Author Topic: Waiting for Jeb  (Read 376 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Waiting for Jeb
« on: March 03, 2014, 09:15:48 AM »

Support the USO

Offline MBB1984

Re: Waiting for Jeb
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 10:58:46 AM »
Bush is the last hope for the left wing of the GOP.  Obviously, he doesn't have the fire in his belly.  And, the general public is not going to be excited about another Bush in the White House, due to the general dismal record of the last two.

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 11:08:46 AM »
Bush is the last hope for the left wing of the GOP.  Obviously, he doesn't have the fire in his belly.  And, the general public is not going to be excited about another Bush in the White House, due to the general dismal record of the last two.

I hesitate to call Bush "left wing."  He has an acceptable conservative record as governor of Florida.  Unlike Christie, I could support Bush if he were to win the nomination.  But there are others in the race I'd prefer. 
"She only coughs when she lies."

Offline happyg

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 12:09:08 PM »
I hesitate to call Bush "left wing."  He has an acceptable conservative record as governor of Florida.  Unlike Christie, I could support Bush if he were to win the nomination.  But there are others in the race I'd prefer.

Same here. No matter how good a president Jeb would be, the people will not go for another Bush. Hopefully, they won't go for another Clinton, either.

Online jmyrlefuller

• Krampus
  • Angry goat-like creature
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 12:40:57 PM »
There is a difference between a left-wing Republican and a compassionate conservative.

Jeb comes from the latter, the Huckabee/Santorum/Akin wing of the party. Relatively liberal fiscally, Jesus-thumping on the social side, hawks on foreign affairs.

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 12:58:53 PM »
There is a difference between a left-wing Republican and a compassionate conservative.

Jeb comes from the latter, the Huckabee/Santorum/Akin wing of the party. Relatively liberal fiscally, Jesus-thumping on the social side, hawks on foreign affairs.

I wouldn't lump Jeb Bush in with these three, or even with his brother.  His record is more conservative than GWB's.  People will not like his views on immigration, but that's not a major obstacle for me.  I don't like any of the amnesty proposals so far put forward (mostly because they expand the entitlement state), but in general I support open borders, and the immigration issue is not "make or break" as far as I am concerned.

Still, I'd prefer Paul, Cruz or Walker over Bush.
"She only coughs when she lies."

Online Fishrrman

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 08:50:09 PM »
No more Bushes!
No more Clintons!

I won't be voting for Jeb, either in the primary, or in the general.

Find somebody else!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf