Author Topic: Will Putin Destroy Rand Paul?  (Read 216 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Will Putin Destroy Rand Paul?
« on: March 05, 2014, 12:52:35 PM »

Support the USO

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
Re: Will Putin Destroy Rand Paul?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 01:11:27 PM »
He has distanced himself from his father, already. So the main premise of the article is false.

It should be interesting, to hear what Rand Paul says about the Ukraine situation.

I seriously doubt that American opinion would support loss of lives, over Ukraine.

We need to be strong, but we don't need a new cold war every time local events don't go our way.

And you can now count on our "intelligence" services being clueless. That is all the more reason to stay out of it.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 10:54:50 PM »
He has distanced himself from his father, already. So the main premise of the article is false.

It should be interesting, to hear what Rand Paul says about the Ukraine situation.

I seriously doubt that American opinion would support loss of lives, over Ukraine.

We need to be strong, but we don't need a new cold war every time local events don't go our way.

And you can now count on our "intelligence" services being clueless. That is all the more reason to stay out of it.

actually, what we do need is someone skilled enough to run a new cold war in geopolitics.  Why?  Because the tools of a cold war are, precisely, those that are unlikely to get us into a hot war.  Not only do I agree that Americans would not support loss of lives (at least, loss of American lives) in Ukraine, it would be an unmitigated disaster, likely to lead to a very hot European war, if US forces were to land in Ukraine now - or to even enforce a no-fly zone over Ukraine - so the boots-on-the-ground option is not an option.  That being said, economic warfare is very much a bread-and-butter tool for fighting a cold war, and what we really need now, in addition to someone with a long enough strategic view that she or he could have had some inkling that this was coming down the pike, is someone who understands how to fight a cold war, using all of the non-fighting tools available.

Offline AbaraXas

• ?? ??????? ?????
  • Technical
  • Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 11:11:46 PM »
I don't believe in damning the son for the father. Rand seems far more rational than his father (and has accomplished far more in his short career than his father did in decades).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf