most definitely isn't American. She's thinking she has the same sort of rights abroad as she does at home. Kinda dumb, but what do you expect from a liberal?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Actually - you just nailed it. 240b commented about it on another thread, about Americans going to Israel and suggesting a drive to Cairo, Lebanon or Jordan.  :shrug:

America is not the world, and the world most definitely isn't American. She's thinking she has the same sort of rights abroad as she does at home. Kinda dumb, but what do you expect from a liberal?
Exactly right...she is an excellent example of what used to be referred to as the "Ugly American"...loud, rude, demanding and completely insensitive to where they are, and where they are not.

Offline happyg

Media needs to find a new hobby that keeps her out of the media. He ego got the better of her, and I couldn't be happier for the bimbo.

Oceander

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

OMG, this piece is pure eye candy.  :eatdrink:

Bumping for any that haven't enjoyed it yet!   :silly: