Author Topic: Military Drag Show: the Sad and Perverse Legacy of Obama (video)  (Read 928 times)

Offline happyg

Troops based at the Kadena Air Base in Japan had a drag queen show Saturday night. Seriously.

How proud Obama must be. I can’t imagine what people who enlisted in the military think about this nonsense. If Obama wanted to decimate and demoralize the military, he certainly has achieved it.

This Week described the perverse event:

Troops based at the Kadena Air Base in Japan know how to party. On Saturday, six gay and straight service members applied some of their finest makeup and lip synced to “I Wanna Dance with Somebody” in what is believed to be first drag queen and king show on an American military base.

The show was thrown in support for the base’s recently formed OutServe-SLDN chapter, a nonprofit advocacy group for the army’s LGBT community.

Just a few years ago, performances like these would have been grounds for a possible discharge. The repeal of Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell has made it possible for events like this to occur.

It is also a sign of the times within the military; just a few years ago, gay and lesbian drag performances on a military base would have been unthinkable and potentially a cause for dismissal from the service.

The repeals of Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell, as well as the Defense of Marriage Act — the law barring the federal government from recognizing same-sex marriages — have allowed gays and lesbians in the military to be open with their sexuality for the first time.

The historic shift appears to be mostly accepted and embraced throughout the ranks despite warnings the DADT repeal could harm order and good discipline.

Any wonder why Putin invaded the Ukraine?

The U. S. military will soon be the laughing stock of the world, if it isn’t already.

How utterly sad that our military, the finest  fighting force in the history of the world, has been coerced and reformed into a politically correct arm of the government. DoD  has replaced “Don’t ask, don’t tell” with men dressing up in women’s clothes and brazenly entertaining the troops.

Video at link:
Read more at http://theblacksphere.net/2014/2/military-drag-show#8opWrrXk83FUBVs6.99

Offline flowers

Re: Military Drag Show: the Sad and Perverse Legacy of Obama (video)
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 04:23:05 pm »
 8888crybaby   **nononono* 

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 05:11:59 pm »
And I suppose General Colin Powell thinks this is just fine...
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 06:16:49 pm »
As far as I know, the USO has a long tradition of cross-dressing performers at their shows, at least as far back as WWII:  http://books.google.com/books?id=GYFNCcsL1NMC&pg=PT70&lpg=PT70&dq=%22uso%22+entertainer+crossdressing&source=bl&ots=wmZfP7feAM&sig=EH362LhltN6WTOpy9YkERb973zE&hl=en&sa=X&ei=UhYWU-WpDufb0wHI4YCADA&ved=0CDcQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=%22uso%22%20entertainer%20crossdressing&f=false

The USO did it. Our equivalent, the CSE, does it. Rugby clubs do it. What is the freaking problem? It's played for laughs and jokes that would peel paint.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 06:34:40 pm »
The USO did it. Our equivalent, the CSE, does it. Rugby clubs do it. What is the freaking problem? It's played for laughs and jokes that would peel paint.

that it does

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 07:44:30 pm »
As far as I know, the USO has a long tradition of cross-dressing performers at their shows, at least as far back as WWII:  http://books.google.com/books?id=GYFNCcsL1NMC&pg=PT70&lpg=PT70&dq=%22uso%22+entertainer+crossdressing&source=bl&ots=wmZfP7feAM&sig=EH362LhltN6WTOpy9YkERb973zE&hl=en&sa=X&ei=UhYWU-WpDufb0wHI4YCADA&ved=0CDcQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=%22uso%22%20entertainer%20crossdressing&f=false

Yeah. But these aren't USO performers. They're serving members of the U.S. military. That's a HUGE difference.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 10:00:41 pm »

The show was thrown in support for the base’s recently formed OutServe-SLDN chapter, a nonprofit advocacy group for the army’s LGBT community.

This is utterly disgusting. The commander of that base should be relieved of command. The purpose of the military is to kill people and break things. It is NOT to be a social experiment.
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 10:14:39 pm »
Yeah. But these aren't USO performers. They're serving members of the U.S. military. That's a HUGE difference.

Yes and sailors are made to do it as shellbacks for initiation- it is a joke- a punishment not a show.

Well that was MANY moons ago I guess they don't now.
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?