Author Topic: Russia warns: could 'reduce to zero' economic dependency on US  (Read 576 times)

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Moscow (AFP) - Russia could reduce to zero its economic dependency on the United States if Washington agreed sanctions against Moscow over Ukraine, a Kremlin aide said on Tuesday, warning that the American financial system faced a "crash" if this happened.

"We would find a way not just to reduce our dependency on the United States to zero but to emerge from those sanctions with great benefits for ourselves," said Kremlin economic aide Sergei Glazyev.

He told the RIA Novosti news agency Russia could stop using dollars for international transactions and create its own payment system using its "wonderful trade and economic relations with our partners in the East and South."

Russian firms and banks would also not return loans from American financial institutions, he said.

"An attempt to announce sanctions would end in a crash for the financial system of the United States, which would cause the end of the domination of the United States in the global financial system," he added.

He said that economic sanctions imposed by the European Union would be a "catastrophe" for Europe, saying that Russia could halt gas supplies "which would be beneficial for the Americans" and give the Russian economy a useful "impulse".

http://news.yahoo.com/russia-warns-could-reduce-zero-economic-dependency-us-083926261.html;_ylt=AwrSyCVd_hVT7BUA4C3QtDMD

Just when you thought Russia was standing down. And Obama hops on a kids rug with his teleprompter.

God, help us, please!
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Russia warns: could 'reduce to zero' economic dependency on US
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 08:25:33 pm »
Just when you thought Russia was standing down. And Obama hops on a kids rug with his teleprompter.

God, help us, please!

According to John Kerry, Putin is just saying this out of "weakness".  The sad thing is there is probably a lot of truth in what he says.  I don't think Europe, especially Germany, is going to be very anxious to impose sanctions on Russia. 

"An attempt to announce sanctions would end in a crash for the financial system of the United States, which would cause the end of the domination of the United States in the global financial system," he added.

I think he's bluffing here, but I find it to be a chilling insight to what his end goal really is. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 08:27:49 pm »
According to John Kerry, Putin is just saying this out of "weakness".  The sad thing is there is probably a lot of truth in what he says.  I don't think Europe, especially Germany, is going to be very anxious to impose sanctions on Russia. 

I think he's bluffing here, but I find it to be a chilling insight to what his end goal really is.

Combined with China he could do this.
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 08:34:49 pm »
Combined with China he could do this.

You know he's given that a lot of thought. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 08:50:57 pm »
You know he's given that a lot of thought.

He certainly has.  How many remember his move on Georgia came right on the heels of the olympics games? 

Ukraine is the breadbasket of the former Soviet Union......... Russia "leases" their Black Sea ports from Ukraine.  Not to mention Ukraine has borders with 8 other former Soviet countries... strategically this is a huge coupe for Russia/
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline musiclady

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 09:48:25 pm »

Don't bother, Mr. Putin.  Obama's taking care of that all by himself.    **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 11:25:28 pm »
now this is bluff and bluster