Author Topic: Carr: Hooray! Justice is served!  (Read 672 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Carr: Hooray! Justice is served!
« on: March 02, 2014, 02:45:13 pm »
http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/columnists/howie_carr/2014/03/carr_hooray_justice_is_served

Carr: Hooray! Justice is served!
But Kennedy-style justice is ... different

Sunday, March 2, 2014
By:
Howie Carr
Of course Kerry Kennedy was acquitted.

How many times have you read the headline: “Ethel Kennedy Appears in Court for (fill in the name of this month’s family defendant)?” A couple of days later the inevitable follow-up headline appears: “Kennedy Acquitted.”

After the jury found her not guilty Friday on drugged-driving charges in Westchester County, N.Y., Kerry Kennedy said, “I’m just very, very, very grateful that justice was done.”

And she should know something about justice, because she runs the Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice and Human Rights.

She’s a “human rights advocate.” Nice work if you can get it.

Kerry is one of the Beautiful People. She once wrote a book titled “Speak Truth to Power.” From what we know now about her, a more appropriate title might have been, “Slur Truth to Power.”

Oh sure, over time the Kennedy family M.O. has evolved. The clan’s drug of choice used to be Chivas Regal, now it’s Ambien. It used to be just the Kennedy men cheated on their spouses. Now it’s the women too — Kerry got caught with a polo player.

(Her lawyers described her as a “devout Catholic,” which by Kennedy standards, she may well be. After she dumped her polo player boy toy, Kerry penned another book, “Being Catholic Now.”)

But like all Kennedys down through the ages, she couldn’t pass the field sobriety test. And of course the traditional thick-Irish-brogue priest appeared as a character witness. Somewhere, Msgr. Jeremiah P. O’Mahoney of St. Edward’s Church in Palm Beach must be smiling.

And naturally the family’s bloody shirt was waved. Her father, “Daddy,” was murdered when she was 8 years old. “He was running for president.”

Her uncle, JFK, was the president who famously said, “A rising tide lifts all boats.”

Her other uncle, Teddy, never became president, because he famously found out that a rising tide does not lift all Oldsmobiles.

Her lawyer was Gerald Lefcourt, who took time out from his usual practice of defending Black Panthers, rap moguls, crooked Albany pols and junk-bond billionaires to represent the former Mrs. Andrew Cuomo.

In a raspy voice that makes her sound more like Ethanol than Ethel Kennedy, Kerry thanked her hired guns, saying, incredibly, “Most people don’t have access to that and we need to take a hard look at our criminal justice system in the United States to make sure that it really is just and that everyone, everyone in our country has true access to justice.”

Mary Jo Kopechne could not be reached for comment.

Rudyard Kipling wrote that “There comes a night when the best get tight.” With the Kennedys, it seems to happen more and more often in the morning. But what’s the big deal? Oh sure, Ethanol Kennedy rear-ended a truck, blew out a tire and then rode on the rim of her Lexus SUV wheel for miles on an interstate before finally slamming into a guard rail.

But unlike her uncle, she didn’t drown anybody. Unlike her brother, she didn’t cripple anybody. On a Kennedy-family scale of 1-to-10, this fender-bender barely rated a 2.

Friday morning, as Ethel and Ethanol walked away from the bank of microphones in front of the Westchester courthouse, a reporter yelled out a final question: “What are you going to do now?”

“Celebrate” Ethel replied.

Another Kennedy beats the rap! Neck braces on the house!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Poser

Re: Carr: Hooray! Justice is served!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 02:50:23 pm »
Howie at his best!

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 02:53:58 pm »
yah....and this is all tolerated by the Democrats because it gives them all such a shining image.....or sumphtin' like that.....the actual logic of why anyone tolerates the Kennedys and all of their foibles (beyond the money they spend to cover the many piles of excrement the various family members leave lying around...) escapes me.  These people should have been run out on a rail 100 years ago......

:smokin:

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 03:38:52 pm »
Howie at his best!

I've been a Howie Carr reader (and listener) for 25 years. He just gets better with age...
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 04:14:08 pm »
yah....and this is all tolerated by the Democrats because it gives them all such a shining image.....or sumphtin' like that.....the actual logic of why anyone tolerates the Kennedys and all of their foibles (beyond the money they spend to cover the many piles of excrement the various family members leave lying around...) escapes me.  These people should have been run out on a rail 100 years ago......

:smokin:

I'm not sure I follow you.  How exactly do the Democrats figure in to a Kennedy situation who holds no political office?

The people who care about the Kennedys watch Rachel Maddow, which is to say, there just aren't that many of them.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Poser

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 04:26:21 pm »
I've been a Howie Carr reader (and listener) for 25 years. He just gets better with age...

He has come a long way since his monotone days on the "Governors" segment of the Jerry Williams Show on Tuesday afternoons. I wonder what Jerry's take on the current state of the nation would be.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 08:11:10 pm »

He filled in for Mark Levin a few weeks ago, I really enjoyed listening to what he had to say.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776