Author Topic: Boehner: I'll run for Speaker again  (Read 829 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Boehner: I'll run for Speaker again
« on: March 03, 2014, 06:14:45 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/199704-boehner-ill-run-for-speaker-again

March 03, 2014, 12:08 pm
Boehner: I'll run for Speaker again

By Russell Berman

Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) plans to run for reelection as Speaker after the November elections, telling his hometown newspaper Monday that his standing within the Republican Conference is as strong as it has ever been.

The Speaker’s future is a topic of constant speculation in Washington, and the recent retirement of several of his close friends, as well as his decision to buy a condo in Florida, has renewed talk that he will soon step down.

But Boehner, 64, who has already filed to run for reelection to his House seat, told the Cincinnati Enquirer that he wants to keep the Speaker’s gavel for another two years.

“I think I’m in better shape with my own caucus than I have ever been in the last three years,” he said.

Boehner said his purchase of property in Florida “has nothing to do with my future.”

Some Republican lawmakers said Boehner solidified his internal position during last fall’s fiscal showdown, when he waged a losing battle that resulted in a government shutdown after conservatives balked when he and the GOP leadership had sought a way out of the crisis.

Outside conservative groups are still calling for his ouster, and after narrowly surviving a revolt in early 2013, Boehner could face defections in 2015, if not an outright challenge.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Re: Boehner: I'll run for Speaker again
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 06:18:20 pm »
 He will retire and not run but it makes him look weak to say otherwise.
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 06:47:25 pm »
Hopefully, Boo Hoo will lose, and drag Cantor and the rest of what passes for House Leadership into oblivion with him.  :smokin:
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 06:48:55 pm »
Hopefully, Boo Hoo will lose, and drag Cantor and the rest of what passes for House Leadership into oblivion with him.  :smokin:

:amen:
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline flowers

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 07:01:41 pm »
 :chairbang:

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 10:39:53 pm »
The GOP House leadership is a joke. 

rangerrebew

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 10:59:54 pm »
Its bad enough to have a lunatic democrat running the senate.  But add to that a teary eyed, spineless rino and America is in deep dodo.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 11:22:55 pm »
He will retire and not run but it makes him look weak to say otherwise.

Why would he retire?  When the GOP takes the Senate, he'll have more opportunity to fashion legislation.

Remember that the Tea Party caucus is only about 25% of the House, so Boehner's likely right to assert that he will win the Speakership again.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 01:42:58 pm »
Boehner has it for two more years.

Boehner will likely win and the GOP will take the Senate.  The GOP Congress will pass amnesty and collaborate with the left, but not quite enough to appease the true Marxists.  Obama will rally against the GOP Congress blaming it for everything.  The media will cheerlead the masses.  The true Conservatives will stay home due to the GOP establishment takeover/amnesty and the democrats retake Congress in 2016 convincingly.   

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2014, 03:03:53 pm »
Boehner has it for two more years.

Boehner will likely win and the GOP will take the Senate.  The GOP Congress will pass amnesty and collaborate with the left, but not quite enough to appease the true Marxists.  Obama will rally against the GOP Congress blaming it for everything.  The media will cheerlead the masses.  The true Conservatives will stay home due to the GOP establishment takeover/amnesty and the democrats retake Congress in 2016 convincingly.

Sadly, you may be correct on all counts.

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 03:06:52 pm »
The GOP House leadership  congress is a joke.

rangerrebew

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2014, 08:28:22 pm »