Author Topic: Code Pink's Medea Benjamin Jailed in Egypt  (Read 1845 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Code Pink's Medea Benjamin Jailed in Egypt
« on: March 04, 2014, 05:15:36 am »
http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2014/03/03/Code-Pink-s-Medea-Benjamin-Jailed-In-Egypt

Code Pink's Medea Benjamin Jailed in Egypt
by Kerry Picket 3 Mar 2014, 6:27 PM PDT

Code Pink's leader Medea Benjamin was stopped at the Cairo airport on Monday along with other U.S. women within her organization and placed in a detainment cell. The radical left wing anti-war group, known for its support of Hamas, was on its way to Gaza for International Women's Day 2014.

According to Code Pink's website, the purpose of the trip was to "show solidarity with the women of Gaza, to bring attention to the unbearable suffering caused by the Israeli blockade, to educate people back in our home countries, to push for opening the Gaza borders and to bring solar lamps to help with the electricity shortage."

The Gaza strip is governed by Hamas, a terrorist organization. It is also an offshoot of the Muslim Brotherhood movement, the same organization that took over Egypt in 2011 and was toppled in 2013 by the Egyptian military. Israel Today points out that Egypt is now going after Hamas to assure another Muslim Brotherhood uprising cannot happen again. Additionally, Egyptian officials have already told the Islamist group it will be shutting down smuggling tunnels between the Sinai Peninsula and the Gaza Strip, Israel Radio reported Friday.

Code Pink's plan was to meet in Cairo on March 5 and attempt to enter Gaza on March 6. The delegation of women wanted to stay for 6 days and return on March 12. Code Pink cautions that they may not be able to enter Gaza due to the high security in Egypt, saying, "If we do not get into Gaza, we will make your time in Cairo very worthwhile." Indeed.

Medea Benjamin @medeabenjamin
Follow

I'm being held in a jail at Cairo airport!!!
6:08 PM - 3 Mar 2014

Follow

@AlliMcCrack twitter only thing that seems to work in this Cairo jail
6:09 PM - 3 Mar 2014

Follow

.@tighebarry @AlliMcCrack @AnnWright46 @anni think Twitter might work in this Cairo jail. You getting this?
6:12 PM - 3 Mar 2014

Follow

.@nancymancias you getting this? I'm in jail in cairo
6:16 PM - 3 Mar 2014

Follow

.@tighebarry @AlliMcCrack @AnnWright46 @anni think Twitter might work in this Cairo jail. You getting this?

Follow

Follow

Only food for 5 women is dirty stale bread and dirty water
6:40 PM - 3 Mar 2014

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

Re: Code Pink's Medea Benjamin Jailed in Egypt
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 05:26:40 am »
Let her stay in jail for a while.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 05:29:30 am »
Follow

Only food for 5 women is dirty stale bread and dirty water
6:40 PM - 3 Mar 2014

Aww, poor booboo. What did she expect? Caviar?

Welcome to the Middle East.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 05:54:36 am »
These people are the very definition of a facsist. Jewish or not they are some of the most antisemitic, anti freedom people on the planet. I say either way we win.

If they rot in a fetid jail, well, they took that risk.

None of these guys have ever actually been to Gaza or they would never volunteer to go there. One of the most dangerous places in the world, where women, if you can call a 7 year old a woman, are all married and beaten regularly, and people urinate and defecate openly in the street. So even if they manage to make it to Gaza, they will be in a worse situation than they are in an Egyptian jail.

My God. These people are so blindly IGNORANT and fanatic, you just can't make it up.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 06:01:45 am »
These people are the very definition of a facsist. Jewish or not they are some of the most antisemitic, anti freedom people on the planet. I say either way we win.

If they rot in a fetid jail, well, they took that risk.

None of these guys have ever actually been to Gaza or they would never volunteer to go there. One of the most dangerous places in the world, where women, if you can call a 7 year old a woman, are all married and beaten regularly, and people urinate and defecate openly in the street. So even if they manage to make it to Gaza, they will be in a worse situation than they are in an Egyptian jail.

My God. These people are so blindly IGNORANT and fanatic, you just can't make it up.

Reminds me of the woman, I forget her name, that was crushed like a pancake by a bulldozer in Gaza.  Absolute crazy fanatics!
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 06:20:21 am »
I was there when that happened. Rachael something, I think. The world press went nuts. I can tell you from my experience, and the press there, not one Israeli shed a tear.

If your going to act like a dumbass, like this group, and Greenpeace group Russia arrested and threw in jail, then you have to be willing to pay dumbass consequences. Trust me. At this very moment all of those Code Pink people are thinking to themselves, "Wow, I am a real dumbass!"

I saw it all the time in the M.E. Americans would fly into Tel Aviv and say something stupid like, "Hey guys, why don't we drive over to Ciaro?" I looked at them like they crazy. They were so stupid they didn't have a clue. "Let's drive over to Jordan for lunch and then hit Lebanon. And then we can head over to Iraq for dinner!" Are you freakin insane!?

But yes, they were just that clueless. They had no idea how dangerous a place they were in, just like these Pink people.

They are starry eyed, peace and love, unicorn riding Liberals. And Liberals are idiots. In America, maybe in Europe you can be an idiot. No problem.

If you are an idiot in the M.E., bad things are going to happen. In the M.E. and in Africa, they don't play. And they do not suffer fools for very long at all.

If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Carling

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 07:04:24 am »
Reminds me of the woman, I forget her name, that was crushed like a pancake by a bulldozer in Gaza.  Absolute crazy fanatics!

Rachel Corrie.  The left cared about her for a few weeks.  Then they forgot about her.

I have to laugh at these rich liberal Code Pink women.  At least they aren't being raped at this point, or forced into sex slavery/forced marriage. 
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline rustynail

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 11:20:43 am »
Bless her heart.

Offline Charlespg

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 01:14:17 pm »
St Rachael of pancake :0001:
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2014, 03:30:14 pm »
I have to laugh at these rich liberal Code Pink women.  At least they aren't being raped at this point, or forced into sex slavery/forced marriage.
I don't suppose Medea has to worry about that.  :pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Oceander

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 03:39:38 pm »
couldn't have happened to better "people."  perhaps they'll be transferred to a Hamas prison for further detention.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2014, 03:41:21 pm »

I wonder if they were planning on wearing their "vagina" outfits while they were over there?
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2014, 06:58:27 pm »
[img]I wonder if they were planning on wearing their "vagina" outfits while they were over there?
Those would be a big hit in Muslimland!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2014, 07:19:23 pm »

I wonder if they were planning on wearing their "vagina" outfits while they were over there?

Oh yeah, of couse. Hamas is going to love a 'woman's rights' group wearing vaginas. Sure they will, for about three seconds. These women will be in jail over there before they can get zipped up. And if they think the Egyptian jail is bad, wait until they see a Hamas jail.

I hope they like cockroach fritters, with rat soup.

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2014, 10:00:40 pm »
I hear a whole bunch of Karnak routines using the phrase "fleas of a thousand camels" in my head.  :tongue2:
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2014, 10:18:33 pm »
These people are in more trouble than they know. They are pro-Hamas and Egypt and Hamas are frequently in conflict on the Gaza border. I'm sure they are being interrogated about things like who they know in Hamas, who funds them, how much money do they hold, what is their financial network, etc.

And I personally cannot believe that Hamas has much love for them. I can't imagine how this is all going to work out.

Offline Olivia

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2014, 10:49:56 pm »
These people are in more trouble than they know. They are pro-Hamas and Egypt and Hamas are frequently in conflict on the Gaza border. I'm sure they are being interrogated about things like who they know in Hamas, who funds them, how much money do they hold, what is their financial network, etc.

And I personally cannot believe that Hamas has much love for them. I can't imagine how this is all going to work out.

I can imagine how I would like for it to work out.   :laugh: :laugh:  They would detain her for several weeks and when she returned to the United States, she would kiss the ground she walked on, become a nun and do good works for the rest of her life.   
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim