Author Topic: Sen. Marco Rubio Urges Decisive Action Over Russian Military Move Against Ukraine, But U.S. Options May Be Limited  (Read 518 times)

Offline flowers

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/politics/2014/03/01/sen-marco-rubio-urges-decisive-action-against-russian-military-move-against/

In an op-ed piece that appeared in Politico, Sen. Marco Rubio, who sits on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, said that Russia's military intervention in Ukraine calls for no less than "immediate and decisive U.S. leadership."

Rubio said that the conflict can escalate, with broader repercussions in the region, and that the United States must act swiftly and condemn Russia's actions.

“Russia's illegal military incursion in the Crimea region in Ukraine is a grave violation of a nation's sovereignty and cannot go unpunished," Rubio said in the Politico piece. "First, President Obama should speak unequivocally and call this what it is: a military invasion. Second, President Obama should dispatch Secretary Kerry and Secretary Hagel to Kiev to show U.S. support for Ukraine's transitional government. Third, the U.S. should rally our allies to boycott this June's G8 summit in Sochi."

Rubio, a Florida Republican who frequently has accused the Obama administration of being too slow to react to international crises, said Russia needs to be handed consequences if it does not retreat.

"Any and all discussions and negotiations with Moscow on any issue unrelated to this crisis, including trade and other matters, should be immediately suspended," he said. "This is a critical moment in world history. The credibility of the alliances and security assurances that have preserved the international order is at stake."

Hey Rubio.....send some of your beloved amnesty seeking folks over there to fight for your cause on this.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 05:47:25 pm by flowers »

Offline SouthTexas

Offline sinkspur

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/politics/2014/03/01/sen-marco-rubio-urges-decisive-action-against-russian-military-move-against/

Hey Rubio.....send some of your beloved amnesty seeking folks over there to fight for your cause on this.

Harsh much?  I'd hate to be one of your dogs.

Rubio happens to be right here, and decisive.  Obama is the most cowardly president of my lifetime.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline SouthTexas

Harsh much?  I'd hate to be one of your dogs.

Rubio happens to be right here, and decisive.  Obama is the most cowardly president of my lifetime.

While I agree Obama is about useless here, take a look at the reasoning noted at the link I posted above.  We have troops in Afghanistan that depend on the Russian route for supplies.