Author Topic: Obama Cuts Funds for Israeli Missile Defense  (Read 553 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama Cuts Funds for Israeli Missile Defense
« on: March 05, 2014, 07:26:13 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2014/03/05/Obama-Cuts-Funds-for-Israeli-Missile-Defense

by Joel B. Pollak 5 Mar 2014, 10:25 AM PDT

In the same week that the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) intercepted a Gaza-bound shipment of Syrian missiles from Iran, President Barack Obama is asking Congress to reduce U.S. funding for Israel's missile defense programs by $200 million, according to the Washington Free Beacon.

In a press statement reacting to the news, Republican Jewish Coalition executive director Matt Brooks said: "Today, the Israelis captured a ship carrying missiles from Iran destined for Gaza and earlier this week a rocket fired from Gaza fell in the Ashkelon region of Israel. The threats to Israel are real, constant, and serious. This is clearly not the time to step back from our support of Israel and her defense. Yet President Obama proposes significantly cutting U.S. funding for joint missile defense projects with Israel at this dangerous time."

In the past, the White House and the Obama re-election campaign had used funding for Israeli missile defense as a talking point to fend off criticism of his confrontational policies towards Israel, arguing that President Obama has achieved unprecedented security cooperation with the Israeli military.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Right_in_Virginia

Re: Obama Cuts Funds for Israeli Missile Defense
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 08:58:19 pm »
I don't know if a $200 million cut is a spit in the bucket or significant.

Anyone know?

Thx.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 09:20:43 pm »
They have basically cut  the additions they made in december http://www.jpost.com/Defense/US-defense-bill-boosts-funding-for-joint-Israel-missile-defense-projects-334524 plus an additional $27 million off.

It's a significant cut, not just to the operations budget, but the development budget.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 09:28:19 pm »
They have basically cut  the additions they made in december http://www.jpost.com/Defense/US-defense-bill-boosts-funding-for-joint-Israel-missile-defense-projects-334524 plus an additional $27 million off.

It's a significant cut, not just to the operations budget, but the development budget.

I keep telling you that Obama is an Al Quida agent!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 09:32:59 pm »

I'm sure Israel has other conduits where they can get the money to protect themselves.  China?  Putin?

Despite their stark differences in political ideology, neither one wants Israel erased from the map. 

In fact, economically, just the opposite.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 09:40:56 pm »
I'd go more for China than Russia at the moment.

Though a hell of a lot of Israelis have Russian roots, the Chinese are going to be far more interested in the further development of David's sling. It is a very effective missile defence system, and at a much lower cost per unit than Iron Dome.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 09:44:17 pm »
I keep telling you that Obama is an Al Quida agent!

It's like progressive and communist/al-qaeda and the MB; but Obama is a member of the MB. Unless the Egyptian papers were lying that day.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/barack-obama-member-muslim-brotherhood/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTOAEzeH100

http://blogs.aljazeera.com/topic/egypt/egyptian-media-says-obama-muslim-brotherhood-member

If Sharyl Atkinson reported on CBS that Obama was a member of the MB (Same thing as al-qaeda/hamas) the media would say it was a phony scandal. If Obama admitted it on TV that he was a member of the muslim brotherhood and despised Israel- the media would say how great it was as the MB are such a peaceful group.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 09:54:15 pm by Gazoo »
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2014, 11:18:29 pm »

Thanks. 

If we're going to cut...I'd like to see it go to our active military and Vets.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2014, 11:20:01 pm »
I'd go more for China than Russia at the moment.

Though a hell of a lot of Israelis have Russian roots, the Chinese are going to be far more interested in the further development of David's sling. It is a very effective missile defence system, and at a much lower cost per unit than Iron Dome.

Great points.  What a wonderful way for China to get its hands on these technologies. 

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2014, 02:36:08 am »
Bottom line is that Israel is no longer subject to the threat of being short $$$...as Israel has other places to go. 

To other people that don't see them as the Boogeyman.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald