Author Topic: BREAKING: Ukraine: Russia Delivers 'Assault Storm' Deadline  (Read 1707 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
BREAKING: Ukraine: Russia Delivers 'Assault Storm' Deadline
« on: March 03, 2014, 03:31:13 pm »
It's all over the twitter feeds: Surrender by 5AM local or there will be trouble.

http://news.sky.com/story/1220272/ukraine-russia-delivers-assault-storm-deadline

Russia's fleet has given Ukrainian forces in Crimea until 3am to surrender or face a military assault, according to Interfax.

The ultimatum, from the commander of Russia's Black Sea Fleet Alexander Vitko, has a base in Crimea where Russian forces are now in control.

According to the agency, it reads: "If they do not surrender before 5am (3am GMT) tomorrow, a real assault will be started against units and divisions of the armed forces across Crimea."

« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 03:31:56 pm by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: BREAKING: Ukraine: Russia Delivers 'Assault Storm' Deadline
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 03:35:35 pm »
Wait...Kerry is on the way to save the day!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 03:36:51 pm »
Does he have his hat with him?

Putin won't blink.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 03:37:09 pm »
They can't do this! Obama is not done writing a strongly worded letter and then asking the UN to approve it.

Seriously this is not good, at all. Missile defense shield for a thousand, Alex.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/obama-missile-shield-russia/2013/03/17/id/495084

I pray for all of the souls in harms way. I am praying for Poland.
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 03:37:54 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 03:39:31 pm »
Al Jazeera English ‏@AJEnglish 11m

BREAKING: Reports Russian forces issue an ultimatum to #Ukraine navy in Sevastopol to lay down weapons and surrender. More soon.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 03:41:07 pm »
The U.S. plan had called for interceptors in Poland and Romania, complemented by deployed U.S. naval ships outfitted in the Mediterranean. Hagel said the first three phases would be fully implemented, but the fourth, the deployment of a large interceptor warhead, would not go forward.

At a meeting last March in South Korea, Obama told then-Russia President Dmitri Medvedev in remarks picked up by a live microphone that he would have “more flexibility” on the missile shield issue following an election victory.

Hagel's decision Friday confirms that Obama may be trying to live up to the promise, resolving a key part of the issue in Russia's favor early in his second term. The Obama administration reportedly believes the move may encourage Russia to additional nuclear arm cuts.

The Obama Administration recently offered an olive branch to Russia, indicating it planned to de-activate one-third of the U.S. nuclear arsenal unilaterally and without Congressional approval.

Do we even have this anymore?

complemented by deployed U.S. naval ships outfitted in the Mediterranean.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 03:41:35 pm »
NewsBreaker ‏@NewsBreaker 51s

.@ErinELyall was at a Ukrainian base where officers' wives are making a human shield to prevent a Russian invasion pic.twitter.com/aOiHfKAeAm

Not quite a missile defense shield.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2014, 03:45:01 pm »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2014, 03:46:24 pm »

:2popcorn: 

I was a boy of 10 years when Russian tanks pulled into Budapest, Hungary. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY7_vSDPr6M
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2014, 03:55:46 pm »
al Jazeera is now liveblogging:

http://live.aljazeera.com/Event/Ukraine_liveblog

Phew, what a relief.  Everything's under control-

Ukraine Live Blog

Russian Prime Minister Dimitry Medvedev speaks with US Vice President Joe Biden by telephone.
[Reuters]

by Faisal.Edroos  10:25 AM

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2014, 03:58:22 pm »

Russia Today Website Hacked – But How Can You Tell?
http://weaselzippers.us/177907-russia-today-website-hacked-but-how-can-you-tell/

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2014, 04:03:34 pm »

People attend a rally against Russia on Kiev's Independence square on March 2, 2014. Ukraine said Sunday it would call up all military reservists after President Vladimir Putin's threat to invade Russia's neighbour drew a blunt response from US President Barack Obama. The stark escalation in what threatens to become the worst crisis in relations since the Cold War came as pro-Russian forces seized control of key government buildings and airports in the strategic Crimean peninsula. AFP PHOTO/BULENT KILIC

http://www.kyivpost.com/content/ukraine/russias-invasion-of-crimea-live-updates-338096.html

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2014, 04:17:38 pm »
I'm not worried.  I listened to Kerry on MTP yesterday and he said Russia is going to attack with 19th century weapons.  Ukraine's tanks should handle Russia's cavalry charge on horseback with no problem.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2014, 04:19:26 pm »
Actual headline as seen on my IP's home page.

US prepares tough response for Russia
The crisis may be a game-changer for Obama's national security policy.

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/03/02/us-prepares-tough-response-for-russia-over-ukraine/20841270/

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2014, 04:21:47 pm »
I'm not worried.  I listened to Kerry on MTP yesterday and he said Russia is going to attack with 19th century weapons.  Ukraine's tanks should handle Russia's cavalry charge on horseback with no problem.

Still smiling at Kerry's pathetic spin on television yesterday saying that Putin's occupation/invasion of Crimea is from a position of weakness.

Do these people actually believe this?  Do they think the average voter believes it?

WTF have we done to our country?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2014, 04:23:38 pm »

COMMENTS from that last link. Can you spot the PAID Cyber warriors for Obama?

Dennis
LESS THAN A MINUTE AGO
Now here's a good idea, Stay the hell out of it.
ReplyFlag as AbusivePermalink
rate uprate down

bluemoon7_lyla
1 MINUTE AGO
Go to the polls people - 2014 midterms can be the beginning of freeing ourselves from the tyranny of this administration. However, before you go make sure that your state requires photo ID so that the infamous voter fraud that happened in Obama's election will not repeat itself.

I read the statements below and the one thing that is glaringly obvious is that the man at the helm is not a favored leader of this country. There is only one way to turn this around. Clean house people. Make your vote count and make sure that the person behind you is a legitimate voter and not someone who returns to the polls over and over again to vote for one person because there are no voter rules or photo ID requirements.

If we can swing the Senate to a GOP majority then we can consider impeachment. As it stands now, any impeachment proceedings would be stopped by the now Democratic majority that now exists in the Senate.
rate uprate down

sijo1234
1 MINUTE AGO
How to stop the Ruskies? Offer them Obamacare and we will pay for it
rate uprate down

thescot
1 MINUTE AGO
Just how tough will our response be, we have nothing to back it up with. The guy who ate all the hamburgers in the Popeye cartoon best describes our position.
rate uprate down

stuart100s
2 MINUTES AGO
Obama is going to send Putin a strongly worded e-mail. Very strongly worded.
rate uprate down

blackbelt.ron
3 MINUTES AGO
Just think of it --
China is trolling the seas near Japan.
North Korea just "test" fired a second round of missiles near South Korea.
Russia has invaded Ukraine.
What has emboldened all this enemies of America to be so aggressive?
Does America have the leadership in the Whitehouse to react as needed?
rate uprate down
1 reply to blackbelt.ron's comment

stuart100s
1 MINUTE AGO
The world is finding out what the tea party has known for 6 years. Obama is an empty suit.
rate uprate down

elendil3136
3 MINUTES AGO
Those of you who seem to think that having a different guy as President would make a difference in this case have no idea what you are talking about. Putin knows full well that we will not do the one thing that might cause him to back down : Send a large force of troops into Ukraine and face down the Russian Army. That kind of brinksmanship could well trigger WWIII, and Putin knows that we will not do it, given that WE know that the sole motivational factor here is to solidify its perceived right to the control of naval access to the Black Sea. Russia has fought wars for this in the past. They are prepared to do whatever is necessary, and WE, and the European powers, know it.

Now, given those facts, are you armchair Presidents prepared to take this country to the mat to stop Russia's naked territorial grab? Are you prepared to send your own sons or grandsons to back up your obviously racist attitudes?
rate uprate down
2 replies to elendil3136's comment

jjemder
1 MINUTE AGO
Yup, there it is folks, the race card! Well played! When all else fails...
rate uprate down

stuart100s
LESS THAN A MINUTE AGO
Remember Iran had hostages for 444 days, and returned them in less than a week after Reagan was sworn in as president.

It's not about what you do, it's about respect.
rate uprate down

Neville
3 MINUTES AGO
Lets draw another red line..... LMAO
+1
rate uprate down
AlanPGrabowski
3 MINUTES AGO
I make up to $90 an hour working from my home. My story is that I quit working at Walmart to work online and ­with ­a ­­little ­effort ­I ­easily ­bring ­in ­around ­$­40h ­to $­86h… ­Someone ­was ­good ­to ­me ­by ­sharing ­this ­link ­with me, so now i am hoping i could help someone else out there by sharing this link­... Try it, you won't regret it­!...

>>>> ww­w.Jobs­Gap.C­om
rate uprate down
1 reply to AlanPGrabowski's comment

automagdon
1 MINUTE AGO
W A R N I N G: . . . .Watch out for BULLCHIT scammers looking to rip you off.
rate uprate down

soopershrink
4 MINUTES AGO
I can't believe the mind set of the only thing the US can do is to exercise the military option and the flame is fanned by representatives of the media who want a story and politicians who are in bed with the military contractors and their lobbyists who see an opportunity for profit which will bloat the military budget even more! Think, Putin has his own economic problems. He just spent hundreds billions on the Olympics which he is anxious to recoup, not to mention his own bloated military budget. He may be more responsive to economic pressure than you imagine. Stop allowing the US military/industrial complex keep playing the fear card and having the US run off to war at the drop of a hat or a gauntlet! WE ARE NOT AND CAN'T AFFORD TO BE THE WORLD'S POLICE FORCE FORCE!!!!!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2014, 04:24:05 pm »
NBC News ‏@NBCNews 58s

WH: VP Biden called Russian PM Medvedev this morning, urged Russia to pull back forces and begin meaningful dialogue with Ukrainian gov't

Gee. I feel so much better now.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2014, 04:26:41 pm »
Whatever happened to NATO?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2014, 04:29:26 pm »

Obama probably disarmed them all (including us) and the white house is getting the unicorn ready for flight as we speak.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2014, 04:33:31 pm »
Actual headline as seen on my IP's home page.

IMO, the only way for Barack Obama to come out of this a hero and/or see his favorable numbers rise dramatically, is for this to happen.....

Obama:  Hello?  Vlad?   Hi...this is Barack.   Obama...Barack Obama. 

Uhhhh.....go to the window over your left shoulder.  See that rusted tractor at the top of the hill?

Suddenly a white/blue beam of light appears for just a second...and the tractor is molten metal running along the ground.

Do you know that we did this from orbit?

Now....I'm gonna tell the American people and the world that I merely suggested you rethink your position.

Have a nice day."

Now...actually, this is something that GWB would certainly do, but Barack Obama?   Even if he had the power, he wouldn't stop what Putin is attempting.

Sorry.    Occam's razor.....he's the epitome of a Manchurian President.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2014, 04:36:23 pm »

The French are busy in Central Africa and in Asia. The Germans are reluctant to come out and play. The UK is covering the Med and various other places. Norway is busy putting together the mutual defense pact with Finland and on joint exercises.

On a small side note of pride - we beat AP by 57 minutes in getting this out.  :laugh:

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2014, 04:38:37 pm »
IMO, the only way for Barack Obama to come out of this a hero and/or see his favorable numbers rise dramatically, is for this to happen.....

Obama:  Hello?  Vlad?   Hi...this is Barack.   Obama...Barack Obama. 

Uhhhh.....go to the window over your left shoulder.  See that rusted tractor at the top of the hill?

Suddenly a white/blue beam of light appears for just a second...and the tractor is molten metal running along the ground.

Do you know that we did this from orbit?

Now....I'm gonna tell the American people and the world that I merely suggested you rethink your position.

Have a nice day."

Now...actually, this is something that GWB would certainly do, but Barack Obama?   Even if he had the power, he wouldn't stop what Putin is attempting.

Sorry.    Occam's razor.....he's the epitome of a Manchurian President.

If you go into that article. The red meat of it says it is a game changer for Obama because MAYBE he will rethink the military downsize of the hot spot area. That's it.

But I like your scenerio but it is never going to happen. Obama may send more SEALs and take the credit as if he did the OP. But it is way past this point so he will do what the UN says.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 04:41:36 pm by Gazoo »

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2014, 04:48:38 pm »
Occam's razor.....he's the epitome of a Manchurian President.

Exactly.

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2014, 04:51:32 pm »
Wait...Kerry is on the way to save the day!

Kerry, Hell! Send in the Germans.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee