Author Topic: WH strikes back: no presidential delegation to paralympics in Sochi  (Read 493 times)

rangerrebew

WH Strikes Back: No Presidential Delegation to Paralympics in Sochi

"In addition to other measures we are taking in response to the situation in Ukraine, the United States will no longer send a presidential delegation to the upcoming Winter Paralympic Games in Sochi." "

|

On Monday, the White House announced that it would be taking harsh measures against Russia for Vladimir Putin’s invasion of the Crimea region of Ukraine: the US presidential delegation would be boycotting the Winter Paralympic Games in Sochi.

National Security Council spokesperson Caitlin Hayden stated, “In addition to other measures we are taking in response to the situation in Ukraine, the United States will no longer send a presidential delegation to the upcoming Winter Paralympic Games in Sochi.” Similarly, British Prime Minister David Cameron has announced that it would “be wrong for UK Ministers to attend the Sochi Paralympics.”

The United States did send a delegation to the Sochi Olympic Games, which ended last week. In 1980, the Carter Administration boycotted the Moscow Olympics in the aftermath of the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 07:33:10 pm by rangerrebew »

Online mountaineer

Re: WH strikes back: no presidential delegation to paralympics in Sochi
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 07:45:09 pm »
Yeah, that'll teach that ol' meanie Putin!
The United States did send a delegation to the Sochi Olympic Games, which ended last week.
The "in your face" group of homosexuals?  Who cared?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 07:48:03 pm »
I don’t remember any WH delegation sent to Sochi. So I looked it up and here are the names – and now I know why I didn't know they were there.    If this is what is sent to the Olympics, how much farther down the ladder will they dig for the Paralympics?

Janet A. Napolitano – lead the deligation.
Michael A. McFaul, United States Ambassador to the Russian Federation.
Robert L. Nabors, Assistant to the President and Deputy Chief of Staff for Policy.
Billie Jean King, Member of the President's Council on Fitness.
Brian A. Boitano, Olympic gold medalist, figure skating.
William J. Burns, Deputy Secretary of State.
Bonnie Blair, five-time Olympic gold medalist speed skating.
Caitlin Cahow, Olympic silver medalist and bronze medalist, women's ice hockey.
Dr. Eric Heiden, five-time Olympic gold medalist, speed skating
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 08:42:39 pm »
Well well, just saw a statement from Tammy Duckworth saying that our para Olympians will be participating.

Obama and Carter, just perfectly asinine together.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 12:19:00 am »
I don’t remember any WH delegation sent to Sochi. So I looked it up and here are the names – and now I know why I didn't know they were there.   
So at least four homosexuals. That was Barry's attempt to poke Putin in the eye.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 01:05:59 am »
Bummer.  There goes another multimillion dollar vacation for Moose, her Mom and the girls.  I hear the girls are getting increasingly restless in the White House and are just itching to hit some real night life in Chicago.....

:smokin: