Author Topic: Obama: 'Strong belief' Russia violated international law  (Read 1118 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama: 'Strong belief' Russia violated international law
« on: March 04, 2014, 05:14:11 pm »
http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=8C8ACC00-A4C8-D41D-F85A7681F6160949

Obama: 'Strong belief' Russia violated international law
By: Reid J. Epstein
March 4, 2014 12:05 PM EST

President Barack Obama said Tuesday "there is a strong belief" that Russia has violated international law by sending its troops into Ukraine.

"There is a strong belief that Russia's action is violating international law," Obama said at a D.C. public school after introducing his budget proposal. "President Putin seems to have a different set of lawyers making a different set of interpretations. I don't think that's fooling anybody."

Obama did not respond directly to comments Putin made at a press conference Tuesday morning.

He did add that Russia's incursion into Ukraine "has not been as sign of strength, but is a reflection that countries near Russia have a deep concern and suspicion of this kind of meddling."

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

Re: Obama: 'Strong belief' Russia violated international law
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 05:14:41 pm »
Duh

The question isn't whether he's violating international law, the question is what you and the leaders of Western Europe are going to do about it.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 05:15:15 pm by Oceander »

Offline Relic

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 05:33:13 pm »
Duh

The question isn't whether he's violating international law, the question is what you and the leaders of Western Europe are going to do about it.

N O T H I N G

In a world of sheep, a wolf is well fed.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 05:35:05 pm »
Yeah.  Ain't that some sh!t.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline flowers

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 05:42:11 pm »
Well DUH....no flies on him..............wait I have seen flies on Obama.   :smokin: 

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 05:43:43 pm »
No shit, Sherlock!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 05:51:20 pm »
Remember, this is the same crowd that found the Fort Hood Massacre to be "workplace violence"...

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 06:17:48 pm »
"President Putin seems to have a different set of lawyers making a different set of interpretations. I don't think that's fooling anybody."

Yes!  I'm sure that Putin is waiting for the "lawyers" to inform him of his options at every turn!! 

:silly:

I wonder if this fraud knows how much of an abject moron he sounds to anyone paying attention....

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 07:57:36 pm »
I wonder if this fraud knows how much of an abject moron he sounds to anyone paying attention....
Did he read this idiotic comment from a teleprompter, or did he actually formulate the thought all by himself?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2014, 09:58:28 pm »
The only time one can use the phrase "strong belief" in a sentence with the name "Barack Obama" requires the word "Marxism", with no negative adjectives or meaning.  :whistle:
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline raml

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 10:31:28 pm »
A president should never say strong belief that means he really doesn't know what he is talking about. It either is or isn't a fact that Putin is breaking international law a strong belief doesn't cut it when you are a world leader. We have an absolute idiot leading us down the drain.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2014, 10:57:16 pm »
Obama's accent and terms are all 'affected'. They are a made up imitation of different people he has heard speak in his life. The same with that ridiculous, 'uh' 'uh' 'uh', thing he does. That is supposed to make him sound insightful and contemplative. But really it is just annoying as hell.

He can go from a Black preacher, to a southern farmer, to a Havard lawyer on a dime. And it is all fake. He heard someone at some time say 'strong belief' and he thought it sounded smart, so he used it. That is all this is.

Speaking of 'international law', what legal authority did Obama have to overthrow Libya by proxy while bypassing Congress altogether? Was Libya attacking us at time and I do not know about it? What international justification did he have to help overthrow Egypt and deliver it into the hands of the MB. Since we are talking about 'international law', I have a few questions of my own.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2014, 11:08:20 pm »
Obama's accent and terms are all 'affected'. They are a made up imitation of different people he has heard speak in his life. The same with that ridiculous, 'uh' 'uh' 'uh', thing he does. That is supposed to make him sound insightful and contemplative. But really it is just annoying as hell.

He can go from a Black preacher, to a southern farmer, to a Havard lawyer on a dime. And it is all fake. He heard someone at some time say 'strong belief' and he thought it sounded smart, so he used it. That is all this is.

Speaking of 'international law', what legal authority did Obama have to overthrow Libya by proxy while bypassing Congress altogether? Was Libya attacking us at time and I do not know about it? What international justification did he have to help overthrow Egypt and deliver it into the hands of the MB. Since we are talking about 'international law', I have a few questions of my own.

Sorry, bit IMO, you're way off here.

His "uh, uh, uh", is because he's working without a net with no teleprompter in which to rely upon.  If one were to check his shorts, you'd find evidence that he's using the "uh, uh, uh" to buy time and find a way to sidestep the question.

The questions he fields from an O'Reilly interview....as well as all others Obama and Michelle make...know full well the EXACT questions that will be asked....or topics that are NOT to be broached.

Not so with a press conference type venue.

I agree with you on his actions he took in Libya and even the meddling in Egypt and Syria.  Was he breaking international law when he was running guns out of Benghazi?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2014, 11:10:06 pm »
A president should never say strong belief that means he really doesn't know what he is talking about. It either is or isn't a fact that Putin is breaking international law a strong belief doesn't cut it when you are a world leader. We have an absolute idiot leading us down the drain.

In the world of moral relativism there are no absolutes, so a "strong belief" is about all that he can muster (or at least the person that wrote his script for today).

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2014, 11:19:07 pm »
In the world of moral relativism there are no absolutes, so a "strong belief" is about all that he can muster (or at least the person that wrote his script for today).

Can I point out right now that if Romney had won, Putin wouldn't have done a thing?   

....and that Ghaddafi and Mubarak would still be heads of their respective country? 

And the punchline.....it's all on purpose.  It's not incompetence.  It's a lot more sinister than that.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2014, 11:21:41 pm »
A strong belief?????

Well I guess when you don't take Intel briefings or watch Fox, Beck, Rush or Hannity, you can't have a definite opinion, as you haven't heard what is going on in the world :shrug:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2014, 11:23:36 pm »
Can I point out right now that if Romney had won, Putin wouldn't have done a thing?   

....and that Ghaddafi and Mubarak would still be heads of their respective country? 

And the punchline.....it's all on purpose.  It's not incompetence.  It's a lot more sinister than that.

Agreed wholeheartedly.  And double for the punchline.  (I actually find it a bit disappointing to see so many chalking all of this up to idiocy and incompetence.)  And yes, much more sinister.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2014, 11:27:13 pm »
Yea but, it is not Obama who is the evil genius. I can never believe that. He is a sock puppet for other forces.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Oceander

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2014, 11:29:47 pm »

I have to disagree with you on what Putin would have done had Romney won.  Putin is a shrewd operator and it's quite possible that he would have still gone after Crimea because the opportunity presented itself.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2014, 11:42:18 pm »
Yea but, it is not Obama who is the evil genius. I can never believe that. He is a sock puppet for other forces.

Yes, he is the mouthpiece, the puppet as you say.  Absolutely.