Author Topic: Lord Have Mercy....please?  (Read 6347 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Lord Have Mercy....please?
« on: March 02, 2014, 11:27:19 pm »

ACCUWEATHER - A storm that will bring major disruptions of travel and daily activities to much of the nation will hit Washington, D.C., with heavy snow and a wintry mix Sunday night and Monday.

The storm is likely to bring up to a foot of snow with some locally higher amounts possible in the heaviest bands of snow.

That amount of snow may be difficult to shovel, especially with the snow being preceded by a layer of ice.

Lengthy flight delays and many cancelations are expected during and well ahead of the storm, since it will move from west to east across the nation this weekend.

One or two rain showers will occur Sunday afternoon, ahead of the main storm.

The main storm could bring very heavy precipitation rates Sunday night and Monday. Snowfall rates can reach or surpass 2 inches per hour in some locations. Such intense snowfall can overwhelm shoveling and plowing operations, as well as strand motorists.

Motorists traveling on on area interstates should expect very slippery conditions with the potential for road closures in some locations. Conditions will be poor for travel throughout the mid-Atlantic, even down to Raleigh, N.C., on Monday.

More cold weather will follow the storm Tuesday and Wednesday.

Read more: http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/24851144/dc-gearing-up-for-a-major-snowstorm

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Lord Have Mercy....please?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 11:31:28 pm »
We lucked out..we were in the 9in range and we ended up with 1in...hope you have the same luck..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 11:35:59 pm »

"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 11:36:59 pm »

Who's coming with me??     LOL!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 11:39:20 pm »

Who's coming with me??     LOL!

count me in
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 11:40:43 pm »
We lucked out..we were in the 9in range and we ended up with 1in...hope you have the same luck..

This is the first winter I've experienced like this in my 42 years living in the Washington region.   It's more like you'd get in a mild Buffalo, NY winter.

In Buffalo, they usually get at least one snowfall of 4 feet or more...otherwise, I can't recall snow cover on the ground this frequently.

Global warming my butt.   :laugh:

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 11:45:01 pm »
The first wave came through and nothing stuck.  We'll see what kind of punch the back end packs tonight.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 11:29:32 am »

Snow and ice spread into the Northeast during the early morning hours on Monday as colder air rushed down from the north, meeting up with moisture moving in from the west.

The storm will cause major air and traffic disruptions on Monday, as many of the largest hubs in the mid-Atlantic will be in or near the path of the storm.

The heaviest snow--with amounts of 6 inches or so--will unfold from the West Virginia mountains to northern and central Virginia to extreme southern New Jersey.

This includes Washington, D.C., Harrisonburg, Va., Dover, Del., and Atlantic City, N.J.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/live-first-major-storm-of-marc/23902443
The majority of the snow will fall during the morning and early afternoon hours on Monday. By Monday evening, a sprawling area of high pressure building in from the west, bringing an end to the snow as colder, drier air moves in and the storm moves offshore.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 02:30:12 pm »

TOTALLY!     :thud:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2014, 02:34:56 pm »
Even down deep in the heart of Texas everything is coated with ICE this morning!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline WAYNE

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 02:56:38 pm »

yesterday.. Missouri. or was it Sunday..

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2014, 03:06:21 pm »
It was 50-68ish and this morning it is 27 freaking degrees!!!

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline flowers

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2014, 04:21:44 pm »
Here in Idaho area is the most snow we have had since we moved here. We get a lot anyway, but we are getting WAY more than usual. Heck we got 3 inches last night and I am doing the happy dance we only got 3 inches!!!   :th_10444:

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2014, 09:53:45 pm »

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2014, 09:56:08 pm »
It was 50-68ish and this morning it is 27 freaking degrees!!!

Got down to 5 degrees here last night. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2014, 10:31:02 pm »
75, no wind, some high clouds...... supposed to be back in the 80's later this week
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2014, 10:57:40 pm »
75, no wind, some high clouds...... supposed to be back in the 80's later this week

You're very fortunate to not have to deal with this crap.   :laugh:

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2014, 05:11:14 pm »

How does that song go?   "Give it to me one more time!"

up to twelve inches!     YIKES!! 

Hmmmmm.....perhaps I should edit this again.   :laugh:
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 04:53:18 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2014, 04:49:08 pm »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2014, 05:19:53 pm »
I hope you all are as lucky as we were....was supposed to get 5-7 ins of snow...at the most we got 1in....so good luck all in the path.
Support the USO

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2014, 05:58:03 pm »
I hope you all are as lucky as we were....was supposed to get 5-7 ins of snow...at the most we got 1in....so good luck all in the path.

The last one mostly went below us, and so far it looks like this one will mostly go above us.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2014, 06:52:53 pm »
Near 70 and sunny here today....and tomorrow....and the day after....and the day after that.......

You have my sympathy.

Honest.

I'll think of you all while I'm grilling T-bones on the patio this evening....

:beer:

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2014, 08:51:16 pm »
73 and the sun came out but I didn't want to rub it in or anything.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2014, 10:58:20 pm »
4 p.m. 73, sunny, no wind...perfect weather
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2014, 11:31:11 pm »
4 p.m. 73, sunny, no wind...perfect weather

7:30 PM on the East....up to 45 mph sustained winds but no precipitation. 

Never drive on wooded and tree-lined country roads in these conditions.