Author Topic: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors  (Read 1175 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
« on: March 03, 2014, 01:23:59 am »
President Obama’s mendacious political promise, “If you like your health care plan, you can keep it,” continues to cast a long and disturbing shadow of doubt and confusion over millions of Americans who have lost coverage as a result of Obamacare. As 2014 unfolds, the most vulnerable senior citizens — those who receive home health care services — are about to learn they are out of luck. Obamacare opens a trap door under them, leaving this elderly population in freefall — with many citizens losing access to home health care.

Add another compelling reason to reverse Obamacare. Whether by accident or intention, the “Affordable Care Act” empirically strips America’s oldest and poorest cohort, all part of the World War II generation, of this basic coverage. Here is how.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/feb/28/weber-obamacares-punch-to-home-health-care/#ixzz2urILt7xR
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Offline mountaineer

Re: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 12:57:42 pm »
After all, they've lived long enough. 
 :nono:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline happyg

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 05:17:15 pm »
I didn't  use home health, except that I would hire aids that I was personally friends with, to watch my husband while I got groceries or shopped. I had enough training, that I took care of him myself.

However, there are elderly people who need more intensive care that goes beyond activities of daily living. Most, or all, of those needing home care, require blood pressure readings, shots, therapy, and other treatment a family member is not qualified to do. That will stop, and these people will be in a bind that could result in deterioration or even death.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 05:20:11 pm »
See also the thread on the woman whose essential cancer medication won't be covered by her O'care-approved health insurance.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 05:29:50 pm »
This directly ties in the fact of death panels existing. With no preventative geriatric care, people will die faster.

If home health care is gutted then Obama needs to end all the minorities and black and white trash. That sit at home all day, on welfare with a very minor medical ailment and watch Judge Judy and their stories on their 73 inch 3D TV. While a nurse comes to their house and serves them breakfast, takes their vital signs and does their laundry and housekeeping. They will brag to you how they just got free windows and a roof paid for by Obama as well as an Obama phone and free groceries with food stamps.

All paid for on medicaid and sometimes medicare if it is a legit medical reason. I know of several home health care companies that disappeared overnight because they were turning in medicare/medicaid fraud by charging for a lot, and for services never rendered. This garbage needs fixed. Because these people have the system down pact and YOU are paying for it.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 05:30:20 pm by Gazoo »
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Millee

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 05:31:02 pm »
Wasn't AARP encouraging its members to support Ocare??  What do they say now or are they jumping on Reid's bandwagon claiming it's not true??   :shrug:

Offline happyg

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 05:45:18 pm »
Welfare recipients have caseworkers. In many cases, they "teach" clients how to clean their homes by cleaning their homes for them. Some homes require a gas mask to enter. I thought about doing that, but I don't condone coddling lazy jerks, while they complain about not getting enough done for them.