Author Topic: WATCH LIVE: House Hearing on Ex-IRS Director Lois Lerner's Role in Targeting Scandal, Starting at 9:30 AM ET  (Read 1135 times)

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 02:38:26 pm by Gazoo »
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 02:34:57 pm by Gazoo »

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
She is wearing the same dress?

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Here it comes. Other witnesses.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
That's that.  She's sticking to pleading the Fifth.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
HOLY CRAP SHE JUST PLEAD THE FIFTH.

I just posted the Citizens United Article. HOW DID POLITICO know this ahead?

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
They have her red-handed.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Next step is to hold her in Contempt of Congress, and start looking into prosecuting her to the fullest extent of the law.  That will take a while but at least we are getting to see her plead the fifth to every question Congress has...

:smokin:

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
So much for that, the committee is adjourned, and Issa just shut down Cummings from running his mouth on the record.

Screw him.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Not gonna stop Cummings from going into his rant...Issa is actually holding the mute button...

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 March 5, 2014
House Oversight & Gov't Reform Committee: IRS Targeting of Conservative Groups

Former IRS Exempt Organizations Director Lois Lerner re-appeared before the House Oversight & Government Reform Cmte. During a May 22nd, 2013 hearing, Lerner invoked her 5th Amendment rights & refused to testify after her opening statement.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
I crashed. I am trying to get the feed again is Cummings still having a hissy fit?

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
So much for that, the committee is adjourned, and Issa just shut down Cummings from running his mouth on the record.

Screw him.

Cummings grabbed reporters.

He Is saying there is so much money wasted and no evidence.

WHEN ISSA just read evidence.

http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/03/05/watch-live-house-hearing-ex-irs-director-lois-lerners-role-targeting-scandal-starting-9am

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I can't listen to Cummings...had to leave...
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Cummings is STILL going on and on. He has two other members of the BCC and he is lying his ass off repeating the same lie over and over and then saying he wants to get to the truth.

When Issa just read the truth and Lerner plead the fifth.

Okay he finally walked off just now.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2014/03/05/lois-lerner-before-oversight-committee-n1804450

BREAKING: Lois Lerner Refuses to Answer Questions Before Congress, Pleads the Fifth Again
Katie Pavlich | Mar 05, 2014

Appearing in front of the House Oversight Committee Wednesday morning Lois Lerner, former head of tax exempt groups at the IRS, refused to answer questions asked by lawmakers by pleading the Fifth Amendment. Earlier this week, Lerner's attorney William Taylor confirmed to Committee members in an email that she would testify. Lerner was issued a subpoena last summer after admitting the IRS singled out conservative groups for extra scrutiny.

"On the advice of my counsel I respectfully exercise my fifth amendment right and decline to answer that question," Lerner said.

Last year, Lerner was called to testify in front of the same Committee where she also invoked her Fifth Amendment rights after making the statement, "I have not done anything wrong. I have not broken any laws, I have not violated any IRS rules or regulations and I have not provided false information to this or any other congressional committee." The Committee voted and concluded that because Lerner made a statement before pleading the Fifth, she effectively waved her Fifth Amendment rights.

When asked by Chairman Darrell Issa if she believed there wasn't a smidgen of corruption inside the IRS when it came to the inappropriate targeting of tea party and conservative groups, Lerner answered, "On the advice of my counsel I respectfully exercise my fifth amendment right and decline to answer that question."

The Committee hearing was quickly dismissed after Issa put contempt charges for Lerner on the table.

"Ladies and gentlemen, seeking the truth is the duty of this committee and I see no point in moving forward," Issa said. "We're adjourned, close it down."
Support the USO

Offline flowers

What a fricken joke. Issa won't do a thing about this.  **nononono*

Offline Rapunzel

Through The Freedom of Information Act The Blaze got hold of some info Issa didn't have and have turned it over to him, they are doing a report long in the works (not just from today) tonight on The Blaze "Special Report.,"  I plan to watch it.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline flowers

Through The Freedom of Information Act The Blaze got hold of some info Issa didn't have and have turned it over to him, they are doing a report long in the works (not just from today) tonight on The Blaze "Special Report.,"  I plan to watch it.
Let those of us who don't have DISH know what happens please.