Author Topic: Obama convinced Iran is very afraid of him  (Read 414 times)

rangerrebew

Obama convinced Iran is very afraid of him
« on: March 04, 2014, 11:21:39 am »
Obama Convinced Iran is Very Afraid of Him

Posted By Daniel Greenfield On March 3, 2014 @ 9:56 pm In The Point | 5 Comments

Tremble before his might

Of course Obama thinks that Iran and Syria take him seriously. No doubt, Obama believes that Putin is hiding under his bed in fear of his next phone call. If space aliens arrived and leveled Washington D.C., he would be convinced, as he was dissolving into ionized plasma, that the aliens were only doing it out of fear of him.

Obama once said that he could do everyone else’s job better than they can. This is what happens when you ingest toxic amounts of self-esteem with no reality check.

Obama argued that American adversaries, such as Iran, Syria and Russia itself, still believe that he is capable of using force to advance American interests, despite his reluctance to strike Syria last year after President Bashar al-Assad crossed Obama’s chemical-weapons red line.

“We’ve now seen 15 to 20 percent of those chemical weapons on their way out of Syria with a very concrete schedule to get rid of the rest,” Obama told me. “That would not have happened had the Iranians said, ‘Obama’s bluffing, he’s not actually really willing to take a strike.’ If the Russians had said, ‘Ehh, don’t worry about it, all those submarines that are floating around your coastline, that’s all just for show.’ Of course they took it seriously! That’s why they engaged in the policy they did.”

It’s easy to fool Obama. All you have to do is play on his oversized ego.

Putin played Obama by using Syria to open the door to Iran. Syria is delaying turning over its weapons, but it doesn’t matter. Syria was a stalking horse for Iran. Its agreement convinced Obama that Iran was now ready to deal. And that got Iran a whole lot of money and time to go nuclear.

And the whole thing was set up by a Russian guy named Vlad who played the Chicago Boy Wonder like a trumpet.

I returned to this particularly sensitive subject. “Just to be clear,” I asked, “You don’t believe the Iranian leadership now thinks that your ‘all options are on the table’ threat as it relates to their nuclear program — you don’t think that they have stopped taking that seriously?”

Obama answered: “I know they take it seriously.”

“We have a high degree of confidence that when they look at 35,000 U.S. military personnel in the region that are engaged in constant training exercises under the direction of a president who already has shown himself willing to take military action in the past, that they should take my statements seriously,” he replied.

“And the American people should as well, and the Israelis should as well, and the Saudis should as well.”

How does Obama know they take it seriously? Well there are a bunch of soldiers in the region under the direction of a guy who sent a few planes to bomb Libya, and then drew a red line on Syria that he ran away from and allowed Putin to stampede into Ukraine while retreating from Iraq and Afghanistan.

How could Iran not take Obama seriously?

“I’m the commander in chief of the most powerful military on earth, I think I have pretty good judgment as to whether or not this problem can be best solved militarily. And what I’m saying is it’s a lot better if we solve it diplomatically.”

How has that good judgment worked out in Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, Afghanistan and Iraq so far?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Article printed from FrontPage Magazine: http://www.frontpagemag.com

URL to article: http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/dgreenfield/obama-convinced-iran-is-very-afraid-of-him/