Author Topic: Marco Rubio aims for comeback with conservatives  (Read 1651 times)

rangerrebew

Re: Marco Rubio aims for comeback with conservatives
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2014, 01:50:19 pm »
I think he's been taking lessons from Anthony Weiner on how to revive a dying political career.  :pondering:

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2014, 02:01:39 pm »
I couldn't agree more.  I want a politician who listens to his constituents and says I represent my state.  I want a politician who can recognize a mistake and admit it.

Rubio won because he was AGAINST amnesty, not for amnesty.  Throughout his senatorial campaign he derided amnesty.  When he changed his position yet again (third time), he was not listening to his constituents.

You somehow see a statesman in Rubio since he reversed his position on amnesty and admitted his "mistake."  Obama and Bill and Hillary Clinton reversed their positions on gay marriage and admitted their "mistake."  Do you want them as politicians?  The reality is that Rubio, Obama, Bill and Hillary Clinton are all politicians first and foremost.  They will change their positions and call them "mistakes" if it suits their personal aspirations of power and benefit.  And that is why Conservatives will flee from Rubio.

Offline evadR

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2014, 02:13:11 pm »
Quote from: evadRĀ² on March 05, 2014, 10:31:53 PM
I'm willing to risk him being a senator, and that's as far as it goes.

And are you willing to revisit that decision if he continues to do well as a Senator?

Absolutely, but doing well over what period of time is the question.

I was pretty impressed with Christie when he first came out. Then, over a period of time I saw what he really is.

The same goes for Rubio, or any other pol. If they keep changing their position on key matters then they lose credibility with me.
Right now Rubio has to regain credibility...IMO.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline evadR

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2014, 02:27:18 pm »
I might add, most reasonable conservatives are willing to accept the fact that everyone isn't going to agree on every issue. That is not the problem with Rubio. I personally would like to see a reasonable solution to the illegal alien problem.
What most reasonable conservatives cannot accept is a pol that flip flops on important issues, ala John Kerry.  If they're going to do that just to go with the flow, well, they're not for me.
If a pol does that once, twice, three times..you have to wonder what their real beliefs are.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.