Author Topic: McCain: Obama smartest man in the room  (Read 762 times)

Offline Rapunzel

McCain: Obama smartest man in the room
« on: March 03, 2014, 10:01:36 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/199703-mccain-obama-smarter-than-the-rest-of-us#.UxT4derJ_6k.twitter

March 03, 2014, 12:06 pm

By Kyle Balluck

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said President Obama impressed Republican senators by being the smartest man in the room during a series of intimate dinners last year intended to repair relations with Capitol Hill.

But the Arizona lawmaker and Obama’s opponent for the White House in 2008 said the president’s outreach efforts are now flagging.

“There are some things that he could find that we could do on a bipartisan basis, and that may not be his top agenda items, but he’s got to do more outreach,” McCain said in an interview published this weekend with Time magazine.

“I thought when he had a couple of dinners with Republican senators, we really had a good environment there. Because he is a very very articulate and attractive guy in a setting with eight or nine senators and him. Because he was smarter than the rest of us,” he continued. “But I don’t see that now. I don’t see any of that.”

When the meals occurred last spring, press secretary Jay Carney said the White House was encouraged by the discussion and what “seemed to be sincere interest in avoiding constant crisis, sincere interest expressed by the participants in the dinner.”

He said Obama described a meal with a dozen Republican senators as “very constructive and very pleasant.”

But following a meeting last week with Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio), Carney said it was “a press misconception that the success or failure of legislation in Congress depends on the relationship between a president and a Speaker or a president and a leader in Congress.”

Obama has made a point of highlighting his use of executive actions in recent months to differentiate himself from Congress.

“I’ve said I want to work with Congress wherever I can, and there are places where the parties can work together to get things done. But I’ve also said and shown that in this year of action, wherever I can act on my own to expand opportunity for more Americans, I will,” Obama said Friday at the Democratic National Committee winter meeting.

“Now, me saying that, that I'm going to go ahead and do things to help middle-class families, has gotten Republicans in Congress all stirred up -- as if they’d prefer to do nothing,” he continued. “But we’re going to keep moving forward on the agenda the American people elected us to move forward on.”

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline MBB1984

Re: McCain: Obama smartest man in the room
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 10:07:42 pm »
Well, speak for yourself John.

With Republicans like Juan gushing over Obama, why not vote democrat?

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 10:33:50 pm »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 10:35:32 pm »

Shhhh, Chief... his supporter will be here later today.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 10:37:58 pm »

Well that doesn't say much about the room. 

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 10:40:34 pm »

BINGO!  Quote of the day!

:beer:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 10:49:20 pm »

Yeah, lol, in a romper room. If you can color in the lines...well, then you are the smartest guy in the room.

I would love to see either of these guys try to do my job for even one day. It would be a crash and burn on a massive level.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

rangerrebew

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 10:57:54 pm »

It tells me McLame really is senile.