Author Topic: Anybody have any experience with Roku?  (Read 2308 times)

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: Anybody have any experience with Roku?
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2014, 06:49:31 pm »
At the urging of Mrs. Chieftain, we just purchased a Samsung Blue Ray/DVD player with wifi capabilities, primarily to access Netflix, but it does a whole lot of other things like access Facebook and YouTube if you sign up and register, which I am very reluctant to do. 

However, installing it could not have been simpler.  I unplugged and removed the old disk player, and replaced it with this one, using the same HDMI cable.  The only other thing to connect is the power.  Once I turned it on I was able to set it up and program it entirely without consulting the instruction book.  The controls and screens are intuitive and user friendly and its too bad these people aren't designing State exchange websites as well.....

Wifi access on our bigscreen is new, so while the jury is still out, things are looking up....

Offline NavyCanDo

Re: Anybody have any experience with Roku?
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2014, 06:54:02 pm »
I need a man........  I had tyo hire the local Sound Bank to come out after George died and explain how everything worked here........

My wife is the electronics wizard in our family.   She is obsessed with doing research before buying electronics, spending 10 to 30 hours or more on-line doing research, reading reviews and such. (Not exaggerating about the time spent.)   She goes into our  Fry’s Electronics superstore and the salesmen hide when they see her coming, because she can make them look stupid because she knows more about their product than they do.   They  (and I) are blown away by how much technical knowledge she has when she is ready to shop.  Whether  it was building our computer,  designing our home theater selecting a  Klipsch sound system, or selecting what wide screen to buy, or the LED light system over her massive aquarium, she is the one making the electronics decision.    My check book,  her decision.     
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn