Author Topic: Spring Break: Mrs. Obama Visiting China With Daughters and Mother  (Read 392 times)

Offline flowers

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/spring-break-mrs-obama-visiting-china-daughters-and-mother

WASHINGTON (AP) — Michelle Obama plans a weeklong solo visit to China this month that includes meetings with China's first lady and high school and university students.

It will be her first visit to the Asian economic powerhouse.

In an announcement Monday on the White House blog, the first lady says a China visit is important because it is the most populous country in the world, with more than 1.3 billion people, and plays an important role on the world stage.

The White House says Mrs. Obama will travel from March 19-26. She will spend several days in the capital of Beijing, followed by stops in the central city of Xian and the southwestern city of Chengdu. Her schedule includes a meeting with Peng Liyuan, the wife of Chinese President Xi Jinping.

Online mountaineer

Re: Spring Break: Mrs. Obama Visiting China With Daughters and Mother
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 12:52:21 am »
Michelle to Take Week-Long Trip to China
by Keith Koffler on March 3, 2014, 1:36 pm
White House Dossier

Let’s Move . . . to the other side of the planet!

First Lady Michelle Obama will visit China from March 19-26 – and it’s all for the children!

Which children, I’m not sure. Chinese children I think. But she’ll be looking to educate American children and promote interconnectedness and other great buzz words.

And she’ll be doing some fantastic sight seeing on behalf of the children! Also, her daughters Sasha and Malia and mother Marian will be coming along on this important mission, which will no doubt cost taxpayers hundreds of thousand of dollars, and probably well north of $1 million.

All to be paid for with borrowed money from . . . China!

Michelle announced her trip in a blog post today:
My husband and I take the time to visit countries like China because we know that today, more than ever before, our lives here in America are connected to the lives of people around the world.

Thank you for taking the time. Please, while you’re there, get in a little tine for yourself. Oh, wait, you’ve got that covered:
I’ll also be visiting various historical and cultural sites in China, and I look forward to sharing with you the stories of the students I meet, as well as the interesting facts I learn about Chinese history and culture.

Oh God, thanks, because we never could have found that stuff on the Internet. She’ll stop of course in Xi’an, where she can try to talk education with the terrocota army.

Michelle will not only be speaking to Chinese students about them, she’ll be telling them about Michelle:
I’ll be talking with students about their lives in China and telling them about America and the values and traditions we hold dear.  I’ll be focusing in particular on the power and importance of education, both in my own life and in the lives of young people in both of our countries.

Michelle and her entourage – are the cousins coming on this one too? – will also stop in Beijing and Chengdu.

Michelle will be do a daily blog “complete with videos and photos, and answering questions from “kids across America.”

Michelle in 2011 took a similar exciting excursion to South Africa. Somehow she never tours Canada.

Meanwhile, President Obama will be visiting the Netherlands, Belgium, the Vatican and Saudi Arabia. But that trip wouldn’t be quite as important, so those countries won’t get a first lady.

I mean, who cares about Dutch kids? And does Belgium have terrocota soldiers? I think not.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: Spring Break: Mrs. Obama Visiting China With Daughters and Mother
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 01:07:40 am »
See?  That didn't take long to find a replacement for the canceled jaunt to Sochi....

I'll guess this one runs $5 million plus....

:smokin: