Author Topic: Cruz: ‘I Am Absolutely Convinced We Are Going To Repeal Every Single Word Of Obamacare’  (Read 819 times)

Offline happyg

WASHINGTON (CBS DC/AP) — Tea Party favorite Sen. Ted Cruz is still holding out hope that President Barack Obama’s health care law will be repealed.

The Republican senator from Texas and potential 2016 presidential candidate made the comment before the Tea Party Patriots-hosted five-year anniversary event held in Washington, D.C.

“I am absolutely convinced we are going to repeal every single word of Obamacare,” Cruz told the Tea Party audience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml9eOTrMmpM&feature=player_embedded
Cruz stated that “there is no more destructive law” than the Affordable Care Act.

“If you listen to the media, if you listen to Democrats — although I repeat myself — they will say the fight to stop Obamacare did not succeed,” Cruz said. “Really? Well, I’m a big believer the proof is in the pudding. Last fall, millions of Americans rose up and said, ‘Stop the disaster that is Obamacare.’”

Cruz pointed out to the audience that it was the millions of Americans “rising up” to help elevate the national debate about Obamacare.

“I am hopeful, I am optimistic, I am filled with the promise that we’re going to turn this country around because there is a grass-roots revolution sweeping this country,” Cruz preached.

Cruz, who said the Tea Party “is the most exciting political development in decades,” noted that politicians are beginning to listen.

“Liberty is never safer when politicians are terrified,” Cruz told the audience.

If reaction of some 300 Tea Partyers were a barometer of 2016 preferences, Cruz drew a standing ovation and loud applause while Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., was warmly received.

Paul drew laughs with a good news-bad news pairing: “The government is open, and the government is open.”

He urged the group to offer an upbeat message and avoid name-calling.

Some Tea Party activists expressed disillusionment with GOP congressional leaders. Viveca Stoneberry of Spotsylvania, Va., said House Speaker John Boehner and others “pretend to be on the side of conservatives.”

Rep. Tim Huelskamp, R-Kan., was interrupted by the crowd, which stood and cheered when he said, “It’s high time we retire John Boehner.” When the applause died down, he completed his statement that it was “high time to retire John Boehner’s biggest excuse that we only control one-third of the government.”

The exchanges came as establishment Republicans are pushing back aggressively against Senate tea party challengers in Kansas, Kentucky, Mississippi and elsewhere.

In Colorado, a political deal announced this week results in Ken Buck, a Tea Party-affiliated Republican who lost a close Senate race in 2010, dropping a similar bid this year, and running for the House instead. Replacing him in the Senate race against Democratic Sen. Mark Udall is Rep. Cory Gardner, who is more palatable to the GOP mainstream.

In Kansas, the Tea Party Express endorsed Milton Wolf, who opposes three-term Sen. Pat Roberts in the Republican primary.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/02/28/cruz-i-am-absolutely-convinced-we-are-going-to-repeal-every-single-word-of-obamacare/

Offline sinkspur

Features of Obamacare that will not be repealed:

1.  Children remaining on their parents' insurance until age 26
2.   No denial of insurance due to pre-existing conditions
3.   Existence of state insurance exchanges

There may be others.  There will be some sort of subsidy, probably in the form of tax credits.   No mandates and many of the taxes will be eliminated.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
I don't know.  Cruz keeps getting standing ovations.  Someone isn't getting the memo about him not being popular.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Cruz and TP favorites have yet to show widespread popularity outside their own narrow, deep loud choir.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sinkspur

I don't know.  Cruz keeps getting standing ovations.  Someone isn't getting the memo about him not being popular.

Cruz hasn't gotten the memo that Obamcare is not going to be repealed in its entirety;  even Republican plans include the three provisions above.

I wanna know who passed the tin cups for Ted at the Tea Party event?  That is, after all, his major objective right now.

Say what it takes to keep those cards and letters coming.

Offline happyg

Cruz hasn't gotten the memo that Obamcare is not going to be repealed in its entirety;  even Republican plans include the three provisions above.

I wanna know who passed the tin cups for Ted at the Tea Party event?  That is, after all, his major objective right now.

Say what it takes to keep those cards and letters coming.

Where is your proof, or even evidence, that Ted's major objective is money? Couldn't we say the same thing about your favorite politician?

Offline sinkspur

Where is your proof, or even evidence, that Ted's major objective is money? Couldn't we say the same thing about your favorite politician?

Yes.  Money is the life-blood of politicians, which is why that is Cruz's major objective and also why I will never give a penny to any politician.

Offline Carling

Obama gets standing ovations in front of his base, too.  Then they have Happy Hour together and shoot the breeze.  Standing ovations in front of sycophants means very little in politics. 
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 12:57:49 am by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------