Author Topic: CAPITOL UPDATE: Joe Biden Staff: “Harry Reid Can Go F*CK Himself!”  (Read 710 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://theulstermanreport.com/2014/03/05/capitol-update-joe-biden-staff-harry-reid-can-go-fck-himself/

CAPITOL UPDATE: Joe Biden Staff: “Harry Reid Can Go F*CK Himself!”

by Ulsterman on March 5, 2014

There was an apparent dust-up between the offices of Vice President Joe Biden and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid in the hours leading up to today’s denied vote of Barack Obama’s choice to head up the DOJ’s Civil Rights Division, Debo Adegbile.  Controversy surrounded Adegbile over his advocacy of convicted cop killer, Mumia Abu-Jamal.

“Harry Reid can go f*ck himself!”

I know the Ukraine issue is getting all the play right now.  And I saw you already mentioned the bizarre behavior of Congressman Cummings after the IRS hearing, but I’m pretty sure you haven’t heard about this, so thought I would let you in on a pretty big political brawl that took place this morning here on the Hill.

As you probably knew, Harry Reid was proceeding with the president’s nomination of Debo Adegbile to be the new head of the Civil Rights Division over at DOJ.  The fact Barack Obama sent this guy up here as his pick is a story all by itself, but I want to focus for now on the recent chain of events that nomination created.

It’s my understanding that initially, Vice President Biden was happy to be there for the potential tie-breaking vote, hoping it would give him a nice little PR bump. Late yesterday though, his staff began voicing concerns that if he were to be the one to secure the nomination of a man who willingly tried to free a known cop killer, it could have serious political repercussions on a potential 2016 presidential run. This paranoia festered well into last night, and got so bad, at least one of Biden’s top staff was convinced the whole thing was a ploy hatched by the Clintons to trap Biden into being the deciding vote that took place today.  I know this, because Biden staffers were working double time this morning trying to convince enough Democrats to drop the nomination and therefore, prevent the Vice President from having to cast that tie breaking vote.  They were talking openly about this issue with both Democrats and Republicans alike earlier today.

At some point, Harry Reid’s office received word of what was going on, and phoned Biden’s office, who in turn, told the senator’s people they could go f*ck themselves.  The Vice President was not going to play along on this one. Apparently, Biden is already on edge, complaining that he should have some kind of role in all of the Ukraine “stuff”, which is being dominated by Secretary of State John Kerry, who the Biden people are also suspicious of wanting to run for president in 2016.

While this is not a terribly big story in the scope of everything going on now, it does show how Democrats are in total disarray at the moment, while Republicans are slowly but steadily coming together, with the Tea Party faction definitely intact and playing a big role in shaping future policy and potential 2014 and 2016 candidates.

Several Democrats openly opposed the president’s nomination this morning, and Mr. Obama is not too happy about it. That is great news because it’s more confirmation of the power shift that has been taking place.  I hope that after 2014, the Obama White House will just be window dressing.  Let the guy take his vacations, or fly off to some fundraisers, or throw another party at the White House, or give another speech in front of a bunch of adoring butt kissers, I don’t really care just as long as he’s no longer a viable force here in D.C.

It would have been very interesting if the vice president was forced to cast that tie breaker vote.  As vocal and angry as a certain staff member of his was, (she was pissed!) I think there is a better than fair chance he would have voted against the president.  Now that would have been something to see.  His people were able to hide behind the no votes of some other senators though, so that, unfortunately, didn’t happen.

Maybe next time!
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline katzenjammer

Interesting bit of intramurals apparently going on!  lol

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Controversy surrounded Adegbile over his advocacy of convicted cop killer, Mumia Abu-Jamal.

Here is a standing $100 bet:  When Obama leaves office he will issue a Presidential Pardon to Jamal, and commute his sentence to life with the possibility of parole.

Offline R4 TrumPence

Here is a standing $100 bet:  When Obama leaves office he will issue a Presidential Pardon to Jamal, and commute his sentence to life with the possibility of parole.

I don't think he can because it isn't a federal offense. 

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Hey Rap...must confess...haven't kept up with Ulsterman and the White House Insider.  Exactly how accurate?  How off?  What's he battnig?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

now that's a big f*cking deal!

Offline mountaineer

... I think there is a better than fair chance he would have voted against the president.  Now that would have been something to see.
To say the least!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Rapunzel

Hey Rap...must confess...haven't kept up with Ulsterman and the White House Insider.  Exactly how accurate?  How off?  What's he battnig?

pretty darn well...
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I love rat on rat action! :2popcorn:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
It will just be a recess appointment anyway. So, this vote is only an annoyance Heir Fuhrer.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.