Author Topic: 'Have you ever seen such gross disrespect?': Judge blasts 'spoiled' US cheerleader, 18, suing  (Read 1480 times)

Offline happyg

A judge today blasted an 18-year-old girl suing her parents for support after she ran away claiming they were behind her bulimia and that her father showed her 'inappropriate affection'

When Judge Peter Bogaard read an expletive-laden and vicious answerphone message left by Rachel Canning, from Lincoln Park, New Jersey, to her mother, Elizabeth, in which the girl said: 'I wanna s*** all over your face', he said: 'Have you ever in your experience seen such gross disrespect for a parent? I don’t see it in my house.’

The judge, sitting at Morris County court added that Rachel had given her mom and dad, Sean: ‘The proverbial f you’. He also warned he must consider the 'slippery slope' where 'we open the gates for a 12-year-old to sue for an Xbox, a 13-year-old to sue for an iPhone… what about a 15-year-old asking for a 60 inch TV?'

Rachel, who is suing her parents for ‘abandoning’ her has made sensational claims that her mom calling her ‘fat’ and ‘porky’ led to her suffering bulimia and that her former police chief father dad used to get her drunk and kiss her inappropriately.

In shocking legal documents submitted to the court, the honor-roll student said her parents’ behavior contributed to her developing an eating disorder at a young age and saw her weight plummet down to 92 pounds.

Rachel, who has two younger sisters moved in with the parents’ of a friend and is now suing for child support, medical bills, college expenses and legal fees.

She states that her parents have a combined yearly income of between $250,000 and $300,000 and she is entitled to $654-a-week in child support. Her parents have also refused to pay $6,000 owed in school fees for her Catholic High School.

Her parents claim their daughter ran off to stay with friends when she turned 18 because she refused to abide by rules they had set down, including to stop dating her boyfriend.

But today the judge clearly took a dim view of the lawsuit. He said: ‘What kind of parents would the Canning’s be if they didn’t try to set down some strict rules?

‘I’m not going to put myself in anyone’s shoes, he’s (father Sean) trying to raise a child. It’s clear to me all the positive qualities Rachel obviously has, in terms of sports and academics, but I’m not going to step on a father for how he tries to get his child on the right tracks when she has obviously come off the tracks, to put it mildly.’

When summing up later he denied all immediate financial claims, including monthly maintenance, private school payments and legal fees.

Summing up, Judge Bogaard said: ‘The court was called upon to find whether immediate financial relief was needed… It is not necessary….

'What is the next step? Will a 12-year-old sue over an x box, a 13-year-old sue for an iPhone... what about a 15-year-old asking for a 60-inch TV?'
                                - Judge Peter Bogaard

‘We have to ask ourselves, do we want to establish a precedent where parents live in constant fear of enforcing the basic rules of the house. If they set a rule a child doesn’t like, the child can move out, move in with another family, seek child support, cars, cell phone and a few hundred grand to go to college.

‘Counsel, also needs to ask themselves, what is the next step…. Are we going to open the gates for a 12-year-old to sue for an Xbox, a 13-year-old to sue for an iPhone… what about a 15-year-old asking for a 60 inch TV….

‘I want both counsels to think of the potential slippery slope here.’

He added: ‘I think everyone needs to take a step back and realize this family and Rachel in particular is well worth the effort to salvage or attempt to.

‘It appears more energy has been utilized at this point to tear apart this family than try to figure out how this family can somehow be brought back together.

‘I hope we all can realize that despite all the ups and downs, despite the somewhat severe trials and tribulations that have been brought in front of the court, that the basic concept that all the money in the world cannot match the greatest gift you can ever receive, the gift of a child.

‘You should never give up on a child even when they become a young adult.’

He set a date for the secondary hearing, but advised that the plaintiff had not provided sufficient evidence up until now to suggest she would win the case.

Rachel’s attorney Tanya Hefland hit back, saying: ‘They more than have the ability to pay. In the four months she has been with the Inglesino’s they have not called her, they have not offered a penny to her benefactors.

‘Any normal parent would be so embarrassed… they would reach out to the Inglesino’s to sort this situation out.

‘Mr Inglesino reached out twice to try to sort this out father to father and Mr Canning wasn’t interested.

‘They wanted her to move, they wanted her to fail, they wanted her out of that school. They didn’t care, they were more interested in saving their $6,000.

‘They have failed, they are not interested and it is abundantly clear. They call themselves loving parents… but paint the most disgusting image of their daughter. This is a pretty good kid in my opinion, but all they can do is bad mouth their child.’

Much more and pictures at link:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2573165/My-mom-called-porky-dad-got-drunk-told-I-just-daughter-Explosive-claims-spoiled-cheerleader-18-suing-parents-support-ran-away.html#ixzz2v6UqWm5f
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Offline olde north church

My wife and I were watching this morning.  You don't like the rules of the house?  There's the door and don't let it hit you in the ass.
Of course the daughter claimed abuse, what do they expect?  They teach wives to claim spousal abuse.
The young lady should be sold into white slavery.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline happyg

My wife and I were watching this morning.  You don't like the rules of the house?  There's the door and don't let it hit you in the ass.
Of course the daughter claimed abuse, what do they expect?  They teach wives to claim spousal abuse.

To get the benefits she is demanding, the judge should order her back home, and force her to follow all the rules. That will shut the brat's mouth. She will be back where she started, or leave again, only this time, fend for herself. If her attorney friend loses this case, he will cast her out, too.

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here
  • Personal Text goes here

This child is old enough to vote . . . just sayin'.
rb224315:  just another "Creepy-ass Cracka".

and there are those who would have her on her parents insurance til she's 26

Offline Olivia

Now, you don't really mean that, do you?
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here
  • Personal Text goes here

Slavery, no.  Being on her own and fighting the battle against Mother Nature to keep herself fed, clothed, and housed, yes.
rb224315:  just another "Creepy-ass Cracka".

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline NavyCanDo

I would love to see this one on Judge Judy because I know what she would say.  You don’t sue family. Period!

1 Corinthians 6   lays it out pretty clearly that suing members of your family or your brothers and sisters in the Church should be the very last thing you resort to.   Because if you do so – then you already lost.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Now, you don't really mean that, do you?

Send one Hell of a message, don't ya think?   :smokin:

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
This BRAT should have been bent over her fathers knee and had her fanny tanned during her childhood. She obviously was brought up with affluenza.
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

This child is old enough to vote . . . just sayin'.

That was one of my first thoughts when I heard about this case.  That and "heaven help us".

Offline Rapunzel

This BRAT should have been bent over her fathers knee and had her fanny tanned during her childhood. She obviously was brought up with affluenza.

We are reaping a society that doesn't allow parents to disipline their children.,
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online mountaineer

We are reaping a society that doesn't allow parents to disipline their children.,
These are children who don't appear to have been denied anything they wanted, either. Buy me ...   I want ...   and they get it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
My grandfather was on his own from about age 14, because his father went back to the old country, or parts unknown.

His son, my father, enlisted in the Marine Corps at age 17, and never lived under his parents roof again.

The Marine kicked me out at age 18, when he felt I was too big for my britches. My Dad and I agreed later, it was the best thing under the circumstances.

I would expect the daughter's lawyers to ask for a different judge, since this one tipped his hand towards disapproval of the suit.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Charlespg

give her thirty  lashes with a rattan cane and  also give 30 and disbarment to her shyster lawyer :chairbang:
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Online rustynail

"Well, if she were my daughter, i’d..."

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
[[ Now, you don't really mean that, do you? ]]

I didn't write that, but I will write this:

She should convert to islam.
Do her a world of good!  ;)

Oceander

Without touching on the merits of the case, the judge should be removed from the case; no matter how dastardly a party to a case may be, a judge must be, and appear to be, impartial.  This judge has already demonstrated that he's prejudged the case, or at least has made it look so.  The judge also appears to not know the relevant NJ case law because the girl has a case, maybe not a winning case, but she has a case.  One thing for sure, though:  she doesn't want to try this to a jury.