Author Topic: Why is anyone surprised by Obama's weak rsponse to Russia?  (Read 319 times)

rangerrebew

Why is anyone surprised by Obama's weak rsponse to Russia?
« on: March 03, 2014, 02:08:52 pm »
Why Is Anyone Surprised By Obama’s Weak Response To Russia?

Posted By Frank Camp on Mar 3, 2014 | 0 Comments

“Memory is the mother of all wisdom.” – Aeschylus

It’s really funny how shortsighted we are, as human beings. We are so shortsighted that we forget even the most egregious lies that come from the mouths of the most obscene liars. Not long after president Obama claimed the coveted “lie of the year” award for his “if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor, period” statement, and immediately following the Olympics, Russia decided to put the screws to Ukraine. In typical Obama fashion, our hard-nosed, and wise leader issued a statement one would expect from a man like Obama, who is so radically out of his depth that he might as well be a toddler in a calculus class. The statement goes like this:

“We will stand with the international community in affirming that there will be costs for any military intervention.”

It’s as if after 9/11, Bush said: “We are all united in affirming that this incident is not very good, and those involved will get some sort of comeuppance at some point.” It’s vague, and to be completely honest—because, when am I ever not?—groan-inducingly weak. However, what can you expect from a man who is so insulated, and so unaware of his own arrogance? To me, that statement is par for the course. To others, not so much. Conservative pundit Charles Krauthammer had this to say regarding Obama’s statement:

“The Ukrainians, and I think everybody, is shocked by the weakness of Obama’s statement. I find it rather staggering.”

Hang on…wait a minute—what? Krauthammer finds it staggering that Obama hasn’t mastered the art of intimidation? Moreover, he believes that “everybody is shocked by the weakness of Obama’s statement?” How can that be? How can someone as experienced as Krauthammer be so blindingly unaware? Here’s how: he expects that anyone who is president, no matter their Party, truly cares about the American people. That is his folly.

I’ve seen this behavior, this heightening of expectations, from too many conservative commentators over the years. Quite frankly, it’s frightening. Conservatives are often so unwilling to see people for who they really are. They are frequently unable to view human nature through anything but rose-colored glasses.

Obama is weak. Obama is wildly out of his depth. Additionally, he is more concerned about his own accumulation of power than the health of our nation. This is obvious to some, but to many conservatives, it is not. When people like Krauthammer look at Obama, they see a well meaning guy who is simply very misguided. That is not at all the case.

This inability on the part of some conservative pundits to assess their political surroundings is dangerous to our movement because it dilutes our power. We can only fight if we are able to correctly assess our opponent, and their weaknesses. We can only win—and bring our country back from the tipping point—if we understand the enemy’s intentions. With half of our most viewed pundits believing Obama to be a generally good, albeit misguided man, we will not win in 2016.

If we want to beat Hillary, we cannot paint our opponents with the good intentions we wish they had; we must see them as they are, and call them out on it.

Read more at http://lastresistance.com/4925/anyone-surprised-obamas-weak-response-russia/#XTRMEDzRxBJ7fDBr.99