Author Topic: Academy Awards  (Read 14962 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Academy Awards
« Reply #150 on: March 03, 2014, 06:22:46 pm »
If you look at Novak her hands are old and wrinkled no amount of plastic surgery is going to change that and in her case it turned a formerly pretty woman into a freak... very sad.  Portiier could barely walk or talk...
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

« Reply #151 on: March 03, 2014, 07:31:51 pm »
This is probably the best speech I ever heard at the Oscars:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=deNAilnDY4I

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #152 on: March 03, 2014, 07:32:54 pm »
I have to hand it to Meryl Streep.  Her obnoxious political commentary aside, at least she dresses age-appropriately, and is secure enough in her own skin not succumb to the Madame Tussaud school of facial horrors. 

Offline happyg

« Reply #153 on: March 03, 2014, 07:37:03 pm »

« Reply #154 on: March 03, 2014, 07:37:24 pm »
This is probably the best speech I ever heard at the Oscars:

Those JournoJuiceboxers at Mediaite are dubbing McConoughay "the darling of the right" since his speech last night.   Hey, at least the audience didn't boo him, like they boo'd God at the DNC convention. 

Offline happyg

« Reply #155 on: March 03, 2014, 07:44:14 pm »
Those JournoJuiceboxers at Mediaite are dubbing McConoughay "the darling of the right" since his speech last night.   Hey, at least the audience didn't boo him, like they boo'd God at the DNC convention.

I imagine a lot of them agree with him, but won't admit it because they want to keep working. Maybe he's starting a new fad for Hollyweird.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #156 on: March 03, 2014, 08:13:55 pm »
 :smokin:

I imagine a lot of them agree with him, but won't admit it because they want to keep working. Maybe he's starting a new fad for Hollyweird.

Someone on judge Janine said there is a lot of Christians in the industry and afraid to speak out.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline flowers

« Reply #157 on: March 03, 2014, 08:16:45 pm »
If you look at Novak her hands are old and wrinkled no amount of plastic surgery is going to change that and in her case it turned a formerly pretty woman into a freak... very sad.  Portiier could barely walk or talk...
I  couldn't watch either of them. Novak looked horrible.

« Reply #158 on: March 03, 2014, 08:19:49 pm »
:smokin:

Someone on judge Janine said there is a lot of Christians in the industry and afraid to speak out.

That's a shame.  Makes McConaughay look even more courageous. 

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #159 on: March 03, 2014, 08:20:35 pm »
That's a shame.  Makes McConaughay look even more courageous.

Yep...

« Reply #160 on: March 03, 2014, 08:29:19 pm »
I look for lefties to dredge up pics of his character in Magic Mike.  :pondering:

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #161 on: March 03, 2014, 08:31:44 pm »
The left is a buzz about MM inciting God. I have heard others say in the past at music and academy award shows," first and foremost I wish to thank God, because without God none of this is possible, and there was not a stink or talk about it being different as there is today. Possibly I have not watched an awards show in a long time? I realize the left are known to have a strangle-hold on Hollywood but how long has it been outright taboo?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 08:32:24 pm by Gazoo »
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #162 on: March 03, 2014, 08:42:07 pm »
The left is a buzz about MM inciting God. I have heard others say in the past at music and academy award shows," first and foremost I wish to thank God, because without God none of this is possible, and there was not a stink or talk about it being different as there is today. Possibly I have not watched an awards show in a long time? I realize the left are known to have a strangle-hold on Hollywood but how long has it been outright taboo?

From what I've read (and I only watched a couple of minutes of Matthew's speech because he is a hometown boy), there were only two mentions of God, Matthew's and another actress who broke into a gospel song in the middle of her speech. On the latter, Bill Murray stood up and gave her a standing O when she did that (and I believe he was one of the few clapping at MM's mention).

The other thing the left is riled up about but buried is Jared Leto's speech. He made a somewhat pro-life comment about being born to a poor mother who could have given him up. He also stood up for the Ukraine and the protesters in Venezuela. The left doesn't like anyone challenging their commies.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #163 on: March 03, 2014, 09:15:43 pm »

You're only allowed to thank God when accepting an award if you're a rapper.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #164 on: March 03, 2014, 09:32:05 pm »
From what I've read (and I only watched a couple of minutes of Matthew's speech because he is a hometown boy), there were only two mentions of God, Matthew's and another actress who broke into a gospel song in the middle of her speech. On the latter, Bill Murray stood up and gave her a standing O when she did that (and I believe he was one of the few clapping at MM's mention).

The other thing the left is riled up about but buried is Jared Leto's speech. He made a somewhat pro-life comment about being born to a poor mother who could have given him up. He also stood up for the Ukraine and the protesters in Venezuela. The left doesn't like anyone challenging their commies.

Yes he did and his mother was beaming with pride.  BTW watched Dallas Buyers Club last night after the awards, and you would never have known it was Jared Leto in the role he played, his award was well-deserved.   

Another thing, Bill Murray made some very nice comments about Harold Ramis when he was up on stage to present an award and they had been estranged for a number of years.  Murray is a class act.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #165 on: March 03, 2014, 09:35:12 pm »
MM goes to Hollywood to act, but he remains a Texan at heart.  I remember a while back when he was first dating his wife he was making a movie in California and since he didn't have a home there he took his Airstream trailer down there and parked it at the Malibu Beach RV Park which overlooks the ocean... not that I blame him, it's a beautful location for an RV park, we stayed there several times back in the 80's and always wanted to get the spot he picked for his stay there...  he likes the outdoor life, surfing, etc., and he obviously adores his wife and children.

Offline flowers

« Reply #166 on: March 03, 2014, 09:36:30 pm »
Yes he did and his mother was beaming with pride.  BTW watched Dallas Buyers Club last night after the awards, and you would never have known it was Jared Leto in the role he played, his award was well-deserved.   

Another thing, Bill Murray made some very nice comments about Harold Ramis when he was up on stage to present an award and they had been estranged for a number of years.  Murray is a class act.

I watched Dallas Buyers Club a few weeks ago on PPV. I had to look up the cast to see who Leto played. Very well deserved award.  Rap, really enjoyed this thread.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #167 on: March 03, 2014, 09:47:45 pm »
I watched Dallas Buyers Club a few weeks ago on PPV. I had to look up the cast to see who Leto played. Very well deserved award.  Rap, really enjoyed this thread.

Thanks, I felt like I was probably the only one interested, but kept posting my comments nonetheless.

BTW the other person who really needs to lay off the botox is Goldie Hawn and I like Goldie a lot, just hate these women trying to Pelosi themselves.

Offline happyg

« Reply #168 on: March 03, 2014, 10:00:11 pm »

I read they made amends and that Murray visited him while he was ill. Here's the clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTMVFrx_FXo&feature=player_embedded

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #169 on: March 03, 2014, 10:09:12 pm »
The BIO a few weeks ago on Caddy Shack was really interesting, I recommend watching it and the Bio on the original Vacation movie (which Ramis did as well)...

« Reply #170 on: March 03, 2014, 10:22:48 pm »
Did you ever see the BIO one for Silence of the Lambs?   Or the one on Animal House?  Both very good, for different reasons (obviously!).

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #171 on: March 03, 2014, 10:28:09 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #172 on: March 03, 2014, 10:33:20 pm »
Did you ever see the BIO one for Silence of the Lambs?   Or the one on Animal House?  Both very good, for different reasons (obviously!).

No, I'll have to watch for them, I always like behind the scenes things.